The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the couple’s absence from Balmoral might have initially seemed as merely disappointing, now it has all the appearance of an outright snub. The Mail on Sunday understands the Queen is ‘hurt and disappointed’ at a time when she likes to bring her friends and family together. The annual Highland holiday is the Queen’s favourite time of the year and she was, according to a source, looking forward to ‘a few days of merry chaos’ with the great-grandchildren, including Archie.

It is understood Her Majesty is already ‘baffled’ by Meghan and Harry’s inability to steer clear of PR calamities, and is concerned that her beloved grandson and his new wife are failing to listen to their team of advisers.

Palace insiders ask: Has Meghan Markle's Balmoral snub upset the Queen? | Daily Mail Online

Her Majesty isn’t the only one baffled by the PR calamities.

Meghan in her denim dress
gettyimages-1166601994.jpg
Nice to see "Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Sussex" make such an effort in her presentation for such high profile public appearances :confused:
animated-spongebob-image-0017.gif
Brilliantly thought-out Meghan :rolleyes:
Nice subtle-snubs of British traditions as well as to The Queen
Gonna really help with the popularity rating innit? ;)

pngtree-red-white-blue-flat-wind-british-flag-children-png-image_3847861.jpg

public-opinion-GN15JJ.jpg

business-chart-down-4107459.jpg

Why Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Didn't Visit the Queen at Balmoral Castle This Summer

They didn't snub Her Majesty. In fact, they're "very close" with her.

• Meghan Markle and Prince Harry didn't snub the queen by not visiting her at Balmoral Castle this summer like most members of the royal family do.
    • The couple didn't schedule a visit to the monarch's Scottish residence because "they were both working through a majority of August" and often see her in Windsor, according to a source.
    • Harry and Meghan are "very close" with the sovereign, as their home, Frogmore Cottage is located in Windsor.
Did Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Snub the Queen's Invite to Balmoral Castle?

I think Her Majesty is forward thinking, and flexible. She demonstrated that over and over.

Maybe Frogmore was by design to allow easy informal access to QE in Windsor by her grandson whom she adores. She knows how sensitive he is to the press. I believe she wants his every happiness.

I also think it’s nice that Meghan is there at the US Open. Serena is a friend, and a very big deal in the US today. She obvi was able to go support Serena incognito before she met Harry.

Although I did read somewhere that a coach was superstitious and doesn’t want anything or anyone to jinx the game. Wimbledon was a disappointment. And so were the empty seats and no pictures fiasco surrounding Meghan.

But ces’t la vie.

Maybe Harry is having some fun being a Dad and the parent in charge for a couple of days. I hope so.
:rolleyes:
What I think of that PR attempt article...
900x1279.fit.wtbollocks_i.png

Why would you even think to boost Katie Hopkins numbers by re-posting her vile and bigoted comments.

Just say NO next time
:D
They're not re-posts, they were pulled from a Google Image Search

;) How on earth else could you try explaining the delightful 'Katie' to someone who's never heard of her?

Last edited:
So where is Harry?
;)
Somewhere in amongst this lot probably.
england-bulgaria-070919i.jpg

ENGLAND 4-0 BULGARIA :p

tenor.gif
England 4-0 Bulgaria AS IT HAPPENED: Harry Kane nets hat-trick as Three Lions ease to win

England made it to make it three wins from three in Group A of qualification for Euro 2020 as they beat Bulgaria 4-0 at Wembley thanks to a Harry Kane hat-trick.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1175077/England-Bulgaria-Euro-2020-qualifier-live-stream-TV-Channel-kick-off-time-latest/amp

So why does Harry not go to Balmoral?

Maybe Harry is there with Archie and we don’t know it. Or not. But I imagine his grandma isn’t the type to be petty about it, unlike the Daily Mail, et al. And I’m quite sure that she won’t share her feelings either way with someone who would be a “source” for the DM.
JMO

gettyimages-1166601994.jpg
Nice to see "Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Sussex" make such an effort in her presentation for such high profile public appearances :confused:
animated-spongebob-image-0017.gif
Brilliantly thought-out Meghan :rolleyes:
Nice subtle-snubs of British traditions as well as to The Queen
Gonna really help with the popularity rating innit? ;)
pngtree-red-white-blue-flat-wind-british-flag-children-png-image_3847861.jpg

public-opinion-GN15JJ.jpg

business-chart-down-4107459.jpg
Some site was describing that outfit as "glamorous".

I think not

I think Harry showing up at Balmoral alone is going to make Markle really look like she snubbed The Queen in favor of a yoga class and a tennis match. (Even worse if he brought Archie without her)

I also get the sense that Harry is peeling off from the Royal Family. No apparent socializing at all with William, the person he trusted most in life other than his mother. No effort to join his father or grandparents in their favorite places.

I also keep remembering that one classic thing a narcissist does is separate their prey from their friends and family, in essence making them believe the people they are the closest with are not to be trusted. I just keep seeing this in his behaviour. My personal opinion (not knowing them at all, of course) is that Harry will carry a lot of emotional damage from his mother's death and the aftermath and will be vulnerable because of that for a very long time. I hope he can resolve his issues and find a safe and happy life for himself and his child. Meanwhile, he seems to be getting manipulated by those who know how.... this blatantly commercial Travalyst promotion, which seems like a typical travel promotion company masquerading as "sustainable travel" ( I go on the Trip Advisor site, one of the Travalyst participants and there is not one word about Travalyst or sustainable travel at all). And, when confronted about it, could not come up with a reasonable answer.

Wow.....I won't put my amateur analysis on Harry...I think they all are a family with a lot of press on them and I like William and Harry and the Queen....

...I really think the Sussex’s should have been there. The are the Earl and Countess of Dumbarton, and have yet to make a visit.

I really feel this is a huge slight to The Queen and Prince Philip, to the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay, and to the Scottish public.
Have they even been to Scotland at all?:confused:

^ This I think needs highlighting :mad:
Frankly this IS disgraceful!

Note 'snub' : Older article dated 28th July 2019 - Not a tabloid

Prince Harry and Meghan 'snub' invite to Dumbarton - despite Scottish titles

220px-Arms_of_Douglas%2C_Earl_of_Dumbarton.svg.png
Prince Harry and Meghan have yet to visit Dumbarton after the Queen gifted them titles to the area.

As well as being known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the couple were given the title of Earl and Countess of Dumbarton by Harry's grandmother as a wedding gift.

According to the Sunday Mail, an official invitation has been sent to the couple along with a suggested itinerary.

But so far there has been no official response,

A source told the newspaper: “It’s understood that Harry and Meghan have been invited by the Lord Lieutenant but they have yet to accept it.

A visit from them would no doubt give the area a boost. It’s something people had been looking forward to.”...:(

Former submarine commander and Royal Navy rear admiral Gregory, was asked by the paper if the couple planned to visit the area.

He said: “At the moment all I can say is they are not".

There's no excuse for this, this basically is part of the job they're paid to do.

Prince Harry and Meghan 'snub' invite to Dumbarton - despite Scottish titles

Some site was describing that outfit as "glamorous".

I think not

I say NO to the dress! One thing you and I can agree on (Yay! :D) is that Meghan rarely has a sense of style and is often not dressed in a way that’s appropriate to the occasion or to her body type. She’s had a few hits but mostly misses IMO.

I just don’t get it. It’s sad. She could look fabulous and so often looks frumpy and unkempt. But when I think about it, many celebrities and some in the Royal Family are atrocious dressers. We “commoners” probably put ourselves together a lot better on tiny budgets and with less optimal body shapes. :p

Unfortunately, Meghan doesn’t take our well-meaning advice. Sigh. :(

Meghan is criticized for wearing designer clothes. Now she is criticized for wearing an $188 dress.

I have always been amazed at the derision of jeans. What are they, the cloth of the devil?

Meghan says she does not read things about her. I hope it is true as it is ridiculous.

The public has a revised idea of Diana. He brother rightly pointed out how cruel the press had been to her.

Let us not forget all of the stories that she was mentally ill.

I have always been amazed at the derision of jeans. What are they, the cloth of the devil?

According to my husband's grandma, yes :D

She was so horribly snobby about jeans that when she died a couple of the cousins (jokingly) threatened to wear double denim for her funeral.

I live in skinny jeans. Jeans with Converse, jeans with flip flops, jeans and a nice top to go out. Jeans rock!

According to my husband's grandma, yes :D

She was so horribly snobby about jeans that when she died a couple of the cousins (jokingly) threatened to wear double denim for her funeral.

I live in skinny jeans. Jeans with Converse, jeans with flip flops, jeans and a nice top to go out. Jeans rock!

Well, I will say they cover a multitude of flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member