Talk About August 11th,12th, and 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the show just before Nancy Grace they were talking about the supposed bag being pointed out on one side of the road when the meter reader called in Aug. However, it was found on the other side of the road on Dec 11th.
I thought that sounded kind of weird.

Maybe its not the same bag. Didn't they say the August bag was gray? And the December bag was black?

It cant be the same bag because you are saying he reported the bag as being on the side of the road- if you look at the crime scene pics, the bag with Caylee is in the woods under a bush BUT how did the meter reader know just where to go on dec 11th into the woods to find the bag- coincidental? something seems fishy to me- not accusing anyone of anything- but how can such a coincidence happen

I have questions too re the meter reader. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but here's my puzzlement: He called on 3 different days. What made him be so persistent? What was it about that particular bag that caused him to repeatedly call? Amid all the other trash (other garbage bags, tires, papers, etc.), he zeros in on one bag. He appears to have been sure THAT bag would yield something of significance. Why was he so sure???? Why didn't he do his own investigation? Why didn't he kick or pick up the bag back in August? I ask these questions not to cast suspicion on him or to suggest anything criminal on his part - I just think it's really spooky! This is either divine intervention or the biggest coincidence I've ever seen!!!!!

Another thing unrelated to the meter guy is if that area where Caylee was found is such a hot party/hideout spot, why didn't someone see and/or smell something? School was out for the summer when Caylee "went missing." Lots of kids around.

Also, what has become of the two boys and their find of the stick and string "marker" they found and mentioned back months ago? Was it marking a grave? Was it marking an area so that it could be found again? Who put it there? They say they dug and dug after finding it, but found nothing. OR did they?

I feel like running away from home to a deserted island where there are no computers, TV's, radios, smoke signals, Morse code, you get the idea..... :confused:

I have questions too re the meter reader. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but here's my puzzlement: He called on 3 different days. What made him be so persistent? What was it about that particular bag that caused him to repeatedly call? Amid all the other trash (other garbage bags, tires, papers, etc.), he zeros in on one bag. He appears to have been sure THAT bag would yield something of significance. Why was he so sure???? Why didn't he do his own investigation? Why didn't he kick or pick up the bag back in August? I ask these questions not to cast suspicion on him or to suggest anything criminal on his part - I just think it's really spooky! This is either divine intervention or the biggest coincidence I've ever seen!!!!!

Another thing unrelated to the meter guy is if that area where Caylee was found is such a hot party/hideout spot, why didn't someone see and/or smell something? School was out for the summer when Caylee "went missing." Lots of kids around.

Also, what has become of the two boys and their find of the stick and string "marker" they found and mentioned back months ago? Was it marking a grave? Was it marking an area so that it could be found again? Who put it there? They say they dug and dug after finding it, but found nothing. OR did they?

I feel like running away from home to a deserted island where there are no computers, TV's, radios, smoke signals, Morse code, you get the idea..... :confused:

All of this sounds like it was scripted. There is something about the meter reader that doesn't sit well with me.

I agree that the whole thing seems a little strange. I heard during the ID presser today that one of those August calls involving the meter reader came through the "Crimeline." I assume that's the same crimline listing a lot of the tips released in a document dump...in September..(oh heck, gimma a sec I'll go get a link to those for ya and ETA).
Anyone care to help me sift through these docs to try and find the meter readers tips? I've already gone through the first four sets...about 400 pages in all.

ETA.... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71772&page=3

you're looking for post #60....there are about 1800 pages in all!!!
I'm pretty sure its not there anyway. They were almost all psychic tips, which is why JB had been upset that the real tips hadnt been released to the public at the same time.

Dont really know about anything else, but the rope find on suburban, was supposedly 'just' a bomb. the boys finally made their media appearance recently.

Seems like the MR wanted the body found. It is a tad curious for sure.

