The Asian Male

Discussion in 'LISK Unidentified Victims' started by bessie, Apr 5, 2011.

1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[​IMG]
    The Asian Male
    Namus UP #9355

Ocean Parkway
    Gilgo Beach
    Nassau County, NY

4 April 2011

Skeletal remains of an Asian Male were recovered in the vicinity of Ocean Pkwy, Gilgo Beach, NY. The remains are estimated to have been there more than 5 yrs.

"The male victim was 5-feet-6-inches and was missing both the top and bottom molars and one of his top front teeth. Investigators determined that he was wearing women's' clothes when he died between five and 10 years ago, Dormer said." (CNN)

ME/C Case Number: 11-155468
    Suffolk County, New York
    17 to 23 year old Asian Male

Est. post mortem interval - 5 years
    Probable year of death - 0-2006

• The decedent may have had a musculoskeletal disorder that affected his gait.
    • Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Namus UP #9355

Newsday Map

Shadowraith's Map

2. Loading...

3. kemo

kemo Active Member

There are very few Asian males reported missing in the North-East US. Yim Tsui http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tsui_yim.html, who disappeared from Hyde Park LI in 1998 is the one I could find that fits the description. The others I could identify were older and lived further away. No positive id has yet been made.
    Yim Tsui was a 20 year old Student at SUNY Stony Brook who lived in Hyde Park LI.
    Very little information was available on the Missing Persons sites or otherwise available on the web. This is unusual. Usually, the disappearance of a young person from a Middle Class generates more media attention and a lot of information is available. I'm guessing that lack of media attention means lack of law enforcement attention as well.

4. silversurvivor

silversurvivor Member

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=8122129

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Could the eighth body found be that of Stony Brook student Jimmy Tsui?

Kam Wai Tsui lives every day with the grief and the devastating uncertainty of what happened to her youngest son, Jimmy.

The 20-year-old Stony Brook student vanished without a trace in August of 1998.

"She has given up on it, she just wants to know if he's alive or not alive," a translator said for Tsui.

Now, investigative sources tell Eyewitness News they're examining a possible link between Tsui and so-called John Doe number eight. One of the skeletons uncovered this spring along ocean parkway.

5. Aleph

Aleph New Member

6. bodhi93

bodhi93 Member

Here's the composite just release by LE.
    View attachment 18744

Going throught the mp database and agree with Aleph that Mo Zhang could be a possible candidate. Also, found Daniel Ted Yuan. Although he's listed missing in California, it also says that he resided in New Jersey.

Attached Files:

7. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This guy's facial features align perfectly to the facial reconstruction:

Mo Zhang
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/z/zhang_mo.html

[​IMG]

I have sized the above images so that they are comparable. If you click your mouse on Mo's photo and drag it to the right over the reconstruction, Mo's photo becomes transparent, and you can test the similarity of their facial shapes and spacing of their facial features.

ETA: I just realized that this trick only works if you are using the Mozilla Firefox browser.

8. CarlK90245

Yes, Jimmy Tsui definitely has been ruled out

Read More:
    http://nycitywatch.org/mu/nycitywatchbrooklyn/2011/09/20/child-among-10-victims-in-li-slay-probe/

BTW, I submitted Mo Zheng to the tipline.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Cedar Beach in Long Island - Fifth Female Murder Victim, March 2011

9. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

I can't move either photo anywhere. I see a strong resemblence with the side by sides and see how the above could work if I were able to do as you suggested above.

I would call this one in Carl. there is so little information on Mo this might be a match.

10. CarlK90245

I already did call it in.

By dragging the image, you won't actually move the photo. As you hold down the left mouse button on the image and drag it sideways a ghost image appears, and you can drag it over the other image.

I don't know why it doesn't work on your computer. Perhaps it is something that works only with the browser that I use (Mozilla Firefox).

ETA: I just tried it in MS Internet Explorer. It doesn't work. So I guess that is a trick that only works with the Mozilla Firefox browser.

11. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

It works in Firefox but not in Chrome or IE, CarlK90245.

The resemblance is uncanny! Wow!

12. JeannieC

JeannieC New Member

I think you got it!

13. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

Amazing isn't it? I am astounded. I will be shocked if it is NOT him.

14. mellynyc

mellynyc New Member

Oh wow!! I dragged it over and it is a perfect match! Is someone going to call this in?

15. CarlK90245

I already did.

16. mellynyc

mellynyc New Member

Great work! It will shock me if it isn't him.

17. matou

matou #los2188

I'm hoping that forensics can determine whether the victim lost these teeth before or after death. Using the gum bone starts to grow back and fills the holes where the roots were in a living person. Having absolutely no molars at all at such a young age is unusual, in my opinion. Missing a front tooth is also unusual and maybe this occured at the time of death. IDK. I agree a composite of this victim made up as a woman with long hair and makeup may assist with ID.

18. matou

matou #los2188

Carl, I just pulled the image over the sketch and it looks like a match. The age seems correct too since Zhang was 17 in 2006. Zhang could have gotten taller as well since he was so young when he went missing. Even if it isn't a match, it's great sleuthing! Thanks for the tip about firefox, which I use.

19. twocuriouscats

twocuriouscats Searching for Killer Owls

Hi CarlK...I don't even need to superimpose one image over the other...I think you have a match. Glad to hear that you have called it in...excellent job!

Warm regards

20. KAYTOM

KAYTOM New Member

Any word on Mo Zhang?

I just stumbled across this tonight and thought it matched fairly well.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3851/15

Glad to see someone's already submitted the tip.

He barely fits the window.

"On September 20, 2011, police revealed new details about these remains. Police released a composite sketch of the Asian male, who was wearing women's clothes at the time of his death due to blunt force trauma, and was likely working as a prostitute.[17] He was between 17 and 23 years of age, 5' 6" in height, and missing four teeth; he had been dead for between five to 10 years."

He was last scene: August 09, 2006 - 09:28 and was 17 y.o.
    His height fits almost perfectly at 65" - 5'-5"
    I wish they had his dental records available.

Thats just under five years.

I did a google search for yorktown, va + serial killer and came up with this page: http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=2622.0

The victims don't really fit and the timeline is a stretch at 30 years. Which could put the SK into his late 60's now.
    Maybe he group up in the Yorktown area, moved to NYC and still visits virginia.

On a related note, I was looking into unidentified victims and was a bit alarmed to find out this out:

"It has been estimated that there are approximately 40,000 unidentified human remains in the offices of the Nation's medical examiners and coroners or were buried or cremated before being identified (see Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains: The Nation's Silent Mass Disaster). In June 2007, OJP's Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), confirmed that, in a typical year, medical examiners and coroners handle approximately 4,400 unidentified human decedent cases, 1,000 of which remain unidentified after one year. (See the Medical Examiners and Coroners' Offices, 2004 for the full report."

http://www.namus.gov/about.htm

I read somewhere else that there is major backlog with entering the data into databases and that many aren't coordinated togethor.
    Also, that the departments don't have the time or resources. - The last part just makes me think of all the backlog created by stupid politics and
    time wasted dealing with petty offenses like MJ use.

21. Reannan

Reannan Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

Hey Carl!!! Did you ever hear anything about about the possible match between the Long Island UID and Mo Zhang?