Terri Has Moved -- What is Next in the Pressure Cooker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MCSO needs a new pressure cooker, as the one they have clearly isn't working.

Oooohhh...I don't know about that. I think it largely depends on her ties to the community. I live in a tiny town. Long story short, the doctor here in town (the only one for years and years) had his license yanked for drinking. He went on to treatment and regained his license. The community welcomed him back with open arms (even in the local paper!) after presumably putting most of the community at risk while he was actively drinking and practicing.

Many there might very well believe she is the target of a "witch hunt," etc. and will never stop supporting her and her family.

This is what I was thinking last night surfie. Thanks for posting.

I thought about this last night, turning it over in my head. I'm not sure she will have much of a problem finding a job, or even a place to live if she chooses not to live with her parents after a while.

I thought this because: Even if she isn't well known in that community, it's a smallish community, her parents may be known by more than a few people. Even though I would probably not associate with someone that has been accused as she has I would imagine those that have respect or have befriended her parents will do just that.

Then we also have those that have a religion/belief system whereby they do not believe in judging the actions of others, especially when it hasn't been proven that the person did a bad act.

Then we also have those that apply our "presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" to their everyday life and interactions with others.

Of course I think she will struggle at first, but really I am not sure she will struggle anymore than a woman of the same circumstances who isn't the last known person to see a child that has gone missing.

Just some thoughts. JMHO.

Oh yeah baby. They are looking for EVIDENCE! They will go through that place with a fine tooth comb. (The REAL guys, not Henry Lee or Michael Baden), now we see what her lawyer is made of.

imo
:waitasec:The house has already been searched several times by law enforcement.

I thought about this last night, turning it over in my head. I'm not sure she will have much of a problem finding a job, or even a place to live if she chooses not to live with her parents after a while.

I thought this because: Even if she isn't well known in that community, it's a smallish community, her parents may be known by more than a few people. Even though I would probably not associate with someone that has been accused as she has I would imagine those that have respect or have befriended her parents will do just that.

Then we also have those that have a religion/belief system whereby they do not believe in judging the actions of others, especially when it hasn't been proven that the person did a bad act.

Then we also have those that apply our "presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" to their everyday life and interactions with others.

Of course I think she will struggle at first, but really I am not sure she will struggle anymore than a woman of the same circumstances who isn't the last known person to see a child that has gone missing.

I think people say a lot of things, but when it comes down to their own self interest and protection of family and income (as in business), they will choose to protect themselves.

what would you do if Terri moved back to your town and she tried to establish a relationship with you?

Welcome her as I would welcome anyone who tried to establish a relationship with me. Hospitality does not depend on the host being gullible, so I would exercise the same amount of caution that I would with any stranger who tried to start a relationship with me.

What if you had children? Would you have her come over to your house?

Yes because, at the very least, I would have already spent time teaching my hypothetical children to think independently and not just go along with conclusions thrown at them by others. Children learn as much or more by watching how their parents act as they do from what their parents tell them.

I think there are people that are going to be in some uncomfortable situations in Roseburg now.

I know that I would hate to cross her. Although he issues seem to be with family.

I don't know if slights that may be imagined by her would be something that would enrage her or not.

Me, I try to get along with other people and not slight them. It's what I was raised to view as common courtesy.

There have been absolutely zero reports of road rage, disagreements with other parents at the school, etc. That leads me to believe that in normal life, she is civilised.

I think life inRoseburg is going to be He** for her especially since it's a small town.

I sincerely hope you are wrong but sadly suspect you are correct.

I think MCSO needs a new pressure cooker, as the one they have clearly isn't working.

Terri Has Moved -- What is Next in the Pressure Cooker?

I don't see Terri reacting to all the pressure if that has been LEs intentions and I don't see that changing.

Imo, she will feel more relaxed now that she is on the farm with her mom and dad. At least she will be able to get out and walk the acres instead of being hemmed up on a one acre plot with the media lining the road.

I imagine that the gates to the farm will remain closed except to family and friends and they will not be speaking to the media.

IMO

Good old HLN (Healine News) right on top of things as always...top of the hour news had "Terri's Moving Day"...today is the day Terri Horman must move out of her home...:)

I agree with all the above, definitely.

I have noticed that there are generally two types of small towns. The successful ones where people actually enjoy living there tend to be fairly tolerant of the eccentricities of the individual.

The unsuccessful ones are the ones that are intolerant, where people are rigid and close the gates against anyone who goes against what they believe. Inexorably, over time, such towns lose population because they become increasingly less tolerant and anyone with a smidgeon of difference moves away.

I think it depends on how much media presence there is around her. If the media, particularly the national media, follow her every footstep constantly, she will have problems finding a job because what business wants to be full of media people hanging around and not buying much?

As soon as the media stop actively following her around, she will then likely be able to find a job.

And if the media are perceived as obnoxious by the people of Roseberg, that may well be a significant mark in her favour amongst them.

He was living with Terri's parents for a few months, but recently switched to live with his biological father . . . who is not his legal father. His legal father is Terri's ex-husband, who adopted him during their marriage and is still paying child support (presumably to Terri) for him.

I'll bet Terri's ex #2 has something in the works for that $500 he is supposed to pay her for support. Maybe he is having it switched to the bio father, since law dictates (I assume) that he's liable for it to be paid to someone but since Terri isn't supporting her son, then maybe he's paying it to her first ex husband.

Welcome her as I would welcome anyone who tried to establish a relationship with me. Hospitality does not depend on the host being gullible, so I would exercise the same amount of caution that I would with any stranger who tried to start a relationship with me.

Yes because, at the very least, I would have already spent time teaching my hypothetical children to think independently and not just go along with conclusions thrown at them by others. Children learn as much or more by watching how their parents act as they do from what their parents tell them.

Me, I try to get along with other people and not slight them. It's what I was raised to view as common courtesy.

There have been absolutely zero reports of road rage, disagreements with other parents at the school, etc. That leads me to believe that in normal life, she is civilised.

I sincerely hope you are wrong but sadly suspect you are correct.

I will be courteous to people, but if they are a scammer, a liar and a cheat, I am not going to enable them in their lives.

Some people operate that way.

I feel children don't have the cognitive ability to know a lot of things. Even adults. That's why we see perfectly functioning adults go off with a murderer. I feel it's my duty as a parent to protect children as much as possible from people who do not have their or anyone's best interests at heart.

I would not be willing to take the chance.

This is starting to look like a witch hunt. She called the police when they tried that sting.

He could have been taken by a stranger.

I saw a very biased report on tv in which this reporter was just mouthing off "why won't she talk to us?" Duh, she has a lawyer, which everyone is entitled to.

I would hate for my loved one to be treated like this with no evidence. She is NOT even a person of interest. She should be able to have contact with her own child.

We don't know what kind of evidence LE has. She has a right to fight to see her child. So far she has chosen not to.

I'll bet Terri's ex #2 has something in the works for that $500 he is supposed to pay her for support. Maybe he is having it switched to the bio father, since law dictates (I assume) that he's liable for it to be paid to someone but since Terri isn't supporting her son, then maybe he's paying it to her first ex husband.

Actually thats a point. So she has two children that dont live with her and doesnt pay support for either child?

We don't know what kind of evidence LE has. She has a right to fight to see her child. So far she has chosen not to.

If I was getting death threats I would never want to endanger my child by placing her with me.

IMO

I will be courteous to people, but if they are a scammer, a liar and a cheat, I am not going to enable them in their lives.

Some people operate that way.

I feel children don't have the cognitive ability to know a lot of things. Even adults. That's why we see perfectly functioning adults go off with a murderer. I feel it's my duty as a parent to protect children as much as possible from people who do not have their or anyone's best interests at heart.

I would not be willing to take the chance.

At one point in my life, I had a job in a social services type organisation.

In the course of my job there, I met and worked with a client who was clearly delusional (heard and saw things I couldn't see and we often had three way conversations that included someone I could not hear). It is a long and complicated story but I was convinced that this man was going to hurt someone, either himself or someone else, if he didn't get the help he was literally begging for. He was right upfront about saying it was a good possibility and that is why he wanted help.

Although it was my job, I did have plenty of options to avoid contact with him. I gave him rides in my car as part of my job, which I could have avoided (we could voucher taxi rides if we were uncomfortable). Although people warned me about him and I admit I did have a few nervous thoughts myself, I examined the data available to me rationally and I continued to work with him. That included telephone calls, being in a closed office with him and giving him rides.

I was not enabling him. I was trying to get him the help he was begging for. He approached at least six psychiatric units and over a dozen LE agencies that I know of, trying to get admitted either to a psych unit or held in jail. I figured anyone so desperate for help that they were begging to be put in jail really needed any help he could get.

I was not at all surprised when he eventually did kill someone. He was a powder keg waiting to go off and the person he shot was not innocent in lighting the fuse.

If I could go back and do it all over again, the only thing I would do differently would have been to give him money out of my own wallet so that he could have avoided sleeping rough. I wonder if the increased vulnerability didn't push him that much closer to the edge. At the time, I thought about it but I thought I was too poor to do so (and I was supporting my then-husband through school).

I honestly wish now I had been less selfish.

Showing some ordinary hospitality to someone who has no known past history of violent behaviour? Not a difficult decision for me.

Some interesting comments from KATU reporter Anita Kissée on the Kyron Horman Open Discussion FB page. She thinks Terri is not moving in with her parents. She moved to Roseburg but not in with her folks. A KVAL story today says she is in Roseburg but just says she is in Roseburg, where her parents live. If she is trying to keep a low profile the mustang is going to give her away, the KVAL story says a KATU reporter saw her driving on I5 this morning.

SBM

HMMMMM! I smell a ploy. This quote from the KVAL story suggests that she didn't leave town with the Mustang:

Terri's red Mustang was still on the property as of Saturday afternoon.
[/QUOTE]

Easy enough to rent a car and leave. Easy enough to give someone permission to take the Mustang for a spin, say, up I-5. I bet that car is fun to drive and if she gave someone permission to enjoy a drive in it, well, that's certainly not illegal.

Easy enough to rent a car and leave. Easy enough to give someone permission to take the Mustang for a spin, say, up I-5. I bet that car is fun to drive and if she gave someone permission to enjoy a drive in it, well, that's certainly not illegal.

I guess it is also possible leaving it was part of the deal. Kaine probably did not want to continue making payments on it and insuring it if it is down in Roseburg--heck, the insurance probably won't cover it anymore since they are divorcing and in separate households, and if the title is in his name only, she couldn't get her own policy for it.

She may well have left it behind and will have to get her own wheels.

I guess it is also possible leaving it was part of the deal. Kaine probably did not want to continue making payments on it and insuring it if it is down in Roseburg--heck, the insurance probably won't cover it anymore since they are divorcing and in separate households, and if the title is in his name only, she couldn't get her own policy for it.

I just saw a vid and read a link from today. In the vid, she's pulling out of her parents' garage in a silverish Toyota, I think. There's a man in the car with her -- looked like her dad to me. The other says the Mustang is still in portland and was not left as part of the moving arrangement. I'll try to find both again...dang it!

eta:
Mustang still in Portland. Not part of deal

http://www.kval.com/news/98674464.html?

video of car she was driving today at her parents' house
http://www.katu.com/home/video/98675794.html

According to a source, the Mustang is not part of the eviction agreement that she and Kaine worked out Friday afternoon through their attorneys, so she could take it.http://www.kval.com/news/local/98674464.html

Maybe she took a truck to Roseburg with her belongings and is planning on having someone pick up the Mustang for her?

Terri Has Moved -- What is Next in the Pressure Cooker?

BBM

I don't see Terri reacting to all the pressure if that has been LEs intentions and I don't see that changing.

Imo, she will feel more relaxed now that she is on the farm with her mom and dad. At least she will be able to get out and walk the acres instead of being hemmed up on a one acre plot with the media lining the road.

I imagine that the gates to the farm will remain closed except to family and friends and they will not be speaking to the media.

IMO

Wait, what? Where did you read that TH's family lives on a farm? I saw footage in a news report that they appeared to live in town. Roseburg is a city of 20,000 people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseburg,_Oregon

Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members