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Much of this thread is based on rumor and speculation.
Fact: MR was working in the area at the houses along the woods and smelled a foul odor (as did an occupant of one of the houses). Both called it in. Why not? It was no secret there was a girl missing from a house along those woods and she was presumed dead by LE. He was working and no one told him to stay in the area and nothing came of it. He called back to follow up. That's not strange at all either. No one followed up on it.
Fact: The MR was working in the area again and saw a bag he thought was suspicious--we don't know why he thought it was suspicious. Again, he called it in. Put together with the foul odor he smelled in the same area and again the fact that Caylee lived along those woods and was presumed dead--there's nothing suspicious about him calling it in. Remember, there was a tip line and everyone was asking the local citizens to call in tips.
There wasn't tons of other garbage in the area. Where are you getting that from? The pictures where the bag was found don't show any other garbage bags or trash bags anywhere near where the bag were found. Nor did he say he saw a bag on the side of the road. If he had the deputy who responded would not have walked into the woods to locate the bag. No one responded to the first two calls so we don't know what was there and what wasn't there. Plus, we have absolutely no evidence that cadaver dogs had cleared or been anywhere near where the bag was found.
Fact: The MR knew what he smelled and saw. He was relocated to work in another area. Four months later he was reassigned to the area where he smelled the odor and saw the bag. Nothing had come of it before so he decided to look himself. There's absolutely nothing suspicious about any of it. It all makes perfect sense. And the bottom line is, if LE had done their jobs correctly Caylee would have been discovered on the first call and it would have been over.

I thought we should make a thread to gather any info about this time period. Tips, what the Anthony's were doing and state of mind, weather, media, etc.

August 11
Tip Involving Smell Leads Nowhere In Caylee Anthony Search
http://www.wftv.com/news/17161366/detail.html
Casey Anthony's Parents Meet Again With Detectives At Sheriff's Office
http://www.wftv.com/news/17142154/detail.html

2nd Search In 2 Days Called Off

For the second time in two days, Orange County sheriff's deputies and K-9 units performed a search for Caylee Anthony.
Orange County sheriff's deputies on Tuesday requested the assistance of Osceola County's K-9 unit and searched a wooded area near the home of Caylee's grandparents.
The search was called off and nothing was believed to have been found, Local 6 News reported.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17169920/detail.html

Focusing on facts, anyone else find anything about searches being called off two days in a row???? Read link to article above.

Just thought I would add weather information since it seems to have played such a big role in the area not being searched thoroughly.

orlandorainfallaug.png

orlandorainfall2.png

The following report was from august 18thRe: tropical storm Fay:
"This line puts it almost on top of Orange County during the next 24 hours with Tropical Storm-force winds," Local 6 meteorologist Tom Sorrells said. "Miami is going to get a good drenching as the day continues today. (They) think this thing is going to wobble out and hook right back toward Central Florida."
http://www.clickorlando.com/weather/17221545/detail.html

I thought we should make a thread to gather any info about this time period. Tips, what the Anthony's were doing and state of mind, weather, media, etc.

August 11
Tip Involving Smell Leads Nowhere In Caylee Anthony Search
http://www.wftv.com/news/17161366/detail.html
Casey Anthony's Parents Meet Again With Detectives At Sheriff's Office
http://www.wftv.com/news/17142154/detail.html

2nd Search In 2 Days Called Off

For the second time in two days, Orange County sheriff's deputies and K-9 units performed a search for Caylee Anthony.
Orange County sheriff's deputies on Tuesday requested the assistance of Osceola County's K-9 unit and searched a wooded area near the home of Caylee's grandparents.
The search was called off and nothing was believed to have been found, Local 6 News reported.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17169920/detail.html

Odd that there where 2 tips on the same day, but the distance is just too far from where the actual remains were found for them to be connected. Wonder who called in the lee vista tip?

With the 3rd link, how vague is that report? Search called off, but they dont say why. So it shows that the canines were in the wooded area on the 12th, as we have already heard, but doesnt say how long, or specifically where they searched.
It does seem odd to call off two searches when there was no rain on those days. I'm gonna keep digging because it just doesnt add up to me.
ETA: I just noticed that there was 0.2mm(?) rain on the 8th and 0.31 on the 9th. Would this make the area still damp 2-3 days later? Maybe it was too muddy? Just doesnt seems like a good enough reason though, imo.

..(some of) MY QUESTIONS

How much decom smell would there be (ouside) after 2 months ??

The first bag is reported to be 'grey'.

The last call (12-11) clearly goes thru a 'dispatcher' who states the call is being recorded even before he connects it to OCSO........were any of the Aug. calls also placed thru dispatch & also recorded ??

If the MR "saw" the bag, wonder why LE didn't see it the 2 times they responded ??

How many 'other' trash bags has LE found (in this spot) in the last 8 days ??

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Much of this thread is based on rumor and speculation.
Fact: MR was working in the area at the houses along the woods and smelled a foul odor (as did an occupant of one of the houses). Both called it in. Why not? It was no secret there was a girl missing from a house along those woods and she was presumed dead by LE. He was working and no one told him to stay in the area and nothing came of it. He called back to follow up. That's not strange at all either. No one followed up on it.
Fact: The MR was working in the area again and saw a bag he thought was suspicious--we don't know why he thought it was suspicious. Again, he called it in. Put together with the foul odor he smelled in the same area and again the fact that Caylee lived along those woods and was presumed dead--there's nothing suspicious about him calling it in. Remember, there was a tip line and everyone was asking the local citizens to call in tips.
There wasn't tons of other garbage in the area. Where are you getting that from? The pictures where the bag was found don't show any other garbage bags or trash bags anywhere near where the bag were found. Nor did he say he saw a bag on the side of the road. If he had the deputy who responded would not have walked into the woods to locate the bag. No one responded to the first two calls so we don't know what was there and what wasn't there. Plus, we have absolutely no evidence that cadaver dogs had cleared or been anywhere near where the bag was found.
Fact: The MR knew what he smelled and saw. He was relocated to work in another area. Four months later he was reassigned to the area where he smelled the odor and saw the bag. Nothing had come of it before so he decided to look himself. There's absolutely nothing suspicious about any of it. It all makes perfect sense. And the bottom line is, if LE had done their jobs correctly Caylee would have been discovered on the first call and it would have been over.

Thank you for clearing this up a bit. I think the meter reader was just a concerned citizen and LE blew him off basically. They had to show up at the scene because he was so persistant,but didn't really take the the time to investigate.

Does the MR - the concerned citizen maybe think there is a reward. He most likely could not have collected a reward as a county employee....

Just scratching my head and wondering.:waitasec:

Does the MR - the concerned citizen maybe think there is a reward. He most likely could not have collected a reward as a county employee....

Just scratching my head and wondering.:waitasec:

I don't think the meter reader's intentions had anything to do with a reward. I think he was very concerned about what he had seen all the while knowing Caylee was still missing.

imo

Maybe the meter reader is a psychic and doesn't want to say that. Not all psychics like to advertise it, some even think it's a curse rather than a blessing. Maybe he has vivid dreams and they wouldn't go away...who knows. IMO, if he was involved then why keep going back and making a scene about finding this bag? If someone is involved wouldn't you think they'd go as far from it as possible and after it not being found for 5 months, just let it be?

Wow a psychic meter reader. Imagine the possibilities. He would never have to read the meters. Just sit at home and think about each meter.
What I really think is that we do not know the complete story surrounding his tips and the cops reaction.
There are people who are compelled to include themselves into current crimes in an area where they live. They like the attention and go to all means to be involved in solving a crime.
He probably was a Websleuther at one time, went over the edge and took it to another level. LOL.

I don't think the meter reader's intentions had anything to do with a reward. I think he was very concerned about what he had seen all the while knowing Caylee was still missing.

imo

Hope you are right. I wish he hadn't 'stumbled' into this story the way he did, but if Casey's fingerprints are on the tape or inside the bag..... it is moot.

Wow a psychic meter reader. Imagine the possibilities. He would never have to read the meters. Just sit at home and think about each meter.
What I really think is that we do not know the complete story surrounding his tips and the cops reaction.
There are people who are compelled to include themselves into current crimes in an area where they live. They like the attention and go to all means to be involved in solving a crime.
He probably was a Websleuther at one time, went over the edge and took it to another level. LOL.

Thats funny!!!:crazy:

It bothers me that he was a serial tipster and other things, but maybe it is nothing. Hope it is nothing.:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner