The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/t response, On the medicine bottles, turn the cap upside down and screw on. If you have no kids to worry about, that way does not have the childproof feature

OT—Yes, we are able to do that with prescription meds from the pharmacy (that thankfully don’t come encased in plastic!). But most of our OTC meds like ibuprofen don’t have lids like that and DO come with plastic “protection.” Even my protein powder plastic container is encased in clear plastic. :mad:

As the royals prepare to wind down for their summer break, Hello magazine has counted up the number of days each royal family member has spent on public engagements this year so far.

Meghan Markle - 16
Kate Middleton - 25
The Queen - 28
Earl of Wessex - 30
Prince William - 31
Prince Harry - 33
Duke of York - 37
Camilla - 42
Prince Charles - 58
Princess Anne - 73

Princess Anne is STILL the hardest-working royal | Daily Mail Online

The princes salute heroes of D-Day:
Harry joins tribute to the fallen and William repeats the speech his great-grandfather King George VI gave on the day of invasion

The Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge have paid tribute to the heroes of D-Day at commemorations in Britain.

The brothers, who both served in the Armed Forces, are leading the 75th anniversary services in the UK while their father Prince Charles, 70, joins world leaders for events in Normandy.

14447114-7111339-image-a-47_1559819884966.jpg

14447118-7111339-Prince_William_laid_a_wreath_at_the_Normandy_Campaign_Memorial_a-a-87_1559819046903.jpg
Prince William, 36, marked the occasion by delivering the D-Day address made by his great-grandfather George VI on the day of the 1944 invasion.

The address was made to a crowd of uniformed veterans and military personnel after he laid a poppy wreath at the Normandy Campaign Memorial.

14451672-7111339-image-a-96_1559824824865.jpg

'A supreme test has to be faced': George VI's speech delivered on D-Day - and spoken by William today

;) cont'd

14445722-7111339-The_Duke_of_Sussex_looked_sombre_as_he_observed_the_annual_Found-m-50_1559820555655.jpg
Prince Harry was at the Royal Hospital Chelsea to review its legendary scarlet-coat wearing residents on their annual Founder's Day Parade, which commemorates King Charles II founding the institution in 1681.

14447674-7111339-image-a-52_1559820633495.jpg

It is the nation's most famous retirement and nursing home for servicemen and women and currently houses some 300 veterans.

14452568-7111339-The_Duke_of_Sussex_was_sombre_at_the_Royal_Hospital_Chelsea_toda-m-104_1559826205406.jpg

Prince Harry, 34, donned military uniform to attend Founder's Day at the Royal Hospital Chelsea, in London, where he met D-Day veterans and Chelsea Pensioners
:D Don't they both scrub-up pretty well

Prince William delivers a speech as he leads D-Day commemorations

Re: Baby Sussex christening. This article is from May 10 but gives some details about potential date, godparents, media coverage, etc.

When Is Baby Sussex's Christening? - When Will Harry and Meghan's Baby Be Christened

...A christening for the baby is expected this summer at St. George’s Chapel, where Harry and Meghan were married less than one year ago. The couple have apparently already discussed godparents with Harry’s royals cousin Zara Philips, and Princess Eugenie is said to be top of the list...

A lone piper plays on the Mulberry harbour at Arromanches in Normandy

p07cd75s.jpg

A lone piper marks the exact moment a British soldier landed in Arromanches

A lone piper has played in northern France to mark the time the first British troops landed on the beaches of Normandy on D-day 75 years ago.

_107256833_mediaitem107256832.jpg

Pipe Major Trevor Macey-Lillie, from East Ayrshire, performed on a piece of Mulberry Harbour , the huge sections brought from the UK to make a port.

The service was followed by a ceremony at Bayeux War Cemetery, where many of the fallen were buried.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-

DH and I shared Poutine at an eatery at Eaton Centre on one of our (many) trips to Toronto. Not really my cup of tea, but I had to try it once. Poutine is on the menu at The Salty Dog on Princess ships, so maybe I'll have it again next winter.
And while you were in TO besides the Eaton Centre you were likely at Royal Alexander or Princess of Wales :D

50AFDFC0-360D-486F-A577-A80FDE268B78.jpeg 2539EC93-4AB1-422D-B405-1A2D9F1147F5.jpeg 32FA3D95-5FB8-49B6-88CF-D18B5339E34E.jpeg

Re: Baby Sussex christening. This article is from May 10 but gives some details about potential date, godparents, media coverage, etc.

When Is Baby Sussex's Christening? - When Will Harry and Meghan's Baby Be Christened

...A christening for the baby is expected this summer at St. George’s Chapel, where Harry and Meghan were married less than one year ago. The couple have apparently already discussed godparents with Harry’s royals cousin Zara Philips, and Princess Eugenie is said to be top of the list...

Thank you very much for this BDE. Her Majesty is normally at Balmoral from mid July to September so Archie’s christening should be anytime from now to mid July.

Balmoral is said to be Her Majesty’s favourite residence the grounds look amazing.

The Queen arrives at Balmoral – but she won't be able to stay in her castle just yet

I believe Prince Phillip is formally and officially retired.

I guess all I had to do was google! Lol

@rosemadderlake you are correct!

Prince Philip NOT PRESENT for Trump: Where is Prince Philip during Trump's state visit?

Where is Prince Philip?
Prince Philip, 97, retired from official duties on August 2, 2017, and as such is not required to attend events such as this.

He is most likely in Sandringham, Norfolk, in a cottage on the royal estate, where he has spent most of his retirement.

I guess all I had to do was google! Lol

@rosemadderlake you are correct!

Prince Philip NOT PRESENT for Trump: Where is Prince Philip during Trump's state visit?

Where is Prince Philip?
Prince Philip, 97, retired from official duties on August 2, 2017, and as such is not required to attend events such as this.

He is most likely in Sandringham, Norfolk, in a cottage on the royal estate, where he has spent most of his retirement.

I wondered if we would see Prince Philip as the WWII veteran that he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member