The boys heard clicking Noises discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem with this case--almost all the juicy details about this case have come from DB herself in one media interview or another, or someone reporting what DB said, or someone reporting on what DB said to someone else. We have very few LE-confirmed details at all. If only LE understood that they were supposed to keep us in WS in the loop at all times! ;)

Also, I am dying over the expression 'rumpy pumpy from upthread. I have never heard that one before!

:floorlaugh:

I have a feeling that LE has given DB the rope and now she is hanging herself w/it.....LE sure got quiet when DB went on her media blitz and started changing her story/stories.

Hello. My first post, thank you! Just logged on to say that my wheeled carry on luggage makes that familiar "clicking sound". The child could have been transported from the house in a piece of luggage. The "stolen cell phones" (sarcasm) would be with the dead child. JMHO. BBL

I wonder if the boys would mistake the static on the parent monitor for the clicking noise... you know if the child portion of the monitor had been turned off.

I know we have no clue what the clicking was....and yesterday I thought we were just playing a guessing game on what the clicks could be....

But now I chime in with my clicking sound idea....

They had a "Little Giant" type ladder at the scene yesterday,I wonder whose ladder that was, or if there is one of those in the home. Those ladders transform to different shapes and sizes and they make a clicking sound when they do....and its pretty loud.

Just a thought.....

ETA: I have learned (thx MK) that the ladder used in the search yesterday did in fact come from LE.

Hummm? Clicking ladder sound is reasonable. I do suspect they are using metal detectors to search for buried cell phones as well. One big question remains. Who put the boys to bed if Mommy passed out early?:seeya:

My 11 year old son just suggested that the clicking could have come from an empty gun.

You discuss this kind of thing with your 11 year old?

Hey it wasnt loaded.:floorlaugh: I thought about it too, but didnt post it because her 11 year old got it.

My kid has been reading here since she could read. She often shares details of these cases with her teachers. FWIW.

Yeah, I was wondering if I'd get a comment on that. :giggle: I do occasionally. I'm pretty careful about what I say. He's a wise old soul, not a typical kid at all. I homeschool my kids and I like to use the real world to launch discussions. I'm much more liberal about what we read and talk about than what I let him watch on screen. The latter seems to effect him more.

I also go out of my way to point out the statistical remoteness of a crime like this happening to us, and that he shouldn't worry. We do the math.

I use baseball as a jumping off point for statistics too. The real world just helps lessons stick.

I do make an attempt to be sensitive. :)

Just a thought,

perhaps the parents if they did do something, ran a fan or something that would make noise outside the kids door so they wouldn't hear anything and then focused their attention on that sound later as a way of distraction?

another poster on another thread here at WS "encouraged" the cops yesterday to check out the mop leaning against the front of the house. And since I did this same task yesterday and tied the two together, clicking noise? MOPPING. depending on which type of mop you have, both of mine have a metal hinge type apparatus. They both make clicking noises. Back and forth....back and forth. I would definitely describe it as a "click." This doesn't have to have a sinister overtone, she may have just spilled wine. But agree with the posters above who said she is covering her tracks with LE and the press. The kids may have told LE that night that they heard clicking noises, and she wants to mention something that happened so that it looked like she was telling the story as it happened. The cops already interviewed the kids....right, she told the press that they told them they heard clicking noises. That's it! Says DB. (That was in a facetious tone, that you can't hear within my keystrokes.) In other words, the kids have nothing more to say, leave them alone.

I think, because of the dream I had that i wrote here, (before the admittance of the drinking,) that there was some serious neglect here, that resulted in the "loss" of this little girl. I watched those videos, this child was bright, very communicative. Reminds me of my first born daughter. It is very sad that she is missing.

No offense, but I'm afraid within the next few days we are going to be seeing things like this posted as true, seems like this is how rumors get started and end up being 'facts'.

Please, let's not start speculating they are drug addicts unless there is more to it than just clicking noises!! I could list a thousand things that make a clicking sound, but we're going to guess that she was cutting cocaine... really???

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post but still...

Do they have blinds covering their windows? Does the kitten roam around the house at night? I have cats and also foster kittens. They all love to play with the blind cord. As they whack it around it clicks as it hits the wall.

Be careful or you'll have people thinking she choked Lisa with the blind cord.. :great:

I'm kidding!!!

If some here think that the boys were coached in saying they heard clicking noises, please share WHY there would be a need to tell them to say that? Wouldn't it be better to just tell them what NOT to say, rather than make something like that up?? I mean, that's a little out there... she would have had to pull that out of thin air, and what on earth significance could it have? Besides, most cops can tell when a kid is lying or is being coached.
Nope, not buying they were told to say that.

I think the clicking sound was a lighter that was having a hard time lighting. Especially the type for fireplaces and grills... with the long handle... and the safety trigger.

She is a smoker... and most people tend to smoke more when they drink.

Just a thought,

perhaps the parents if they did do something, ran a fan or something that would make noise outside the kids door so they wouldn't hear anything and then focused their attention on that sound later as a way of distraction?

Iirc her husband said she slept with a fan on, and before someone says it's to cold for a fan I will say I used one even last night and it's a standing one that oscillate's and clicks when it changes direction.

The clicking could be anything. I just chopped up vegetables for a soup and that sure made clicking noises the knife on the cutting board.

I sleep with a fan on every night, every season it's my white noise. The fan is a habit to many people.

Clicking noises? Burned baby clothes? Maybe I'm grabbing at straws here, but yesterday someone posted, "LE is searching behind the metal shed where the tree leaves are singed". Why are the tree leaves singed at that exact spot? (When I attempted to locate the exact quote, I received this message, "Multispeed, you do not have permission to access this page.") LE worked behind the shed raked, used a shovel, raked, and then placed the dirt into bags. Do we know where (the exact location) the burned baby clothes were found? I think posters assume they were found in the dumpster or the landfill.
Looking at the backyard, if someone is near the wood pile breaking small branches into kindling, the sound could be characterized as "clicking".
I'm just throwing into the mix as a possible explanation for the clicking sounds.

Hi there - Been lurking since the beginning of this case and reading (I am seriously behind in laundry, thanks) alot.

Just wanted to get an opinion on one (of many) things that struck me as particularly odd...

In the interview with MK, DB said re the boys hearing noises:

'They said they heard noises. But I don't know if that was before um, we went to sleep or after'.

Does that seem odd as a reason for not talking to LE? And who is 'we'? When did the boys go to sleep? Or is she referring to the 'after we went to bed' as when they were in bed together (her and boy(s))

IMO the boys heard whatever was going on with the neighbor and DB doesn't want them to talk about that with the police. Thus the comment regarding being unsure of when they heard the noises....

Hinky!

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members