The (Alleged) Abduction

Someone just tweeted this and then linked to the article below. Text is bolded by me. Is this another case of media mis-information or has there been another source (modsnip)

http://www.wsls.com/story/26732436/police-look-into-new-vital-information-on-suspect-jesse-matthew
"Police said they also found a cassette tape with "Jesus" written on the front. There is no indication that Graham was ever inside this particular vehicle. Just five days before Matthew's arrest, Charlottesville police seized another car Matthew was driving after surveillance video showed the teen getting inside."

Someone just tweeted this and then linked to the article below. Text is bolded by me. Is this another case of media mis-information or has there been another source (modsnip)

http://www.wsls.com/story/26732436/police-look-into-new-vital-information-on-suspect-jesse-matthew
"Police said they also found a cassette tape with "Jesus" written on the front. There is no indication that Graham was ever inside this particular vehicle. Just five days before Matthew's arrest, Charlottesville police seized another car Matthew was driving after surveillance video showed the teen getting inside."

This is the first article I have seen that mentions this. Could be true. I would like an LE source.

I'm leaning toward sloppy reporting. It seems to me if police had released this information (even as a leak) the media would have been all over it.

I saw this last night. It was from the Texas station who did the story on the contents inside the Nissan Stanza.

Just five days before his arrest in Galveston, Virginia police seized the car Matthew was driving the night Graham disappeared after surveillance video showed the teen getting inside it.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/h...of-trek-from-va-to-bolivar-peninsula/28994136

Not sure if the Texas station has the correct information or not.

Hannah Graham Missing: Police Seek 'Person Of Interest' In Hunt For Missing Virginia Student
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/20/person-of-interest-identi_n_5853040.html
09/19/14

"Longo did not name the individual. The police chief said the individual was home when the search warrant was executed, but that officers had no reason to take him into custody.

"When we arrest the person responsible, it's going to be a prosecution that leads to a conviction," Longo said. "It's not going to be just an arrest."

"Let me just say we're interested in him," Longo told a news conference. "We talked to him this morning and we are going to talk to him again."

He said Graham and the man were seen entering Tempo bar in downtown Charlottesville at about 1 a.m. on Saturday morning. They had drinks and left together after 15 minutes, Longo said, driving away in the individual's orange Chrysler coupe.

The car was located at the man's residence on Friday and searched by police, Longo said, which produced enough evidence for probable cause also to search the apartment."

I don't know if JM should be considered a "professional" killer/rapist. His car was not searched for almost an entire week...and he never cleared out the evidence.

This part is still unclear to me.
Longo states that they drove away in Jm's car.
Is there video or a witness to this?

It is unclear to me as well. I do hope they have video.

I think it was the first press conference, where they gave an age and description of JLM but no name, that Longo was pressed on that and either he or the detective replied something to the effect that they have every reason to believe she was with him in that car. I don't recall hearing police stating outright that she was seen (by witness or video) in the car, but their answers have been vague enough to imply it.

I don't think LE was specific about actually seeing Hannah and/or JM getting into JM's car. But they had enough reason to get a search warrent on the car, though not enough to arrest JM.

Frankly, I think it's a foregone conclusion that Hannah got into that car with JM. LE knows where the car was parked that day. Hannah's scent as tracked by dogs ended about there. Where else did the two of them go after leaving Tempo? So Hannah got into the car with JM and they have forensic evidence, hair, whatever showing she was there. Makes no difference. So what? She willingly left with him, probably willingly got into the car with him. Doesn't mean a thing. IF the DNA doesn't show any more than that, then LE is on empty in that regard. JM could have driven her to the corner of those streets she texted, and left her off there. Or to another locale. They could have gone and had sex somewhere and then he dropped her off hale, hearty and alive anywhere, even near home. No evidence that he did not.

LE needs some solid evidence that something dire, a crime occurred involving Hannah, not just speculation. Hopefully something of that sort was found in the car, on JM's clothes, possessions. Finding Hannah would be a big help. But that she got into his car...? Pah, that's not news. And JM doesn't have to say a thing as to where they went, what they did. LE has to come up with the story line and proof of it beyond reasonable doubt.

I don't think LE was specific about actually seeing Hannah and/or JM getting into JM's car. But they had enough reason to get a search warrent on the car, though not enough to arrest JM.

Frankly, I think it's a foregone conclusion that Hannah got into that car with JM. LE knows where the car was parked that day. Hannah's scent as tracked by dogs ended about there. Where else did the two of them go after leaving Tempo? So Hannah got into the car with JM and they have forensic evidence, hair, whatever showing she was there. Makes no difference. So what? She willingly left with him, probably willingly got into the car with him. Doesn't mean a thing. IF the DNA doesn't show any more than that, then LE is on empty in that regard. JM could have driven her to the corner of those streets she texted, and left her off there. Or to another locale. They could have gone and had sex somewhere and then he dropped her off hale, hearty and alive anywhere, even near home. No evidence that he did not.

LE needs some solid evidence that something dire, a crime occurred involving Hannah, not just speculation. Hopefully something of that sort was found in the car, on JM's clothes, possessions. Finding Hannah would be a big help. But that she got into his car...? Pah, that's not news. And JM doesn't have to say a thing as to where they went, what they did. LE has to come up with the story line and proof of it beyond reasonable doubt.

