The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've covered highlights of mine, but I was due July 18 by calendar, July 19 by measurement ultrasound; started contractions July 17, finally met with 2 surgeons & delivered on August 3.

Baby Sussex may be in no particular hurry.

To me, a half hour to reach a hospital after a problem is identified and the patients are loaded into a vehicle sounds like a loooooong time.

I lived in a very rural area. Had to drive 90 miles both times!

AEDB3581-EC1F-4C0B-BA27-33D97B43E3C1.jpeg

The Duchess of Sussex is set to welcome her first child with Prince Harry any day now. The countdown is on, and bets have been placed on whether the royal couple will welcome a baby boy or girl. And while nothing has been revealed, if Meghan has a daughter, she will already have a beautiful present ready for her. In 2015, the then Suits actress told HELLO! Canada that she owns a Cartier Tank Française watch with a special back story that she's ready to pass on to a daughter. "When I found out Suits had been picked up for our third season – which, at the time, felt like such a milestone – I totally splurged and bought the two-tone version [of the watch]," she said of the timepiece.

I had it engraved on the back, 'To M.M. From M.M.' And I plan to give it to my daughter one day. That's what makes pieces special, the connection you have to them," she added. Royal watchers are convinced that the royal baby will be a girl following a number of clues throughout the pregnancy.

Meghan Markle makes touching plan for future child with Prince Harry

if Queen Elizabeth offers a title to the newborn Sussex baby, Meghan will definitely accept it.

It doesn’t matter what Harry wants, Meghan wants her child to have the royalty of the title.

She has been upset in the past when she learned a title wasn’t automatically given at the birth of Harry’s baby. Read this in numerous articles some time back.

I wonder if QE will confer with Charles. She probably doesn’t have many years left, therefore, the future will be under Charles’ reign.

if Queen Elizabeth offers a title to the newborn Sussex baby, Meghan will definitely accept it.

It doesn’t matter what Harry wants, Meghan wants her child to have the royalty of the title.

She has been upset in the past when she learned a title wasn’t automatically given at the birth of Harry’s baby. Read this in numerous articles some time back.

I wonder if QE will confer with Charles. She probably doesn’t have many years left, therefore, the future will be under Charles’ reign.

How do you think their child would feel if their Mum and Dad, Aunt and Uncle and their cousins all had royal titles but they did not? It would not really be fair would it.

I'd love it if Harry's kid was a Prince / Princess, but...

The Queen's sister, Princess Margaret, had a Viscount and a Lady. Future King Charles's siblings have two Princesses, a Viscount, a Lady and two with no title at all. However, It rankles me a bit that Beatrice and Eugenie are Princesses, and one day Harry's children will be in that same position within the family. So I can kind of see why the title should stay in the direct line i.e. children of the monarch or future monarch.

I'm biased towards Harry (and don't much love Andrew) so am not too bothered either way!!

Yes, it seems like they're going to be moving there for a while, as reported by the Queen's BP staff, Sir David Manning and Lord Geidt. This seems to be a way for Harry & Meghan's PR people to ease into it publicly. Perhaps Harry has been trying to find a compromise, but it doesn't seem to be working.

The PR battle in the news media and on social media against Prince William and Kate hasn't abated much. It's intolerable and the Queen seems to have given MM and Harry many chances to mend their ways. Maybe they will change eventually, after the arrival of the baby. Who knows?

Last edited:
How do you think their child would feel if their Mum and Dad, Aunt and Uncle and their cousins all had royal titles but they did not? It would not really be fair would it.

Princess Ann didn't request royal titles for her children and they all seem to be ok with it. They're all doing very well, in fact.

If PH wants it, I'm sure the Queen will give the baby an appropriate royal title. Lady or Viscount would be nice.

Yes, it seems like they're going to be moving there for a while, as reported by the Queen's BP staff, Sir David Manning and Lord Geidt. This seems to be a way for Harry & Meghan's PR people to ease into it publicly. Perhaps Harry has been trying to find a compromise, but it doesn't seem to be working.

The PR battle in the news media and on social media against Prince William and Kate hasn't abated much. It's intolerable and the Queen seems to have given MM and Harry many chances to mend their ways. Maybe they will change eventually, after the arrival of the baby. Who knows?

I don’t believe they are moving to Africa and I bet this time next year Baby Sussex number 2 will be on the way.

I don’t believe they are moving to Africa and I bet this time next year Baby Sussex number 2 will be on the way.

Well, it's always possible the Queen will change her mind. As for Baby Sussex number 2, it's possible. Meghan is not a young mother and if she and Harry wanted to have a child by a surrogate, that should be ok to consider. Lots of older moms are doing it these days. Harry has always seemed like he would be a great father.

I believe the Queen offered Prince/Princess titles to all of her grandchildren. Princess Anne declined as did Edward. Both knew that with two/three brothers ahead of them, their own children had very remote chances at the throne.

I do believe the Queen will offer the titles and I also believe that Harry might just take her up on it. Its yet another way Harry can honour his late Mother. After all, it was the Queen who removed the HRH from Diana.

I'm with gregjrichards, there will be a second Sussex baby and no trip to Africa, unless its a short vacation.

Meghan is as young as most mothers these days, gone are the days when 35 was 'over the hill' for childbearing.

We had our first when I was 36 and two more, decades ago. It wasn't a problem then, it sure wouldn't be now.

I wish them well and hope they enjoy their new home at Windsor for many years to come.

4th post in a row - am I the only one here? Am I talking to myself??
The name for a girl: Rachel Henrietta Diana - or
Evelyn Henrietta Diana. I always liked the name Rachel and Evelyn. Another E name that I like is Eileen. I like names that are hard to shorten.

4th post in a row - am I the only one here? Am I talking to myself??
The name for a girl: Rachel Henrietta Diana - or
Evelyn Henrietta Diana. I always liked the name Rachel and Evelyn. Another E name that I like is Eileen. I like names that are hard to shorten.

I could be completely wrong, but I think Harry will honor the Queen in some way with this baby’s name. So, I see Elizabeth, Alexandra or Mary somewhere in the mix.

If he chooses to use just three names, I doubt he uses Elizabeth, unless it is the first name. Princess Charlotte is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. I doubt he uses “Elizabeth Diana” as the middle names for his daughter. I also see Diana as a middle name, not first name.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members