Support Thread: Jeff Ashton and Prosecution Team

Mr. Ashton - great job today! Love your passion! You all are in my prayers for strength and patience. You make me proud to be an Orange County resident!

Here's what a couple of attorneys a little north of you have to say ~ you three are definitely the dream team! We are so impressed with how meticulous and so well thought out your entire case has been. You are all hitting your stride. You have and can continue to turn every defense witness into a witness for the State of Florida . Take your time and don't let your emotions (Jeff) get in the way . . . you guys will totally rock the house!

I feel the same as everyone else! I am so thankful for your passion and dedication in Caylee's honor! You represent your office and the state of Florida with class, truth wisdom and intelligence.

Absolutely Brilliant!!!!
Last Video Part 12 - time 21:00
JA: you did a report in this case, is that not correct
TH: that is correct
JA: and did you understand that you were to place in that report every opinion you had related to this case
JB: Objection - beyond the scope
JA: it's impeachment Judge under I think Johnson is the case
HJBP: Johnson is the name of the case but uh...overruled at this point
JA: were you aware that you were to put every opinion that you were
going to present in this case in your report
TH: yes
JA: and that report does not contain any opinion about identifying a stain by
it's appearance does it
JB: Objection - calls for a legal conclusion
HJBP: overruled
JA: it's not in here is it
th: it's not in there
JA: now you acknowledge you said on re-direct that that photograph was not intended to be a recreation of the events in this case, correct
TH: that's correct it's strickly research
JA: but when you presented this to the Jury you didn't tell them that that this was not a representation of what would have happened in this case did you
TH: no but I also did not tell them it was a representation

JB: ---------------(re-direct)

continuing 26:51

JA: I'm sorry I thought you told me a moment ago that you've never been
asked to look at a stain and identify it before
TH: was that a question
JA: Looking at a stain and determining whether it's decomposition or not I thought you said you've never been asked to do that before
TH: I've never been asked in a court of Law Sir
JA: But when you just said to Mr. Baez this is something that Entomologists do all the time. Which is it? (using hands like a scale, up & down)
TH: outside of the court of law it is something that is done all the time
JA: now this opinion of yours about identifying of the stain you discussed that opinion with Mr Baez back in 2008 didn't ya
TH: yes I believe I said I did
JA: so why didn't you put it in your report
JB: Objection
HJBP: overruled
JA: so if you discussed it with counsel why didn't you put it in your report
TH: it didn't go in to the report because my report specifically focused on the insects recovered from the trunk and because those insects were not of a medically or forensic nature there was no reason to make any further assumptions regarding a body in the trunk
JA: weren't you instructed that every opinion that you were going to issue in this case was to be included in a report
TH: yes sir

http://www.wftv.com/news/28268047/detail.html

You ARE a professional, Mr. Ashton. A dedicated, passionate, incredibly talented man of honor. Caylee could not have a better advocate than you.

Jeff, Linda, Frank and all who have worked so hard for Caylee...

We love you!!!

:great::great::great:

I am very happy with the prosecution today/JA. It looks like JB is going to try and pull every trick in the book. JA is effective and has to question different witnesses different ways. The cross examination today was a little like trying to pull teeth from the bug guy. I felt that JA needed to get fired up to get any answer out of him.. and when he did.. ohhh it made JB look like the guy was some college grad that he paid to come say what he told him to say.

JB is trying to completly distort facts.. a fact is a fact and I guess that is what JA needed to have the witness confirm.
My favorite day so far next to the Dr. G testimony.

Great job Jeff! Let your passion show, even if you will feel the wrath of HHJP at times. Good luck!

Thank You, Jeff Ashton. Today was amazing.

Jeff Ashton, you are dreamy.
LDB, Andrea Lyon was wrong. Your femininity suits you well.
Mr. George, I hope you get a little more floor play-you have put in the time, too.

In all seriousness, what a fantastic team Lawson Lamar has assembled. Maybe Ms. Lyon was right to be concerned about the campaign season interfering with the trial, because you have to be a favorite of the contistuency, you are serving them well and with integrity.

I've been following the trial for so long and I'm still unclear about how it came to that JA and LDB were chosen to be the prosecutors for this case. Did they just get 'lucky'? Who assigns prosecutors to cases? Once assigned to a case, do the prosecutors have a say in whether they will take the case or not?

Is LDB the lead state attorney and JA is her assistant state attorney?

Why was LDB completely silent in yesterday's trial? It seems she leaves the more aggressive cross examination styles to JA.

How about Judge Perry himself? How was he assigned to this case?

Can someone enlighten me?

I've been following the trial for so long and I'm still unclear about how it came to that JA and LDB were chosen to be the prosecutors for this case. Did they just get 'lucky'? Who assigns prosecutors to cases? Once assigned to a case, do the prosecutors have a say in whether they will take the case or not?

Why was LDB completely silent in yesterday's trial? It seems she leaves the more aggressive cross examination styles to JA.

These questions would be good ones for the Verified Lawyers Thread! Maybe cut 'n paste. Good questions.

Jeff Ashton made my day yesterday. I admire him for trying to drive home what really happened here. Throw out all the nonsense and lets stick with the facts that we know.
And those facts point to one thing and one thing only=GUILTY!

Mr.Ashton yesterday you proved to be one brilliant opponent. Simply riveting. Thank you to the entire SA team for keeping Caylee in the forefront. Thank you for your passion, dedication, very hard work and for the sleepless nights and sacrifices you have generously made working on justice for Caylee. Peace

I'll attempt to answser for you...

JA is the forensic SA....which is why you only saw him doing cross examination of Dr. Huntington...

FG is the child abuse/fraud SA...

and LDB is the procedural SA...if there is such a thing...but it appears she is the lead SA on this case...they are all doing a fine job for justice for Caylee...

His Honor assigned himself to this case (he is Chief Justice and takes on problem cases) after Judge Stan Strickland was given a motion by the DT to recuse himself...he did recuse himself in a resounding way and the irony was indeed rich...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Not an attorney but I believe the way it works is Lawson Lamar (State Attorney for Orange/Osceola Counties) selects the prosecutors. I know Linda Drane Burdick is the ASA in charge of child abuse and sex crime cases and Jeff Ashton is a "go to" attorney for DP cases. This is not only 1st degree murder but also child abuse so the two of them are an obvious choice. I believe LDB is lead chair with JA and FG backing her up but JA's forte is forensics. Which is why he did the direct on most of the forensic experts and will probably cross the defense experts.

Judge Belvin Perry Jr. is the chief judge for the district and after Stan Strickland recused himself, it is my understanding that Judge Perry assigned himself to the case. I have heard (but cannot prove) that JP was not happy with how Stan Strickland was letting the attorneys run the show in his courtroom and to keep things within the budget JP decided he would take it over.

The budget is a huge issue here in Florida. Orange County was advised they would run out of money if the trial runs over budget. JP is doing his best to keep things moving along, keep the jury comfortable and still stay within his tight budget.

HTH.

June 17th's cross examination of Dr. Huntington was classic. I think the video tape will be used in many legal classes in the future. This is way better than a reality show.

Not an attorney but I believe the way it works is Lawson Lamar (State Attorney for Orange/Osceola Counties) selects the prosecutors. I know Linda Drane Burdick is the ASA in charge of child abuse and sex crime cases and Jeff Ashton is a "go to" attorney for DP cases. This is not only 1st degree murder but also child abuse so the two of them are an obvious choice. I believe LDB is lead chair with JA and FG backing her up but JA's forte is forensics. Which is why he did the direct on most of the forensic experts and will probably cross the defense experts.

Judge Belvin Perry Jr. is the chief judge for the district and after Stan Strickland recused himself, it is my understanding that Judge Perry assigned himself to the case. I have heard (but cannot prove) that JP was not happy with how Stan Strickland was letting the attorneys run the show in his courtroom and to keep things within the budget JP decided he would take it over.

The budget is a huge issue here in Florida. Orange County was advised they would run out of money if the trial runs over budget. JP is doing his best to keep things moving along, keep the jury comfortable and still stay within his tight budget.

HTH.

Thank you GatorMom, you explained it much better than I tried to...and you corrected me on LDB's role...either way, I love this team....they work well together and I'm sure they will get Caylee the justice she so deserves...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocoflakes51