Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow "Websleuths Wild Boar Booster Club" members ;) ! I am checking in for my usual afternoon/evening shift. It's currently coming up on 3pm AEST, which means it'll be noon in Thailand.

Got caught up on all the posts and see that it is business as usual: lots of positivity, lots of hoping the rain will bugger off, and the usual conflicting stories form the media. Whatever would we do if we got the facts just straight up? I think we'd all faint. :D

Anyway, hugs to all of you, and hugs to our Wild Boars, their loved ones, and to all the rescuers. (Even Elon Musk, although I don't think they should use the mini-submarine. Why mess with a system that has worked well thus far? Have it on stand-by, sure. Funny how my tune has changed when before the first four boys were rescued I was so terrified of the dive plan.)

Also, all the discussion that the coach will be coming out last and may be left alone in the cave: IMO? No way. He will not be left alone. No way. So don't worry about that. He'll at least have a tandem team of divers with him. They probably have as many as four to five divers/doctor in the cave at a time, so no one will be left alone.

Anyway, here we all are again! So glad I get to see this through with all of you lovely people. :)

<modsnip>
Tessa Wong on Twitter
Also Thai gov is saying Elon Musk’s equipment “doesn’t fit with our mission” - so that kid-sized submarine won’t be deployed for today’s rescue of the remaining boys and coach (h/t @8td for translation). #ThamLuang #ThaiCaveRescue

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Final mission underway
Thai authorities have confirmed today’s rescue mission began at 10.08 this morning (local time), with 19 divers going in.

Despite the heavy rain overnight, conditions in the cave haven’t changed much.

Michael Safi reports there was applause in the room as the rescue chief announced the four boys and their coach will be brought out in the one mission.

More to come.
Michael Safi

Thank you WichitaFalls,

This message is beautiful music to my heart and soul.

Praying for every single person to return from the cave safe and sound.

May all be well

Namaste,

Just another confirmation from a verified reporter.
Verified account 6m6 minutes ago
Just in from latest Thai gov presser: despite near continuous rain since last night, water levels in cave still remain the same as previous days. They hope to pull out 4 boys, coach, and divers by end of tonight (h/t @8td for translation)
Tessa Wong on Twitter

Also, hate to bring this up but it was said at the press conference.
Tessa Wong on Twitter
Also Thai gov is saying Elon Musk’s equipment “doesn’t fit with our mission” - so that kid-sized submarine won’t be deployed for today’s rescue of the remaining boys and coach (h/t @8td for translation). #ThamLuang #ThaiCaveRescue

Now we can stop bringing him up!

Well, we can only hope so.

Hello fellow "Websleuths Wild Boar Booster Club" members ;) ! I am checking in for my usual afternoon/evening shift. It's currently coming up on 3pm AEST, which means it'll be noon in Thailand.

Got caught up on all the posts and see that it is business as usual: lots of positivity, lots of hoping the rain will bugger off, and the usual conflicting stories form the media. Whatever would we do if we got the facts just straight up? I think we'd all faint. :D

Anyway, hugs to all of you, and hugs to our Wild Boars, their loved ones, and to all the rescuers. (Even Elon Musk, although I don't think they should use the mini-submarine. Why mess with what has worked? Have it on stand-by, sure. Funny how my tune has changed when before the u, and hugs to our Wild Boars, their loved ones, and to all the rescuers. (Even Elon Musk, although I don't think they should use the mini-submarine. Why mess with a system that has worked well thus far? Have it on stand-by, sure. Funny how my tune has changed when before the first four boys were rescued I was so terrified of the dive plan.)

Also, all the discussion that the coach will be coming out last and may be left alone in the cave: IMO? No way. He will not be left alone. No way. So don't worry about that. He'll at least have a tandem team of divers with him. They probably have as many as four to five divers/doctor in the cave at a time, so no one will be left alone.

Anyway, here we all are again! So glad I get to see this through with all of you lovely people. :)

Hey SunnyV --
nice to have another beam of positive energy here!

Well, we can only hope so.

it struck me like a commercial

we all have been following the rescue and we know about the 15 inch passageway so really dude what is your toy gonna do in the middle of the cave become gate 12 and start loading people up after the 15 in part

makes zero sense and your clogging stuff up by playing with it near there

NoLan on Twitter
OFFICIAL: The first group - 2 of 4: pneumonia (treating) - 1 of 4: scratches (healed) - All: no fever The second group - 1 of 4: low body temp, irregular heartbeat, pneumonia (treating) All - Safe, healthy - High WBCs level. Antibiotics given.

You know, I feel sorry for the coach and so very proud of him! He is quite young to be put in the position of handling 12 boys in a catastrophe. He held it together and saved all of their lives! He himself is only 25! He is a hero in my eyes!
He can come stay at my home anytime!

Please give a thought tonight to retired Thai Navy SEAL Saman Gunan who tragically died in the lead up to the successful rescue of eight and counting boys! He would have been so happy to have seen this day.

Sir, your sacrifice won’t be forgotten. #ThamLuang #ถ้ำหลวง #Thailand #RIP

Been thinking about him all day long.
And he's always included in my prayers!

You know, I feel sorry for the coach and so very proud of him! He is quite young to be put in the position of handling 12 boys in a catastrophe. He held it together and saved all of their lives! He himself is only 25! He is a hero in my eyes!
He can come stay at my home anytime!
Me too. He loves those boys. And their parents know it. It was a horrible mistake, but an honest mistake. His intentions were pure imo. He's surely learned his lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname