Susan Powell: Odd discovery in West Utah Desert

Update:
The Tooele County Sheriff's Dept did not make it out to lift the concrete today because they had reports of bones buried elsewhere in the west desert and discovered 3 dogs in their graves. They are hoping for tomorrow. This is a small department with a huge area to cover and I know they are doing the best they can. I'll be back with updates . . . if I can find my way back here. Does anyone know why Susan Powell is not in the "Missing Persons" section, but in the "Missing Persons/Recovered" section when she has not been recovered? I don't think I'll ever figure my way around this site. If I could, it would be my #1 choice. :eek:\

Linda

That is Tooele County for you. Open abandoned mines, open wells, you name it. At least they are trying to cover the mines with dangerous drops down the shaft.
Linda

The West Valley Police Dept apparently has no interest in checking this. It would take them a whole 30 minutes to get out here to check. I asked the LE in this jurisdiction if WVPD had contacted them to come out and check and they have not. Upon questioning Cpt Lachlan with WVPD he doesn't know about the tip (photos and map sent) or who is handling it. Doubt they will ever check on it.
Linda

Am I the only person who see weeds growing THROUGH that lump of cement?

http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/4/4/0/4403677c-84e5-4002-914e-48f59c59ceb3/Original.jpg

I really respect all the hard word that Ms Osbourne has put into this case, searching when no one else would ... and I realize anything's possible.

But nothing's grown out there since Susan disappeared. The cement would have been poured on top of those weeds, wouldn't it?

No, you are the second person who saw that. I don't believe any of the weeds have roots in the cement. There are very strong winds out there that blow a lot of tumbleweed and other weeds around. I didn't see anyting rooted in the cement, but there are weeds that had grown in the surrounding dirt and I believe some just loose uprooted plants or plant parts on top or around it.
Linda

Update:
The Tooele County Sheriff's Dept did not make it out to lift the concrete today because they had reports of bones buried elsewhere in the west desert and discovered 3 dogs in their graves. They are hoping for tomorrow. This is a small department with a huge area to cover and I know they are doing the best they can. I'll be back with updates . . . if I can find my way back here. Does anyone know why Susan Powell is not in the "Missing Persons" section, but in the "Missing Persons/Recovered" section when she has not been recovered? I don't think I'll ever figure my way around this site. If I could, it would be my #1 choice. :eek:\

Linda

Conduct a search of the site for Susan Powell, click on each result then click on "Thread tools" and subscribe to each thread. That way you'll get an update each time someone comments on the thread.

You may have to post more before the search is available to you.

Constantly checking this site by using the Susan Powell search will also allow you to see when new threads are started.

You can always post questions after you've commented on a particular thread and someone will answer them for you.

If you can't use the search engine, you can conduct an advanced Google search using the "Return results from this site only" where you will type websleuths.com

While you are in the process of subscribing to the various threads, add each one to a book mark, taking the time to type the appropriate label which you can then use to quickly find whatever thread it is you are looking for if you want to review the posts.

I don't delete the e-mails but keep them in my inbox then access the threads that way when I want to post something and there hasn't been a recent post for me to respond to.

IMO - it's really a stretch to me to try and connect Steven Koetcher's case with Susan Powell. Perhaps Steven's family felt this was a way to keep his name in the public eye by commenting on the possible likelihood? I can understand that, but really, it's highly unlikely given the facts in both cases.

(bbm)

Absolutely! Especially since the only time Josh was missing from West Valley City was from 12:30 AM to 6:00 PM on the 7th of December -- and for 24 hours in the rental car, from the 9th to the 10th of December.

Steven Koetcher didn't disappear from Henderson, Nevada until December 13th.

Ahahaha! Lolololol!

Here are some juicy quotes from his http://joshpowellrealtor.com web site which is now only available at the Way Back Machine Internet Archive site. Brace yourself! Lol!

About Josh - and I ain't joshing! These are cut and pastes!​

"With over twelve years of diverse experience and education in the real estate industry, Josh Powell is an industry leader."

"One thing about it – Josh has enthusiasm and tenacity in spades. He is a rare breed who goes beyond to provide value."
My comment: Otherwise known as an odd duck!
floorlaugh.gif

"Integrity, honesty, decency – these are givens as far as Josh is concerned. And being a family man himself, Josh knows how important it is to have a healthy, comfortable environment for your family."

My comment: And he'll be happy to drive you around to the various properties while his wife rides her bicycle to work 14 miles round trip!

"Josh’s caring approach to real estate has earned him a reputation as the most widely known and trusted Salt Lake City Utah Realtor®."
My comment: What a bunch of bull! The guy only sold two or three houses, according to his brother-in-law, Kirk Graves, who is married to Josh's sister Jennifer.

SOURCE: http://web.archive.org/web/20061101184809/www.joshpowellrealtor.com/about/AboutJoshPowell.aspx

I totally agree, no way could Josh have 12 years of experience in real estate when he had his magnets made up. As you say, we know from first hand accounts that he only sold a couple of houses in his time. No way was he an industry leader. It's a very bad idea to outright lie about your knowledge and experience of a job, but that seems to be Josh's modus operandi. His self-boosting about his web expertise is similarly misleading, yet transparently so.