LEGALLY you are correct. Although you neglect to mention the strong circumstantial case LE may be able to make.

HOWEVER, morally speaking if JM is innocent of harming HG, I am MYSTIFIED why he won't speak to LE and help them find out what really happened to her. Being aware of the slippery slope talking to LE might entail, he does have an attorney to navigate those waters. I'm frustrated beyond frustrated why attorneys don't help foster this type of communication rather than stonewalling all discourse. IMO, this is not justice, it fosters games between LE and attorneys and, sadly, families like the Grahams suffer the consequences.

Exactly. It is not about justice, but making a name for one's self for whatever self absorbed reason.

It is sickening beyond belief. Sure, people are guaranteed representation, but the law has become a farce

LEGALLY you are correct. Although you neglect to mention the strong circumstantial case LE may be able to make.

HOWEVER, morally speaking if JM is innocent of harming HG, I am MYSTIFIED why he won't speak to LE and help them find out what really happened to her. Being aware of the slippery slope talking to LE might entail, he does have an attorney to navigate those waters. I'm frustrated beyond frustrated why attorneys don't help foster this type of communication rather than stonewalling all discourse. IMO, this is not justice, it fosters games between LE and attorneys and, sadly, families like the Grahams suffer the consequences.

Oh, I agree. But the fact of the matter is that he has the right to remain silent. That is not allowed to be used against him. But...anything he says or does is allowed to be used against him. And he has been told that very clearly, by LE now a few times, and by his attorney, advising friends and family.

If LE did not carefully and gently and nicely apporach him with questions, if they played hardball and took his phone, car , clothes and not so much an explanation and if Chief Longo did not send some one V-E-R-Y good to talk to him, knowing that a girl is missing and that he hs info, there is a problem here on part of LE.

JM is now a black man in the south involved in the disappearance of a whitel UVA coed. Not a good situation to be in, and his attorney, a former prosecuter, I'm sure has told him to keep his mouth shut. The less he tells them, the better off he might be.

Seriously, if he left her off somewhere, alive and she's now gone, somewhere very carefully searched already, and he has absolutely no proof, he's got just as many problems as he would if he had killed her and there is no proof of that. Any doubt to his story, even if it's true, will get him into even more trouble.

Now, given the evidence, and the probabilities, I really don't think he just gave Hannah a ride to where she asked. But what I think doesn't matter. Without proof he did otherwise, there really isn't much of a case, is there?

We have a separate thread for the charges against JLM.

We have a separate thread for the charges against JLM.

Thanks Bessie...I think it gets a little confusing though since this thread is about the abduction and his charges are abduction.

"Police said they also found a cassette tape with "Jesus" written on the front. There is no indication that Graham was ever inside this particular vehicle. Just five days before Matthew's arrest, Charlottesville police seized another car Matthew was driving after surveillance video showed the teen getting inside.[/
B]"

The "other" car is JLM's orange Chrysler coupe which LE had the search warrant for.

Thanks Bessie...I think it gets a little confusing though since this thread is about the abduction and his charges are abduction.

Whether Hannah was even abducted is a question. She went with him willingly from everything we know. The point that it becomes an abduction is when she was taken somewhere against her will.

Whether Hannah was even abducted is a question. She went with him willingly from everything we know. The point that it becomes an abduction is when she was taken somewhere against her will.

BBM. Or not allowed to return to her desired location. From what I understand.

This thread is to discuss how the abduction might have played out: where, when, how. The objective is to combine known facts with a little brainstorming in order to yield clues to how the abduction played out, which in turn might lead to HG's whereabouts.

Discussion of the charges and pursuant legal issues belong in the thread linked below.
[h=1]The Charges Against Jesse Leroy Matthew[/h]As soon as one becomes aware s/he's crossing the line, one should immediately cross over to the appropriate thread. This will preserve posts which might otherwise be deleted, and keep the discussion on track. Fellow posters and the mod team will be very grateful for the cooperation.

Bessie

Well LE must have something , something that points strongly to abduction

Is that not what he has been charged with?

Hi all. First time poster here. Not sure this thread is entirely appropriate for this post so my apologies in advance.

I am most perplexed at the video that shows her running then walking as well as the video that shows her seeming to "walk with purpose" through the mall. Could it be she was running from something or someone that spooked her?

Could it be that HG and JLM had some brief interaction earlier during a time that they were both unaccounted for? They were both in the same area for a couple of hours or so. And, if so, was she nervous about running into him again and he knew it? Was he really helping hold her up leaving Tempo or was he forcefully guiding her to be with him?

Just a few burning questions running through my head.

These are all MOO.

If you look at google maps, you can see the area across from the Shell gas station. You also see the underpass that ends just around the area that is in view of the surveillance camera. In my opinion, I think she just ran to quickly get through the underpass. I think it was logical. Before, I thought she had to be really intoxicated to be running around like that but google maps provided context. This is also why I don't think she was super intoxicated anymore. JMO

I keep wondering did Hannah recognize JM from around town? She maybe felt comfortable if he asked if he could give her a ride? Or did he meet Hannah that night and thought she- for lack of better words- would be a better victim? I wonder if JM used any force during the abduction.
Praying for Hannah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back