The Amy Winehouse Thread

Nicotine too, another gateway drug.

I don't think about nicotine because it is not mind or mood altering in the way alcohol, etc... is, but I do get your point. However, I know lots of smokers who don't go on to drink or do drugs and I know lots of alcoholics/addicts who don't smoke.

My sister says the sugar is everyone's first drug. IMO, sugar is more mind and mood altering than nicotine.

This is a great point and my experience as well. I don't think people knew as much about addiction and the dangers of alcohol back then.
My husband and I don't drink either, so we hope to give our sons an upbringing that's not sloshed in beer, wine and liquor. I hope that foundation will serve them well once they meet everything that's out there in the "real world." Fingers crossed!

AMEN!!!!!!

Aww celebrity wealth and fame...what is there to envy? Clearly with so many going off the rails of late the whole thing is not all it is cracked up to be.
I will just stay in my state of anonomity..

I really like Amy's music. From everything I have seen online or read in the papers she is the abuser in the relationship NOT the husband. If I was him I would leave her she is a train-wreck willing to bring anyone and everyone around her down with her.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/28/in-laws-urge-winehouse-boycott/

Trainwreck Amy Winehouse's in-laws are so unhappy with her out-of-control behavior, they're asking fans to say "No, no no!" by boycotting her records in order to send a message that "her addiction and behavior are not acceptable."

How sad that his parents have to watch this all unfold in public and have had to resort to issuing statements such as these to hopefully get their son's attention. I hope something works for them.

:p :p :p
Funny! I think the pic I posted was after her fight w/her hubby and she'd been crying.

IdahoMom, what a picture you chose! Lol.

I had never heard of Winehouse until someone posted a picture of her in another thread. For such a young gal, she sure has had some rough times. I think she knows her life is in a downward spiral, but is so obsessed with her husband that she feels powerless. I think she really likes being with him.

I found the pics in the british paper that showed the two of them after the fight. She kept saying that she was cutting herself, but he has cuts to his face and neck. One of the pictures shows her with swollen fists, and another one shows her with bruises on her neck. Was she trying to defend herself? In the first picture, does anyone else see that he has a wound near the bottom of his necklace? It looks recent.

Article with pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=477347

IdahoMom, what a picture you chose! Lol.

I had never heard of Winehouse until someone posted a picture of her in another thread. For such a young gal, she sure has had some rough times. I think she knows her life is in a downward spiral, but is so obsessed with her husband that she feels powerless. I think she really likes being with him.

I found the pics in the british paper that showed the two of them after the fight. She kept saying that she was cutting herself, but he has cuts to his face and neck. One of the pictures shows her with swollen fists, and another one shows her with bruises on her neck. Was she trying to defend herself? In the first picture, does anyone else see that he has a wound near the bottom of his necklace? It looks recent.

Article with pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=477347

I think rather he was trying to defend himself.

Her hubby is no innocent. He is just as bad a drug user as she is and from what I hear, he is also a big supplier in the London music scene.

Don't worry they are recovering in the caribbean.:doh: :bang: :waitasec: :loser: :sick:

I really like Amy's music. From everything I have seen online or read in the papers she is the abuser in the relationship NOT the husband. If I was him I would leave her she is a train-wreck willing to bring anyone and everyone around her down with her.

It's almost like she is blackmailing the husband by saying I can only kick drugs if you are around or I only feel pretty with you, etc. He probably has threatened to leave before.

That can't be the same person"!"!"!"
Heroin or whatever her drug of choice is doesn't agree with her.

Dang, she had a nice body before. Someone should label them. This is your body. This is your body on smack.

SCM, philamena & TN....i responded the same way...i was flabbergasted when i saw the pic......i read that AW is anorexic (sp) also...not sure where i read this...some article that's been written since this last 'spat' betw her & her BF......i agree with others, in that she DOES have a great voice....

close_enough,
Seeing the 2 pictures of her side by side, shocked me. What a sad road this young woman seems to be taking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back