The picture on the magnet, arms folded, self-satisfied grin, just says "smug" to me. I never met Josh and I'm glad I didn't, he seems like a nasty twisting manipulating person, prepared to lie and lie to forward his own interests.

Oh, tenacity in spades? The guy who couldn't even finish his own basement?

:waitasec:

I totally agree, no way could Josh have 12 years of experience in real estate when he had his magnets made up. As you say, we know from first hand accounts that he only sold a couple of houses in his time. No way was he an industry leader. It's a very bad idea to outright lie about your knowledge and experience of a job, but that seems to be Josh's modus operandi. His self-boosting about his web expertise is similarly misleading, yet transparently so.

The picture on the magnet, arms folded, self-satisfied grin, just says "smug" to me. I never met Josh and I'm glad I didn't, he seems like a nasty twisting manipulating person, prepared to lie and lie to forward his own interests.

Oh, tenacity in spades? The guy who couldn't even finish his own basement?

:waitasec:

I am so frustrated! I read on his web site where it said something to the effect, "You probably know Josh Powell because he delivered 100,000 refrigerator magnets and you probably have one on your refrigerator."

Now I can't find it for the life of me! Maybe tomorrow when I'm fresh! It appears someone else composed the content on this web site. Or, Josh Powell copied other web sites. We know how his writing skills aren't that advanced or we would have seen him putting them to work on his father's web site: http://stevechantrey.org and the http://susanpowell.org site.

Reading his realtor web site is certainly misleading! He makes it sound like he's the best realtor in the entire state of Utah!

I'd just like to state that I am also a sleuther of SK, as well as SP, and I do believe there is a connection.

There has not been much of anything released to the public in his case by LE, as is lately in Susan's case.

All I will say is there is a discrepancy in Steven's case. His mother stated at the PC that Steven was in Ruby Valley/N. Utah on the 9th. There was a post on his FB page in FEB stating he was in St. George for a temple ward night on the Dec 9th. This was confirmed by "others" within the next weeks in Feb.---not by LE. The ward temple night was never mentioned in the PC given by her parents---not LE. There has been many incidents of "misinformation" in his case.

One thing is certain--he drove MANY miles the week tween Susan's disappearance and his; especially, the dates of the 8-10th.---in the same area Josh said he did.

I don't know why this scenario brings up so much heated objection----but it's one of the reasons I pursued it. TOO much resistance. It's like stepping on a rusty nail everytime it is approached.

Why dismiss any theory unless you can....and I don't believe anyone has -- other than just a gut feeling or an entitled opinion. I don't think LE has--or I've never heard them say so.

I'd just like to state that I am also a sleuther of SK, as well as SP, and I do believe there is a connection.

There has not been much of anything released to the public in his case by LE, as is lately in Susan's case.

All I will say is there is a discrepancy in Steven's case. His mother stated at the PC that Steven was in Ruby Valley/N. Utah on the 9th. There was a post on his FB page in FEB stating he was in St. George for a temple ward night on the Dec 9th. This was confirmed by "others" within the next weeks in Feb.---not by LE. The ward temple night was never mentioned in the PC given by her parents---not LE. There has been many incidents of "misinformation" in his case.

One thing is certain--he drove MANY miles the week tween Susan's disappearance and his; especially, the dates of the 8-10th.---in the same area Josh said he did.

I don't know why this scenario brings up so much heated objection----but it's one of the reasons I pursued it. TOO much resistance. It's like stepping on a rusty nail everytime it is approached.

Why dismiss any theory unless you can....and I don't believe anyone has -- other than just a gut feeling or an entitled opinion. I don't think LE has--or I've never heard them say so.

(blue-bbm)
How do you think they're connected, Hollyblue?

Are Susan and Steven connected or are Josh and Steven connected? _ :confused:

I am so frustrated! I read on his web site where it said something to the effect, "You probably know Josh Powell because he delivered 100,000 refrigerator magnets and you probably have one on your refrigerator."

Now I can't find it for the life of me! Maybe tomorrow when I'm fresh! It appears someone else composed the content on this web site. Or, Josh Powell copied other web sites. We know how his writing skills aren't that advanced or we would have seen him putting them to work on his father's web site: http://stevechantrey.org and the http://susanpowell.org site.

Reading his realtor web site is certainly misleading! He makes it sound like he's the best realtor in the entire state of Utah!

I remember reading it too.

Could this be it, Pickie?

