Ted Bundy - Serial Killer - 1974-1978

Did you provide Ted bundys name and the vehicle match. He had a 1968 beige Volkswagen.

Anne’s case has been treated as a homicide investigation since 1972 and police police searched the Los Angeles river for Anne’s body. Sherry’s case was treated as a runaway case back then due to her age.

Anyway sherry and Anne both have their own threads. Anne’s thread was created in August of this year and Sherry’s was created years ago but that may have been her older thread.

Sherry matches bundys victim description. She was a young white female with brown hair parted in the middle and she vanished a year before bundy started killing as he is suspected in the 1973 Disappearances of Vicki Lynn hollar, Rita Lorraine jolly, and Suzanne Rae Justis. He is also a possible suspect in the 1971 murder of a woman in Vermont and may have been involved in Lynne Kathryn Schulzes disappearance.

What was the deal with the parted-in-the-middle brunette hair and Ted Bundy? I admit, I know so very little about this murderous *advertiser censored* and really, what I do know is almost too much for me. But what was it with the hair?

What caused him to have that particular kink?

upload_2018-10-2_21-27-55.jpegupload_2018-10-2_21-31-3.jpeg
upload_2018-10-2_21-29-9.jpegupload_2018-10-2_21-29-48.jpegupload_2018-10-2_21-30-13.jpegupload_2018-10-2_21-30-32.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-2_21-28-31.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-2_21-28-31.jpeg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1
Anyway bundy was a monster who had a weird choice of victim type and was likely the monster who took and murdered all of these poor women.

What was the deal with the parted-in-the-middle brunette hair and Ted Bundy? I admit, I know so very little about this murderous *advertiser censored* and really, what I do know is almost too much for me. But what was it with the hair?

They weren't all brunette or all parted in the middle. Thing is, long hair parted in the middle was the style back then and many, many girls wore their hair like that.

Attachments

• Bundy victims.JPG
    Bundy victims.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 13

I read some time ago that a lot of his victims were reported to have resembled an ex-girlfriend who had dumped him. After that, he supposedly changed his life/career/social standing quite a bit and then went out of his way to get back together with her...so that he could dump her.

(This wasn't the same woman with whom he was in a relationship when a lot of the murders were taking place, but another woman from earlier in his life.)

I read some time ago that a lot of his victims were reported to have resembled an ex-girlfriend who had dumped him. After that, he supposedly changed his life/career/social standing quite a bit and then went out of his way to get back together with her...so that he could dump her.

(This wasn't the same woman with whom he was in a relationship when a lot of the murders were taking place, but another woman from earlier in his life.)

Yes, I've seen that, too. I think the first place I read that was in The Stranger Beside Me (Ann Rule) way back when it first came out. I sort of put that theory into the same category with whether or not he killed Ann Marie Burr. Possible? Sure. But I'm not totally convinced.

If, as some believe, Susan Davis and Elizabeth Perry were his first victims in May 1969 (the year after Stephanie Brooks first broke up with him) - well, they were both blonde

The only die hard type is that the victims were all white females between 14 and 26 except when he broke the mold and killed Kimberly Leach who, at 12, wasn't even a teen yet.

So much of what we "know" about Bundy is so anecdotal, it's sometimes hard to separate truth from theory. Even Bundy opined that he should be studied but that, like his 11th hour confessions, may have been just another ploy to escape execution.

Attachments

• Bundy victims Philly Inquirer 7-26-09.JPG
    Bundy victims Philly Inquirer 7-26-09.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 9
Trailer released for Netflix Ted Bundy docuseries with over 100 hours of never before heard audio | Daily Mail Online

Netflix has released the first trailer for its brand new docuseries, Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes.
upload_2019-1-15_11-25-36.jpeg
The series is based off of a book by the same name, written by Stephen G. Michaud and Hugh Aynesworth, who interviewed the notoriously handsome and charismatic murderer who is believed to have killed dozens of women.

Over 100 hours of never before heard audio from those sessions from death row will be incorporated into the series, giving true crime enthusiasts unbelievable access to the inner workings of Bundy's mind.

'I mean, I'm not an animal and I’m not crazy and I don't have a split personality,' Bundy can be heard saying in the trailer for the show. 'I’m just a normal individual.'

Bundy was eventually convicted of killing a pre-teen girl, and two sorority members in Florida, after the second time he had escaped from custody on other murder charges.

Season one of the series drops on January 24, which is the 30th anniversary of Bundy's execution.

Serial killer Ted Bundy discusses his foot fetish and insists he isn't a psychopath in new series | Daily Mail Online

Late serial killer Ted Bundy's foot fetish is just one of the surprising revelations the murderer made during interviews which will be heard for the first time in an upcoming docuseries.

The Netflix series, Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes, includes audio from some 100 hours of unheard audio from interviews with Bundy prior to his 1989 execution in Florida.

[...]

At one point, Bundy explains that his dream was to purchase unlimited pairs of socks and underwear, and that he would use stolen credit cards to purchase 'three or four dozen' pairs of socks at a time.

'I have always felt deprived of underwear. This is for real. I mean, I've got a sock fetish; I am really sick when it comes to socks,' Bundy said in the interviews.

He continued: 'Those are some of the things for people who really want to know what makes Ted Bundy tick. I'm very close to my feet. They're probably the most attractive feet you've ever seen. Socks are such a serious part of my life.'

[...]

Woman abducted by Ted Bundy recalls chilling abduction ordeal | Daily Mail Online

A woman who survived an abduction by Ted Bundy when she was a teenager has spoken of the chilling moment she realized he was going to kill her.

Carol DaRonch was just 18 when she was approached by the notorious serial killer in a Utah parking lot in 1974.
upload_2019-1-24_1-49-15.jpegupload_2019-1-24_1-49-0.jpeg
DaRonch had been shopping at a mall when Bundy, dressed in police uniform, told her that there was an attempted theft of her car and she needed to file a police report.

She reluctantly followed him to his Volkswagen and got inside where he quickly handcuffed her and tried to strike her with a crowbar.

However, DaRonch fought back and jumped out of the car to safety. Her story and others are recounted in Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy tapes, a four-part docuseries premiering on Netflix on Thursday.

In an new clip, she recalls the moment she knew she was in danger in Bundy's car.

'He headed down a side street and then he suddenly pulled over up on the side of a curb up by an elementary school and that’s when I just started freaking out: ‘What are we doing?’

'And he grabbed my arm and he got one handcuff on one wrist and he didn’t get the other one on and the one was just dangling. I had never been so frightened in my entire life.

DaRonch, without knowing who had targeted her, described her fear as she realized she may die.

She says in the clip: 'I thought, my god my parents are never going to know what happened to me.

'My whole life went before my eyes. The next thing I knew he had pulled out a gun and said "I'll blow your head off."

[...]

Woman abducted by Ted Bundy recalls chilling abduction ordeal | Daily Mail Online

A woman who survived an abduction by Ted Bundy when she was a teenager has spoken of the chilling moment she realized he was going to kill her.

Carol DaRonch was just 18 when she was approached by the notorious serial killer in a Utah parking lot in 1974.
View attachment 165553View attachment 165552
DaRonch had been shopping at a mall when Bundy, dressed in police uniform, told her that there was an attempted theft of her car and she needed to file a police report.

She reluctantly followed him to his Volkswagen and got inside where he quickly handcuffed her and tried to strike her with a crowbar.

However, DaRonch fought back and jumped out of the car to safety. Her story and others are recounted in Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy tapes, a four-part docuseries premiering on Netflix on Thursday.

In an new clip, she recalls the moment she knew she was in danger in Bundy's car.

'He headed down a side street and then he suddenly pulled over up on the side of a curb up by an elementary school and that’s when I just started freaking out: ‘What are we doing?’

'And he grabbed my arm and he got one handcuff on one wrist and he didn’t get the other one on and the one was just dangling. I had never been so frightened in my entire life.

DaRonch, without knowing who had targeted her, described her fear as she realized she may die.

She says in the clip: 'I thought, my god my parents are never going to know what happened to me.

'My whole life went before my eyes. The next thing I knew he had pulled out a gun and said "I'll blow your head off."

[...]
He was a horrible man. He terrorized America for a long time!

Bundy was too intelligent to keep incarcerated, I am sure he would have attempted to escape from prison if he had not been given the death penalty.

I was impressed by his work on the Green River serial killer. I wonder if Bundy could have solved more crimes...

I often wondered if I met Bundy, I lived in SLC at the same time he went to the University of Utah...1974, 1975...people hitchhiked all the time to go skiing up Big Cottonwood Canyon. From the U, or mouth of the canyon.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if Ted Bundy visited Daytona Beach, Florida, in November of 1972? My sister, then 13, was almost kidnapped off a beach there by a dark-haired stranger, around 25. My mom and I drove up (Daytona remember) and intercepted him as he was bringing my sister to his car.

Does anybody know if Ted Bundy visited Daytona Beach, Florida, in November of 1972? My sister, then 13, was almost kidnapped off a beach there by a dark-haired stranger, around 25. My mom and I drove up (Daytona remember) and intercepted him as he was bringing my sister to his car.
No way to know for certain, but it seems he was on the west coast during the early to mid 1970's.
Ted Bundy - Wikipedia

In mid-1970, Bundy was now focused and goal oriented, and he re-enrolled at UW, this time as a psychology major. He became an honor student and was well regarded by his professors.[45] In 1971, he took a job at Seattle's Suicide Hotline Crisis Center, where he met and worked alongside Ann Rule. [...]

After graduating from UW in 1972. . .

In early 1973, Bundy was accepted into the law schools of UPS and the University of Utah despite mediocre Law School Admission Test scores. He got in on the strength of letters of recommendation from Evans, Davis, and several UW psychology professors.[52][53]

During a trip to California on Republican Party business in the summer of 1973, . . .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back