The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It scares me when people refer to taking a polygraph as something an innocent person should do. NO ONE should be taking polygraphs. They should be illegal. They are inadmissible in court because they are ridiculous pseudoscience. The most they show is that you are willing to take a polygraph.

The truth is a polygraph typically doesn't work for psychopaths and sociopaths of which a killer usually is one. They only work on people that show empathy. They however are administered to help the police decide if someone should be investigated more or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my legally uneducated pea brain, I got the impression Mary Lacy published the exoneration statement because the perp was dead. PR died June 2006.

JonBenét Ramsey Killer Was Her Brother Burke, Dr. Werner Spitz*Believes

September 19, 2016 2:01 PM

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) Near the 20th anniversary of JonBenét Ramsey’s brutal death, famed expert Dr. Werner Spitz told CBS Detroit he has no doubt who killed her.

Dr. Spitz, 89, a retired Wayne State University professor and world-renowned authority on causes of death, is serving as the pathology expert on a CBS series that re-visits one of the biggest unsolved crimes of the century.

On last night’s premiere of the series “The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey,” Spitz forwarded a theory that Ramsey was killed by a heavy flashlight that was seen in crime scene photographs on the family’s kitchen counter top the next day. He showed through demonstrations on the CBS special that the fatal injury to the 6-year-old’s skull matched the flashlight’s outer rim, though no DNA was ever discovered on the device.

The show’s debut also revealed it didn’t take much force for a heavy flashlight to crack a little girl’ skull.

In fact, a child could do it.

And a child did, Spitz believes...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09...r-was-in-the-family-dr-werner-spitz-believes/

Many years ago, there was a show called 'PrimeTime Live'. One of the stories they did was about the veracity of polygraphs. The producers concocted a story about missing very expensive camera equipment. 3 polygraphers were brought in to test 3 different interns. Before the test, the producers told each polygrapher who they suspected, giving a each a different suspect. Guess what! Each tester told the producers they were correct in their suspicions.

Bottom line, NONE was correct!

JonBenét Ramsey Killer Was Her Brother Burke, Dr. Werner Spitz*Believes

September 19, 2016 2:01 PM

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) Near the 20th anniversary of JonBenét Ramsey’s brutal death, famed expert Dr. Werner Spitz told CBS Detroit he has no doubt who killed her.

Dr. Spitz, 89, a retired Wayne State University professor and world-renowned authority on causes of death, is serving as the pathology expert on a CBS series that re-visits one of the biggest unsolved crimes of the century.

On last night’s premiere of the series “The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey,” Spitz forwarded a theory that Ramsey was killed by a heavy flashlight that was seen in crime scene photographs on the family’s kitchen counter top the next day. He showed through demonstrations on the CBS special that the fatal injury to the 6-year-old’s skull matched the flashlight’s outer rim, though no DNA was ever discovered on the device.

The show’s debut also revealed it didn’t take much force for a heavy flashlight to crack a little girl’ skull.

In fact, a child could do it.

And a child did, Spitz believes...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09...r-was-in-the-family-dr-werner-spitz-believes/

This article is amazing. Screenshots need to be taken of it, because it probably won't be up long.

YES! Great observation. This has always amazed me! WTH was he supposedly doing during the call, twiddling his thumbs? He's way too "in charge" to have delegated such a crucial task to PR if he believed JBR had been kidnapped. I don't even think he would have called the police (if she had been kidnapped). He would likely have "handled it" himself or with his peeps. Or if he did call LE, he would have made sure their presence and involvement would have remained clandestine. There's no way he would have allowed marked police cars and family friends all over the property if he believed she had been kidnapped.

Do you think he was aware he can't fake genuine emotion or display any at all ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Watching the DP interview right now...and Dr. Phil is like my tv husband, I love him so much, but I can only assume he owed LW a favor for the softball approach he took in this. But one thing he brought up I found interesting, was another break in, sexual assault that occurred nearby 6 months after JBR's death.

Dogface, you may not be aware, but there is a reason DP was so "softball" in his approach, as you correctly stated. (Frankly, I think "softball" is being generous -- I'd call if flat-out pro-Ramsey bias). Anyway -- Dr. Phil and his wife Robin HIRED LIN WOOD OVER THE SUMMER to represent THEM in their separate lawsuit against the National Enquirer for $250M. Dr. Phil NEVER disclosed this to viewers (unless he did so today - I haven't watched today's segment yet) and this obvious conflict of interest absolutely should have been disclosed to viewers. Incidentally, I attempted to post about Dr. Phil's failure to disclose that fact that he and the Ramseys now share the same attorney THREE separate times on the Dr. Phil message board. And guess what? The moderators blocked my post EVERY time. I have lost ALL respect for Dr. Phil. He shows zero ethics and integrity in my book for this blatant omission in my opinion.

I think it could explain why Patsy's call didn't disconnect when she hung up, JR doesn't know and is still listening on the extension but with a hand covering and muffling the voices.

I have a phone that hangs on the wall that does not always disconnect when I put the receiver back in the cradle. I will think it hung up and walk by later and hear it beeping at me.

Dogface, you may not be aware, but there is a reason DP was so "softball" in his approach, as you correctly stated. (Frankly, I think "softball" is being generous -- I'd call if flat-out pro-Ramsey bias). Anyway -- Dr. Phil and his wife Robin HIRED LIN WOOD OVER THE SUMMER to represent THEM in their separate lawsuit against the National Enquirer for $250M. Dr. Phil NEVER disclosed this to viewers (unless he did so today - I haven't watched today's segment yet) and this obvious conflict of interest absolutely should have been disclosed to viewers. Incidentally, I attempted to post about Dr. Phil's failure to disclose that fact that he and the Ramseys now share the same attorney THREE separate times on the Dr. Phil message board. And guess what? The moderators blocked my post EVERY time. I have lost ALL respect for Dr. Phil. He shows zero ethics and integrity in my book for this blatant omission in my opinion.

Well, I should be eating crow right now after a post I made last week about Dr Phil and how he's no dummy, he's not fooled, yada yada yada. OMG that defense of Burke and the Ramseys QandA was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. He and L Lin Wood must be two disgusting peas in a legal bullchit pod. I'm sick.

I haven't read this thread yet but I just wanted to add that to casuals (on another forum not connected to anything true crime) are not fans of this CBS special. They feel that A&E is the more scientific of the two and that CBS only covers the angle of the Ramsey's did it and that it is all fake crime scene stunts. I had to stop participating in that thread before my head exploded.

I haven't read this thread yet but I just wanted to add that to casuals (on another forum not connected to anything true crime) are not fans of this CBS special. They feel that A&E is the more scientific of the two and that CBS only covers the angle of the Ramsey's did it and that it is all fake crime scene stunts. I had to stop participating in that thread before my head exploded.

On social media (like Twitter), the reaction seems to be opposite.

Missed the Dr. Phil show from today. I've watched all of them this month and the CBS show is the best and most accurate. Now I wonder what Fleet White knows. Maybe Burke did say something to him that morning and Fleet hasn't been able to tell because of threats from the Ramsey legal team.

Your question is why didn't or why don't the police just name BR as the one who did it and say they had/have irrefutable evidence... and my answer is because the Boulder PD can't say it's "irrefutable." It would be the DA that would decide that and the DA is not going forward with charging any of them. Besides, "irrefutable" would mean there's not just the possibility or probability of it being BR, but that everyone else can absolutely be excluded. The evidence isn't *that* definitive.

My question had nothing to do with the Boulder PD. I did'nt even mention them. I said the makers of the ABC documentary said they were going to state a specific name of who killed JonBenet. I have no idea where you got I was talking about the Boulder PD since we were discussing what was going to be revealed in the documentary.

Of course it would be the DA to make that call. Its never been the duty of the police to confirm there is enough evidence to prove guilt. LE are simply the gatherer of the facts in evidence..then they turn it over to the DA. This man has been the DA since 2009 has he not? I just read an article about the current DA and he says he knows all about the Ramsey case and the evidence which he says has never been publicly disclosed and would only be shown if it ever went to trial. He said he would never disclose all the evidence they have and compromise this case. This implies the case according to him isn't solved and remains open with the possibility that someone may be tried for her murder one day.

Like I said earlier, I am much more interested in any statement the current DA may make than the documentary and surely the press will be wanting his comment on the ABC show.

What I DID say was if this case has the evidence where it would meet the probable cause threshold as to who would be arrested for her murder then the DA needs to come out and end all of this speculation. He can easily say the evidence points to so and so enough that he would be asking for an arrest and indictment against such person but due to the age of the defendant at the time of the murder it isn't possible for them to be arrested at this time. That is if it is Burke or even if it is Patsy he could also come out and say the evidence is there for probable cause to arrest and charge her but of course that cant be done since she is deceased.

I have seen in other murder cases where the DAs did come out and say so and so was responsible for the murder of someone but the offender died back in xxxx.

I rarely if ever mention the BPD because to me they were worse than keystone cops so to cover up their gross ineptness they quickly honed in on the parents did it and got tunnel vision.

I'm way behind, but what of the possibility that BR hit her on the head, but JR was the one who had been molesting her, and PR knew to some degree (perhaps in denial). JR would have a compelling reason to 1. keep the severely injured and dying girl out of the hospital to avoid a complete physical where the sexual abuse would be exposed (and JR did the garotte), and 2. to fake a sexual assault to cover evidence of the abuse.

I've read that people have discounted JR sexually abusing her because of a lack of history when he had two other daughters. Well, one of those older daughters is dead, and it's not uncommon for abuse victims to stay silent. And the biggie, for me, was that, unlike her half sisters, JBR was extremely sexuallized, dressed in provocative clothes, made up to look years older.

This would explain the garotte, the cover up...

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am going to have to miss tonight's program. Please post lots of info. Please! I am so appreciative of everyone's thoughts/reflections. I have a fever and need to go to bed at 8 with the kiddos.
Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same forum I have seen, I bet. Is it a certain vacation forum, a certain mouse?

I am seeing that said on several other media sites as well. I haven't watched any of the shows on JB nor do I plan to do so.

I hope you feel better Observation- fevers are no fun!

I am looking forward to tonight's show- I feel relieved that the truth is finally being told.

I despise Lin Wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members