Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Still Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting- in the Mythbuster Twitter shown above, most military
and reporters do not expect any announcements of the rescue
until all the boys are out and there is no way anyone can see any
of the boys being brought out.
The officials truly are preparing for the worst scenario.
Hope we get some good leaks of information before then.

I think that the deterioration in oxygen levels has pushed this into the dire category. I can't imagine the agony the parents must be enduring. The world can use some good news.

I lit a candle next to a small ceramic elephant that a friend gave to me after her trip to India recently. Shortly after receiving this gift, a couple of good things came my way. Coincidence, probably, but it’s all I can do from thousands of miles away. My elephants name is Ella and yes I talk to her sometimes. :rolleyes:

Praying for the rescue if it is happening. I’ve followed this since the beginning and praying for a positive outcome. I’m thinking we may hear nothing until it’s over.
I'm hoping we will hear with each boy and the coach coming out alive until it's finished. They all deserve cheers from around the world. Then to honor the rescuers at the end. What brave compassionate good people!
The coach deserves a medal. He kept those boys alive and sane for 9 days until they were found. And he is only 25 years old! If he were my son I would be beaming with pride! All these boys are brave young men and wrote their families to calm them instead of telling them how afraid they are, what they have been thru, etc. I'm so doggone proud of them!

Last edited:
I have a question for bluedivergirl if she is still on.

In the ABC live feed there are a few odd items poking through the green vinyl(?) curtain. It's slightly left of centre as you look at the screen. Are those the butt-ends of diving tanks? They seem a bit wide in diameter, so maybe it's something else. I have been keeping count on them, no more or no fewer in the past couple of hours.

Just wondering.

I have a question for bluedivergirl if she is still on.

In the ABC live feed there are a few odd items poking through the green vinyl(?) curtain. It's slightly left of centre as you look at the screen. Are those the butt-ends of diving tanks? They seem a bit wide in diameter, so maybe it's something else. I have been keeping count on them, no more or no fewer in the past couple of hours.

Just wondering.

Your post made me look at the live video again and I could not figure out what you were seeing. This made me check the gear icon at the bottom to check the quality of the video which I changed to 4000kbps. What a difference, lol. It was so blurry before.

Thanks SillyBilly !

I see @eucalyptuz got to it first and we were posting at the same time.

Not a lot of time to post here but just want to say ... my prayers join with all of you for the safety and survival of these children, their coach, and all the rescuers and helpers from around the world. I don't always talk to The Big Guy but am certainly asking for 13 miracles here.

Jax, if you're in Fl., just add 12 hours ahead to your time.

Thanks all for teaching us how to know the time there. Should be about 12:35 A.M. in Thailand early Sunday morning hours.

I now think the rescue is under way too because I didnt realize it was early Sunday morning there in Thailand.

Current Local Time in Thailand

I have been to the most incredible cenote near Tulum, and it's indescribable beauty will stay with me forever. A great place to send up prayers indeed. And yes, it can't hurt...at all.

wow...my daughter went into a cenote, just outside of Tulum, last May. And while inside, she prayed for a miracle, for her best friend, who was having a medical crisis. When my daughter returned from her trip, her best friend had just received great news from her doctors, and she was in total remission.

I also believe the rescue dives are underway.
Little, subtle things happening lead to me to believe that.
I believe the new green tarp hiding the entrance is because
they may need an area close to where ambulances will pick up
patients but that they need a spot to semi-stabilize them before
putting in ambulance. It may not be a pleasant thing to see.
Wonder how far their nearest trauma hospital is and what is the
expertise there? they need some top notch, competent medical
people to take over treating the boys when they come out. The
boys, imo, opinion will be in very precarious condition.
I also hope they have top notch EMT's on ambulance and at entrance with proper up to date equiment to treat boys.
even if boys make it out alive, their follow up is critical.

I think the plan was to helicopter them straight to hospital once they exit.

Has anyone got a good recollection of the system from the fork to the entrance? If that part is mostly dry/wading then I'm hoping the boys can be transferred onto stretchers at that point and carried out by the less-expert divers (the ones with less cave-specific training). I suppose they could also do a fireman's lift to get them out through walking/wading areas?

Not being medically trained, I'd also think that as soon as the boys reach the drier parts near the exit that they might want to get medics in there to give them a check and put in a drip, and walk out with them to the air ambulance?

I hate that I could be replying to earlier posts that might, by now, be completely outdated/irrelevant, but I have an internal need to catch up 'as it happened' rather than zooming to the most current part of the thread.

Your post made me look at the live video again and I could not figure out what you were seeing. This made me check the gear icon at the bottom to check the quality of the video which I changed to 4000kbps. What a difference, lol. It was so blurry before.

I guess my phone's video resolution isn't as crappy as I thought. ;)

Do you see those round grey things? What are they?

Gods bless this wonderful technology we have these days!

Its' wine time here in Oz. Here's a virtual glass of Chardonnay! (I'll be switching to tea shortly. LOL)

3am is wine time? Lol ;) I suppose any time is a good time for wine.

I am so glad they've put the shield over the entrance and bringing in stronger security. The last thing these boys need is to be startled by a huge media frenzy as soon as they exit the cave. There will be a time for that later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann