The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now here is something of substance that needs to be addressed!

But Harry & Meghan attended The Lion King premier instead of his unit's commemorative service.

As discussed upthread.

(I'll search for a link, see if we find that while I can Edit?)

Yes, needs to be addressed!

JMHO YMMV

ETA:: standard grammar, rolling eyes at myself here.

C4E476C3-B374-451C-82FE-A958CAFD2531.jpeg

I always loved seeing the first pics of both the boys... A hometown picture when they were cherubic and adorbs.

I thought it was a little odd that Archie was debuted in S. Africa, but maybe since Harry’s letter was released during the trip, that was also part of the narrative?

IMHO the UK Royals are in no way as on show as other monarchies, just look at the Swedes, they have their Christenings broadcast on TV or the Danish have their full wedding receptions on TV.

I think part of the problem is isolation. When you think about Harry, he has grown up essentially in communities his whole life, when you think of Kensington Palace, Eton, the Army etc, there always lots of people around and also just being in London, we know he had a lot of close friends. He seemed to drop them and has moved to a place without neighbours essentially. I think Harry no longer has anyone to keep his feet on the ground and for want of a better phrase make fun of him, I have no doubt that new friends like Ellen are treating him with incredible deference.

I don't agree with some of this article but this paragraph stood out to me:

"This is the return of the pre-1960s monarchy. Of a monarchy that presumed it could influence what the newspapers were allowed to publish. Of a monarchy so distant from everyday life and so cut off from the principles of freedom and open debate that it believes it can lecture the press – the ‘low press’ in particular – about their behaviour and their output. Behind the velvet glove of the younger PC royals there lurks the iron fist of that old-world monarchism that presumed the right to live free of the barbs and insults of the mob. Harry and Meghan might use the PC language of victimhood to assert their monarchical privilege – describing themselves as victims of bullying and racism – but the impact is the same as when earlier royals asserted their God-given right never to be criticised by the lower orders: people are shamed for daring to ridicule the royals.

Sorry, no. The age of deference is over."

Harry and Meghan’s war on press freedom

View attachment 207977

I always loved seeing the first pics of both the boys... A hometown picture when they were cherubic and adorbs.

I thought it was a little odd that Archie was debuted in S. Africa, but maybe since Harry’s letter was released during the trip, that was also part of the narrative?
Yes, a photo exactly like that. Casual, maybe kind of homey, sweet.

I think it's a slight to the UK public to debut Archie in South Africa, and it's very curious to make a huge point of his meeting with Rev. Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

But no photos of him since the christening.

But then, we already know Elton John & David Furness got a good look at him.

"I thought it was a little odd that Archie was debuted in S. Africa, but maybe since Harry’s letter was released during the trip, that was also part of the narrative?"

The only connection I can make is that I think both Elton John and Rev. Archbishop Tutu are those super-secret godfathers to Archie? Maybe that explains the private audiences....... hmmm. (And again, that icky smell of celebrity worship creeps in. If you want to have a child raised in privacy and away from notoriety and paparrazzi, for goodness sake don't make Elton John and Rev Desmond Tutu godfathers. MHOO, MHOO, MHOO)

Last edited:
court until 2021 at the earliest so we will see what happens between then and now

Thats some of the problem, the amount of time this could take. I think public opinion is largely on their side about the letter being published for now but if something happens like Thomas Markle dies or the other case is lost or they keep flying private, they could have lost public support before they start.

I think if it does go to trial it will not be good for them, there is no way the friends wrote the article without approval and I think asking or approving of your friends doing something like that will not go down well.

While searching for articles on T. Markle releasing the letter to defend himself, I saw a
sidebar article about Harry being advised by the
Royals not to go forward with the lawsuits.
If true, maybe that's why they weren't given the
royal welcomes and maybe that's why the special audience with Tutu. They were bucking
the royal system. ??
sorry, no link. moo.
Maybe MM wants all this press for an upcoming reality show ala Kardashians.

While searching for articles on T. Markle releasing the letter to defend himself, I saw a
royal welcomes and maybe that's why the special audience with Tutu. They were bucking
the royal system. ??
sorry, no link. moo.

Keeping up with the Windsor’s would make good tv.

I wonder how Her Majesty feels about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s lawsuits when Globe Magazine is accusing her of ordering Epstein’s murder.

42177F1E-E89A-4C7E-9F06-27210C70732D.jpeg

the royal system. ??
sorry, no link. moo.

Not ashamed to say I would definitely watch a MM/PH reality show.

“Harry and Meghan today join forces with William and Kate to lead a government campaign that promises to revolutionise mental health.

The four royals have reunited to launch an NHS resource that will provide personalised advice for people struggling with stress, depression or poor sleep.

From today, millions of Britons can use the Every Mind Matters website to receive a tailored 'action plan' containing clinically-proven steps to improve their mental health.

In a moment of television history, a short film promoting the new resource will be broadcast simultaneously across all commercial channels at 8.45pm tonight.”

Royals in `television takeover´ for mental health campaign | Daily Mail Online

EB37E8EA-C2CB-4E35-96EE-3514D0C3D436.jpeg
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...levision-takeover-mental-health-campaign.html
This is a great initiative. I hope it helps people too many people are suffering from mental health issues and too many are tragically taking their own lives. If you are struggling with your mental health please talk to someone and know you are not alone. Organisations like the Samaritans can be a great help

The Queen brightens up a dreary day in a chic grey ensemble...
dce3b6d8-2591-450d-a6ba-bcdf012eb1d1-jpeg.207911
She's not smiling :(

Yes, a photo exactly like that. Casual, maybe kind of homey, sweet.

I think it's a slight to the UK public to debut Archie in South Africa, and it's very curious to make a huge point of his meeting with Rev. Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

But no photos of him since the christening.

But then, we already know Elton John & David Furness got a good look at him.

"I thought it was a little odd that Archie was debuted in S. Africa, but maybe since Harry’s letter was released during the trip, that was also part of the narrative?"

The only connection I can make is that I think both Elton John and Rev. Archbishop Tutu are those super-secret godfathers to Archie? Maybe that explains the private audiences....... hmmm. (And again, that icky smell of celebrity worship creeps in. If you want to have a child raised in privacy and away from notoriety and paparrazzi, for goodness sake don't make Elton John and Rev Desmond Tutu godfathers. MHOO, MHOO, MHOO)

Bbm: I can see how royal fans would feel excluded. The optics - the importance of baby’s introduction to a world spiritual leader before the home team.

Bishop Tutu has known the BRF for a long time over the decades. He is a very beloved soul, and Bishop. How could they not visit the good reverend?

And, both these men are too old to be GF’s, aren’t they? . I’m not sure clergy fulfill that role either.

I think they chose someone on the homeland. Archie will be going to a certain school and will be confirmed in he Anglican Church. Right?

Well maybe one celebrity...

I had three godparents. They would check in and keep in touch. It was nice.

IMHO the UK Royals are in no way as on show as other monarchies, just look at the Swedes, they have their Christenings broadcast on TV or the Danish have their full wedding receptions on TV.

I think part of the problem is isolation. When you think about Harry, he has grown up essentially in communities his whole life, when you think of Kensington Palace, Eton, the Army etc, there always lots of people around and also just being in London, we know he had a lot of close friends. He seemed to drop them and has moved to a place without neighbours essentially. I think Harry no longer has anyone to keep his feet on the ground and for want of a better phrase make fun of him, I have no doubt that new friends like Ellen are treating him with incredible deference.

I don't agree with some of this article but this paragraph stood out to me:

"This is the return of the pre-1960s monarchy. Of a monarchy that presumed it could influence what the newspapers were allowed to publish. Of a monarchy so distant from everyday life and so cut off from the principles of freedom and open debate that it believes it can lecture the press – the ‘low press’ in particular – about their behaviour and their output. Behind the velvet glove of the younger PC royals there lurks the iron fist of that old-world monarchism that presumed the right to live free of the barbs and insults of the mob. Harry and Meghan might use the PC language of victimhood to assert their monarchical privilege – describing themselves as victims of bullying and racism – but the impact is the same as when earlier royals asserted their God-given right never to be criticised by the lower orders: people are shamed for daring to ridicule the royals.

Sorry, no. The age of deference is over."

Harry and Meghan’s war on press freedom

This was SO good. TY for posting.

Unless he's paid*, I doubt Thomas Markle would go to England to volunteer as a witness
in a trial. And I don't believe he could be forced to involuntarily.
But we all know he does some swarmy things for money, so who knows what he would do.
Wouldn't that be a dig that he didn't get to see
England for the wedding but he might for a
trial against her and PH.
Wouldn't they use a video link?
* This is Rupert Murdoch we're talking about here :D... money's not gonna be a problem. He'll pay whatever's he feel's is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie