Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

The jury didn't hear anything past the Dick Tracy comment!
true...but even getting the name out there was a score (imo) for the defense....like they say, you can't unring a bell.

Yuri,

If you are out there, I want you to know that I think you are the best. You are so very professional, so awesome, really smart, and the kind of law enforcement we all hope our hometown has. And yes, I voted for you in the AMW contest and would do so again and again and again.

Thank you for all you do!

Tricia, if you are out there, thanks for letting us know that you can get Burrito Supremes with EXTRA CHEESE. :crazy:

Does anyone remember the question of YM when he was asked if Casey was handcuffed before he arrived on the scene? I'm trying to remember did he say she had already been handcuffed or not?

Does anyone remember the question of YM when he was asked if Casey was handcuffed before he arrived on the scene? I'm trying to remember did he say she had already been handcuffed or not?

She wasn't , and he wasn't aware that she had been prior to that.

What a sickening display today. JB is <a truly unusual person.> I hold Yuri Melich in the *highest* esteem. Why is it all the good guys and gals are dragged through the mud by Casey & Co? Just unbelievable to me. But I sure was proud today to be a card carrying WebSleuth aka a "no life idiot blogger" :rolleyes: Yay us!!!

GO YURI! Pulling for you all the way!!!!

You are our hero and, most important, one of Caylee's heroes :blowkiss:

Yuri is a class act and never lost sight of his responsibility to Caylee Marie. He is a hero!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Add me to the list of Websleuthers who are overwhelmingly impressed with Yuri Melich. He presents himself so well to the jury and completely squashed JB like a little bug today. I betcha' ICAs first thoughts upon being questioned by Det Melich was "oh crap, this guy knows what he's doing. I'm in trouble." Quotes placed for effect only... not that I mean anything particular by them.

:rocker:

I'm so proud to be part of this original 2008 thread and to have had a chance to tease Yuri Melich several times that it was time to get back to work (after breaking his leg in three places) and find Caylee.

He could have been rude, or he could have totally shut me out and not answered at all, but instead he went along with the joke and added a few funny retorts of his own. And I love that he nearly always asked us at the end of his posts to pray for the Anthony family. In addition, his love for Caylee has never faded one bit.

Total class act, both then and now.

Everyone has times in their life where they are so shocked, so surprised at something, that they will always remember everything about that moment.

With HLN blaring in the background I was sitting here trying to make sense of some technical things and trying to decide if I should continue to read or head straight to Taco Bell for a burrito supreme with extra cheese when I heard, "Dick Tracy Orlando."

If a naked man showed up sucking a pacifier wearing ruby slippers, and singing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida I couldn't have been more surprised.

But I knew the topic would be brought up I just didn't realized the bizarre manner in which Baez would bring it up.

This will not be the last time that something on Websleuths is brought up IMO.
...and just now driving in my car listening to NG...I hear WS mentioned again (wish she had gotten the name right!)...I'm so glad this thread has been bumped. I can' think of any person who is more deserving of our support right now. You go Yuri!!!

Thanks!!! That isn't, to the best of my recollection, what Baez read during that hearing. What I can remember was it was supposedly a post in which DTO stated emphatically that any claims about an accident are B.S. (I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember the exact wording), or something to that effect. It wasn't anything like the other posts that I read here. The judge, bless him, went on to read a post from 9/21/08 in which DTO stated that he'd trained his dogs to retrieve the remote and mentioned that his Dane drools.

kma367

Nope that' the post...Baez was making an assumption of what the post implied...giant leap...IMO.

Jose is going to LOSE IT when they get to the tape of her at Universal....He'll twiddle his thumbs and look at Melich like "So buddy, what do we talk about now?....(that I can't bring up Sebweulths...)" :crazy:

THAT'S Yuri Melich at his best, right there at the "end of the hall". He'll have the jury eating out of his hands. :floorlaugh: :great: :floorlaugh:

CUTE! I didn't know Det. Melich has Danes! I have two! A big fawn and a petite merle. BOTH slobberers!!

Yuri and his team should be commended for their superior work and dedication to their jobs.

Absolutely an incredible individual. Did so well today, and throughout this entire case. Hats off to him - one of the FEW people who did right by Caylee.

:cheer: YURI, YURI HE'S OUR MAN:cheer:.........you know the rest. A big THANK YOU and CONGRATS to YURI for representing our Caylee today! I was so impressed and pleased especially after the disappointment over previous testimonies today. YURI truly is a class act. Very professional, we couldn't ask for a better person to testify on CAYLEE'S behalf. A heartfelt Thank You YURI."......Orlando is a better place with you in it.:tyou:

Love Love Love ABSOLUTELY Love you! Awesome job today!!!

OMG, I just watched the cross with Jose I am LMAO. I loved the way that Det Melich was looking at Jose, quizzically like he was studying him as Jose was burying KC and piling on the dirt. He tried so hard to get the Det. to say he was jumping to conclusions about her statement and saying, "none of this makes sense, how can you believe this". As Jose wasn't getting the response he wanted he piled more on and Det. Melich just kept furrowing hs brow like he was thinking ...this is crazy, I have never had a defense arrorney talk so bad about his own client.

I think the fact that he didn't arrest her on the spot showed incredible restraint, the fact is this child could have been alive and arresting her mother right away might have endangered her...i.e. Mr. Baez he did the right thing.

What has always cracked me up was KC's implications to G&C in those jailhouse videos that she was somehow "protecting her family" by not telling them any details....like the mob would do something to them or something if she "talked"? What a piece of work that one is!!

I have to give HUGE KUDOS to Yuri Melich!!! Yuri has always been a hero to all of us here at WS.

But seriously Yuri, how did you keep a straight face when Baez asked you if Casey had ever committed suicide? :floorlaugh: I would've been thrown out of the courtroom for laughing hysterically! :floorlaugh:

GREAT job Yuri!!!! God bless you & your family!!!

I promise I'm not sucking up when I say today you were one Cool Cat...I hope JB took detailed notes!

:yourock:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back