It's from a google search.
The top blue link doesn't work; but if you paste the green URL in the wayback machine it goes to Josh's archive but the archive won't go to Josh's old website even though several dates seem to be available

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :waitasec:

Salt Lake City Real Estate, South Jordan & Draper to West Valley ...
Josh Powell brings more qualified buyers to your sale. ... used the DexMedia Salt Lake phone book to deliver refrigerator magnets to over 550000 families. ...
www.joshpowellrealtor.com/sellers/HomeSellerSampleMarketing.aspx

Could you explain what your scenario (which relates Steven's known movements to Josh) actually is?

is it (scenario 1):

1) Josh kills Susan and disposes of her body somewhere
2) Steven and Josh communicate (did they know each other before?) and Steven offers to rehide the body
3) Steven drives up to WVC area, gets detailed directions from Josh on where the body is (possibly travelling there with Josh)
4) Steven moves the body so Josh can truthfully say he doesn't know where she is
5) Steven reports back to Josh for his reward, and Josh then murders him

or (scenario 2)

1) Josh kills Susan and disposes of her body somewhere
2) Steven hears about the case, drives up to WVC area, does some searching on his own and finds Susan's body
3) Steven confronts Josh, and Josh murders him

or could you present a more likely scenario that ties them together during that period?

I get that SK travelled many hundred miles in the days following Susan's disappearance, into the SLC and WVC area, and that he communicated with people who knew him during this time, and that he then drove back down to Henderson Nevada and disappeared.

I don't see how this is connected to Josh and his known movements and behaviour during that time.

Regarding weeds in the cement slab - I see weeds groing around the cement, overhanging and overshadowing the cement, but I can't see any weeds growing on or through the cement. Hopefully today LE will get the slab properly investigated and we'll have a clear answer on whether there's a body or anything else suspicious about the slab.

The only similarities in these two cases are, they were both LDS and from Utah. Other than that I do not see any connection. Steven's case has been in the shadows of the SP case from the start.

I have to agree it's very odd that two adults, a MALE and FEMALE, approximately the same age, disappeared around the same time. I find it a bit suspicious that Josh Powell rented the car around the time Steve disappeared.

Wouldn't it be astounding if we were to learn Josh Powell killed both Steve and Susan because he discovered they were having an online affair and had agreed to meet up?

Lifetime Network script version: Josh killed Susan so he could be with Steve, and Steve offed himself after he realized what happened and heard Josh was coming in the rental car to meet him.

Lifetime Network script version: Josh killed Susan so he could be with Steve, and Steve offed himself after he realized what happened and heard Josh was coming in the rental car to meet him.
:drac: Steve was wanting a no-strings arrangement and he walked away when he found out he'd be expected to ride his bicycle to work -and- drop off the boys at daycare.

do we know if LE uncovered the concrete yet?
also Mr. Cox went to the camp area to look around.
Is the concrete in or by the camp? TIA

I always wondered if that was brought up to cause speculation that they may have run off together.

(blue-bbm)
How do you think they're connected, Hollyblue?

Are Susan and Steven connected or are Josh and Steven connected? _ :confused:

I'm not sure....still diggin into a few things. But LE in either case are not talking (and you know they have MORE than what has come out)-- and now the Trib is suddenly quite. Plus now the much requested "Search for Susan" is hitting reverb.......when the wheel gets in motion? Sounds like they want things to sort of quietly, slowly get muted. ????

I want to think the connection would be between Susan and Steven and not Josh. God forbid if that tall talker/manipulator got a hold of Steven. Many people describe Steven as being "naive"....so I pray their paths did not cross under some "scheme" of Josh's or his father.

I will venture to say if there is a connection between SP & SK, then there are other people aware of it....and just not talking. Some of SP's friends think she is still alive....and have said so since the beginning; but no actual theory have we heard.....why?

Maybe some are offended of the thought that Susan 'may' have had an interest in someone else. But my heavens, look at what she had....I think I would have been atleast checking things out from a side glance....WHAT positive contribution did Josh bring to that 10 year get together, besides Charlie and Braden? She was in the process of getting things resolved...Can anyone truly judge this mother for wanting better for her children than a sperm donor?

OT-- I've never received an answer from one of her friends if the state cop in Id (in forensics) is a brother or relative of Pop Powell. Besides body bulk, the facial features are remarkably almost identical.

IMO - it's really a stretch to me to try and connect Steven Koetcher's case with Susan Powell. Perhaps Steven's family felt this was a way to keep his name in the public eye by commenting on the possible likelihood? I can understand that, but really, it's highly unlikely given the facts in both cases.

What facts make it unlikely?

The only similarities in these two cases are, they were both LDS and from Utah. Other than that I do not see any connection. Steven's case has been in the shadows of the SP case from the start.

I'll add they both had lived in WVC at one time, both disappeared within a week of each other, the one no longer living in WVC was back in the immediate area of SLC a few days after Susan's disappearance and tho he had talked to a person in Ruby Valley for a brief visit and luncheon, he did not tell anyone about the trip...even tho he spoke to relatives during that time and did not visit relatives or other friends in that time. No one knows 'why' he made that trip. Spending lots of money on gas...and lots of time....for someone sooooo broke they could not pay their rent for 3 mos. And no one has come forward to explain his income or other expenses in that time. Not much info coming forward. I watch and listen to all the input, but pay full attention to what LE has output.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back