The British Royal Family #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raisins ? This is the recipe I use and its authentic as you can get it....

Authentic British Scones • Curious Cuisiniere

They look perfect, though I was confused by the reference to biscuits (aka cookies) until I realised your biscuits are like savoury scones. I think.

The pronunciation of scone is a 'thing' in the UK - is it scone to rhyme with gone, or scone to rhyme with cone?

Mr HKP has to eat the fruit ones

I lurve the glacé cherry ones but they're a rarity. I can't abide raisins, or worse, sultanas - every afternoon tea I've had has had them in the scones and I've picked them out like a toddler.

Massive fan of cheese scones, warmed with a thick layer of Lurpak. OMG making me hungry!

Funnily enough Cags Jnr has just given me his Food Tech recipe for Thursday, and it's scones... spooky!

(and it's scone to rhyme with gone!)

Slightly concerning that Bea has apparently never met Eduardo's father though. We know how that turned out last time (no names, no names)

For a start, Count Alessandro, 68, has revealed he is yet to meet his future daughter-in-law.

How Beatrice the Contessa is marrying into a family much posher than her own | Daily Mail Online

How is this possible? Didn't a news story a few weeks ago say Bea and Edo are childhood friends? Or did Edo's father never come to England? I'm a bit confused.

I lurve the glacé cherry ones but they're a rarity. I can't abide raisins, or worse, sultanas - every afternoon tea I've had has had them in the scones and I've picked them out like a toddler.

Massive fan of cheese scones, warmed with a thick layer of Lurpak. OMG making me hungry!

Funnily enough Cags Jnr has just given me his Food Tech recipe for Thursday, and it's scones... spooky!

I have made lemon and blueberry ones with a hint of rum flavor before. I hoarded those from my family. Now I must bake some scones today since I am stuck at home for a few weeks. Ill make raspberry ones with a hint vanilla madagascar flavor.

If Meghan was as grasping as some say, she would have remained with the Royal family. She could have had a life like Kate.

But they do no want that. Harry has made that abundantly clear over years. It is not new

Ohhh, I’ll have to practice “scone to rhyme with gone”!

Here it rhymes with cone. And it’s especially knarly if I throw in a NJ or NY accent! :eek:

But here’s the deal, I want them all!! I love ‘em all. :)

Those cheese scones sound divine. What is lurpak?

How is this possible? Didn't a news story a few weeks ago say Bea and Edo are childhood friends? Or did Edo's father never come to England? I'm a bit confused.

I think I read that Edo’s parents divorced when he was very little and he has been close with his mom and step-father. Would explain both this and why he’s talking to the press if they aren’t that close

I have made lemon and blueberry ones with a hint of rum flavor before. I hoarded those from my family. Now I must bake some scones today since I am stuck at home for a few weeks. Ill make raspberry ones with a hint vanilla madagascar flavor.
Holding a little truce flag here to say I hope your result comes back ok

Here it rhymes with cone. And it’s especially knarly if I throw in a NJ or NY accent! :eek:

Lurpak is butter. Proper fat luscious butter. We have it in our fridge (daily temptation).

Look up the Mary Berry recipe for one big cheese scone round. I make it if we run out of bread and I'm feeling carbs ;)

I read that Edo's father holds Italian and British citizenship. His parents divorced when he was young and he lived with his mother and her 2nd husband in the UK and I read somewhere else that Edo's father had moved to another country. Not sure if he returned to live in the UK or not.

We say scone rhyme with cone here in my little patch of the UK, but it varies from house to house!

So the big question. Do you guys know the difference between a (duchy of...let's keep it royal) Cornish scone and a Devon scone? Clue: it relates to how you serve them

Lurpak is butter. Proper fat luscious butter. We have it in our fridge (daily temptation).

Look up the Mary Berry recipe for one big cheese scone round. I make it if we run out of bread and I'm feeling carbs ;)

Ahh, ok. Here we have European butter, like velvet and delicious.

TY for tips! I see Mary Berry has videos, too. She’s a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim