The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D No I live here...
Pretty close to the coast but not feeling much of that breeze today
Not exactly where I live but this is right on the edge of the coast-line not far from me ^ ;)

Ahhh nice memories, I grew up in N Yorks. I think it's the Giggleswick reference under your avatar that made me think you were over the other way.

From ^ previous post - Could one of our Canadian cousins :p explain what's going on here? Please!
93a8913a10f9d98587c638872ae47c77.jpg
:confused: It's driving me mad...

Here's another pic taken at the same 'event' for reference...

f408382cbce1ade4a9dd17192afcde1f.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip leave Yellowknife City Hall (1970)

;)^ I'm loving the jacket/tiara combo

Thank you so much :D

From ^ previous post - Could one of our Canadian cousins :p explain what's going on here? Please!
93a8913a10f9d98587c638872ae47c77.jpg
:confused: It's driving me mad...

Here's another pic taken at the same 'event' for reference...

f408382cbce1ade4a9dd17192afcde1f.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip leave Yellowknife City Hall (1970)

;)^ I'm loving the jacket/tiara combo

Thank you so much :D
I'm not sure what you're asking.
The top picture is QE2 lighting the candle on a cake and the second picture is her leaving city. Looks like she is wearing a Native American jacket (in Canada referred to as Indigenous).
Yellowknife is also home to many Inuk, Inuit, etc. people.

The tiara's only association with Canada is the fact that she wore it on a visit to the North West Territories in 1970. If she was visiting the U.S. it would have been called the American Aquamarine Tiara.
1ef0ab5968d833ecc4b066d082d2c90e.jpg

Ahhh nice memories, I grew up in N Yorks. I think it's the Giggleswick reference under your avatar that made me think you were over the other way.
:D Ha ha...
Nah - I just thought Giggleswick was the best named place with 'titles' available when we were discussing how you could purchase your own.

I'm not sure what you're asking.
The top picture is QE2 lighting the candle on a cake and the second picture is her leaving city. Looks like she is wearing a Native American jacket (in Canada referred to as Indigenous).
Yellowknife is also home to many Inuk, Inuit, etc. people.
1ef0ab5968d833ecc4b066d082d2c90e.jpg
Thank you...of course!

:rolleyes: I've been looking for ages trying to see what she's doing, now it's soooo obvious - lol

I'd guessed the jacket must've been a gift by the location she was visiting?
I thought it was kinda cool seeing her wearing it with the full 'State Banquet' outfit :D

The tiara's only association with Canada is the fact that she wore it on a visit to the North West Territories in 1970. If she was visiting the U.S. it would have been called the American Aquamarine Tiara.
I don't think it has a formal name other than 'Five Aquamarine Tiara' as there doesn't seem to be any information anywhere about it? :confused:

As it's only been seen worn by the Queen this one time it's been given the 'Canadian' nickname but it's really only one of the guesses (as to it's origins) that it may have any connection.

o_O Can you imagine just what else must be hidden away in that jewel vault only to sit there gathering dust?? lol

I don't think it has a formal name other than 'Five Aquamarine Tiara' as there doesn't seem to be any information anywhere about it? :confused:

As it's only been seen worn by the Queen this one time it's been given the 'Canadian' nickname but it's really only one of the guesses (as to it's origins) that it may have any connection.

o_O Can you imagine just what else must be hidden away in that jewel vault only to sit there gathering dust?? lol

I read an article about tiaras & royal jewels that referred to Queen Mary as a magpie! Apparently, if the Queen admired something of yours, you were expected to make a gift of the item to her. Quickly, the countesses etc stopped wearing their nicest pieces around her -- in order to keep them.

Wonder if HRH Mary noticed the aquamarines across a banquet table....

Now I do love HRH Mary & her story, and the ocean liner named for her. She is the Royal that I resemble the most:

upload_2019-7-25_19-1-32.jpeg

I'm pretty good at The Stern Look.

JMHO YMMV

I hate to see beautiful jewelry go to waste when we could be wearing it...well, maybe not Greg. :D

We'll find him something. Surely there are cuff links & tie bars? We'll find a nice brooch & create an Order for him!

What colors do we want for our WebSleuths order?

Oh, say, are we The Royal Order of Great Giggleswick, thanks to Her Grace our Arch Duchess?

Excuse me, Grand Imperial Archduchess!

I claim to be a Marchioness of Glamorgan, please.

ETA: I want a WS tartan as well.

B37047BD-8ADE-4D5C-90D7-45B150F44196.jpeg FCA2FA71-6F19-498E-9D45-21F783AA4DE8.jpeg 49BA2D70-036F-4F9A-8CEF-8D9F19D00DC1.jpeg 10FC9E91-0280-4DC7-A863-56B4CF357E4B.jpeg 2B5F6CBA-335A-466E-B455-69AC0B1E1022.jpeg 51DF0DFE-9EFF-47F7-800C-7F37D4F37F15.jpeg

The Queen's dogs lived lives of luxury and enjoyed specially prepared gravy dinners served on silver trays.

The Monarch's deep love of dogs, and in particular corgis, is well known - but now a royal expert has opened up on how they're treated.

Queen serves corgis on silver tray and makes own secret-recipe food for dogs

Her Majesty loved her corgis and I’m sure her corgis loved her back.

Thank you...of course!

:rolleyes: I've been looking for ages trying to see what she's doing, now it's soooo obvious - lol

I'd guessed the jacket must've been a gift by the location she was visiting?
I thought it was kinda cool seeing her wearing it with the full 'State Banquet' outfit :D

Did you notice the tiara that Princess Anne is wearing, do you remember where we've seen it before (hint, hint)? I thought it was great that they were both wearing tiaras.
AnneM1302.jpg

A nice pocket watch would be great. I wonder if the Duke of Edinburgh has a nice watch collection.

Sorry GregJ, looks like the royal men are so sporty and active that they don't really wear watches with lots of bling. You'd be looking at Rolex or Cartier, the choice of the older royal men, or the sporty, yet classy blue n' silver watch worn by Prince William.
prince-william-omega-seamaster-professional-300.jpg

Source: xupes Journal

prince-michael-of-kent-audemars-piguet-royal-oak-5402SA.jpg

And then there's this
Here's why you never see Prince William wearing a wedding ring

Sorry GregJ, looks like the royal men are so sporty and active that they don't really wear watches with lots of bling. You'd be looking at Rolex or Cartier, the choice of the older royal men, or the sporty, yet classy blue n' silver watch worn by Prince William.
prince-william-omega-seamaster-professional-300.jpg

Source: xupes Journal

prince-michael-of-kent-audemars-piguet-royal-oak-5402SA.jpg

And then there's this
Here's why you never see Prince William wearing a wedding ring

They will do. The Duke of Cambridge’s Omega is nice. I don’t understand the no wedding ring thing I would be proud to wear one. My Dad doesn’t like jewellery either he never wore a wedding band and he won’t even wear a watch.

F201B2B8-5BA9-4417-A114-7C92DCE1420E.jpeg

Rumours that the Duchess of Cambridge had 'baby Botox' after welcoming Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis have been strongly denied.

Kensington Palace sources denied claims made by a plastic surgeon on social media that the mum-of-three had the procedure after giving birth.

Palace 'categorically denies' plastic surgeon's post about Kate's post-baby face

Wow I have never seen Kensington Palace come out with such a strong denial to something like this before.

I read an article about tiaras & royal jewels that referred to Queen Mary as a magpie!:DApparently, if the Queen admired something of yours, you were expected to make a gift of the item to her. Quickly, the countesses etc stopped wearing their nicest pieces around her -- in order to keep them.

Wonder if HRH Mary noticed the aquamarines across a banquet table....

Now I do love HRH Mary & her story, and the ocean liner named for her. She is the Royal that I resemble the most:

View attachment 194968

I'm pretty good at The Stern Look.

JMHO YMMV
;) I Queen Mary!

Queen Elizabeth’s Grandmother Had the “Gimmies” :p
961cd9bbb8e638f9f727d5bdc3e479f2.jpg
Antique dealers, jewellers, and estate owners locked away their valuables before Queen Mary came calling. If she spied a small silver vase or a china plate that she fancied, she would hint that she expected to be given it as a gift. At that point, the host or proprietor had no choice but to hand it over to the Queen...

Queen Elizabeth’s Grandmother Had the “Gimmies”

Last edited:
To be cont'd...again :p
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert!
Sophie 'Countess of Wessex'
Aquamarine Tiaras

- Part II - :cool:

The Wessex Aquamarine Necklace Tiara

2017-0325-aqua1.png

Debuted in 2005, her second tiara includes a central oval aquamarine stone with a scrolling diamond design to either side.

a5fe8f2c8c1307bdf23ae345743a6ace.jpg
With its wave-like diamond pattern and its seafoam-colored central aquamarine, the Countess of Wessex’s most modern tiara is a striking piece. Even better: it's convertible!

sophienecklacedetail.jpg
The tiara can be worn as a necklace in impressive fashion, and the Countess may also have used the aquamarine stone as a pendant on its own... o_O now that's what I call 'multi-jeweling'

Given that the tiara is a modern design and that it has only been worn by the Countess of Wessex, it has usually been assumed to be her personal property.

The Court Jeweller: United Kingdom (Main Line)
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday (on a Friday): The Wessex Aquamarine Necklace Tiara
The Wessex Aquamarine Necklace Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member