The Crockpot - Case Related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either I read this earlier somewhere or Dormer repeated in 2. just his old thinking error. In fact,t here is still no connection between the GB4 and then all the others except SG, means, the legs, the toddler, the Asian and the dismembered prostitutes. Two distinct groups of victims, different MO, different time frame, an entirely different signature, a different body disposal displaying an entirely different mindset. In fact, there is nothing to connect those two groups but the vicinity and, as SK history 101 tells us, it is quite often, that there is more than one in an area. Especially if you have right behind the horizon an urban center of the size of NYC and only two fitting dumping areas left.

Peter

You aren't losing your mind. I just finished catching up on this case by reading through all of the posts (took a week) and many of you already posted the info about this meeting and discussed it.

Look at the date of the meeting. It's from December 2011. Very old news.

http://legis.suffolkcountyny.gov/clerk/cmeet/ps/2011/PS121511.pdf

This is the public safety minutes for Dec. 15, 2011. I haven't finished reading, but I'll give a couple highlights of what Dormer says:

1. Says all bodies (except SG) are connected
2. Says his reasoning why they are all connected
3. Says they did NOT receive a tip
4. Says it is NOT because of the Blackhawk fly-by they started searching
5. Says the SG case is being cleared as a "missing persons case" (opposed to being considered a murder investigation)
6. Says Marine Bureau Officers are first on scene at Oak Beach
7. Says State Police have 20 min. of SG 911 call
8. Says the beginning of SG case was treated as a "missing persons" case
9. Says the reason he believes SG is not connected to the other bodies is because of the DRIVER (none of the other girls had drivers)

(will edit after I finish reading)

bbm

I know it's been discussed but could someone explain the Marine Bureau... who are they and what do they do exactly? Why were they first on the scene?

Back in 1983 there were at least two rapes in a Buffalo suburb. The gals got raped off of a jogging/bicycle path. One of the gals was able to see the rapist fleeing in a car. A few days later when she got better she went into town and saw the car. She jotted down the license plate and gave it to the police.

The police interviewed the owner and he was ruled out as a suspect as he had an airtight alibi. OK, the lady must have been mistaken.

Time goes by and a man named Anthony Capozzi is arrested and convicted of two rapes and sent to prison for up to 35 years.Some time later there are a series of killings of woman. I am not sure if there was a sexual attack. I will assume there was. The earlier rapes and murders all happened in the same area.

The police formed a task force to investigate the murders. Having no real good leads they think about searching other crimes in the area. They find Capozzi. They would check out Capozzi to see if he was out of jail at the time. He was not. But they knew something wasn't just right, hey, why not re-investigate the rape case.....what else do we have to do. So they go back and speak to the owner of the car, the one with the alibi. They feel that this is no coincidence. The owner repeat the story but adds he didn't even the car on the day in question, he loaned it to his nephew. BINGO.

They put a tail on the guy and discreetly obtain his DNA from a coffee cup. It ties him to all the crimes. Cops go to the DA and tell him he has the wrong man in jail. It was the same DA that prosecuted Capozzi. He wasn't going to budge with Capozzi and throws them out of his office. The cops are incensed. They go to the local TV station and it goes over the air. Capozzi, a mentally ill man is finally released and the real killer goes to jail.

You should note the MO of the killer changed over a period of time. The earlier ones he didn't kill anyone, then he raised the stakes and started killing his victims.

In the Gilgo case we have 4 confirmed prostitutes that advertised on Craig;s List. We now have SG advertising on Craigslist. All of them are murder........ooops, SG died by accident, or so they would have you believe. No matter how she died she died as the result of servicing a customer she found from Craigslist. The other bodies appear to be from an entirely set of circumstances. We really don't know if they were prostitutes. But we know they are all dead.

Somewhere in all this is a CONNECTION. They just haven't found it yet. The connection may be direct, or very indirect, but there is a connection. You piece them together and you may find your killer(s).

-PS When the cops were told the nephew had the car they asked the man why didn't he tell that to the police years ago. He told them, they didn't ask me. Capozzi went to jail for 22 years. What made matters worse is when the DA was told this information he threw them out of his office. After the case was settled, DA Clarke retired for 'healh reasons."

This gave the detectives cause to wonder if there weren't more such victims. They would clear another person, a woman of a homicide she didn't commit. Gathered the evidence and brought it to the DA. Same result. Back to the Media for an encore. Gal is released. The lead detective is suspended for divulging confidential information to the papers on an ongoing investigation. What investigation, there was none.

bbm

I know it's been discussed but could someone explain the Marine Bureau... who are they and what do they do exactly? Why were they first on the scene?

I'm curious, too. Maybe I would have more luck FOILing the Marine Bureau (for the incident report) or the State Police (for the 911 call)? I would have thought if the SCPD didn't HAVE those records, they would have stated so in my initial denial. Maybe not?

Hawkshaw said,

"Somewhere in all this is a CONNECTION. They just haven't found it yet. The connection may be direct, or very indirect, but there is a connection. You piece them together and you may find your killer(s)."

You have more experience than anyone here solving homicides so, I am going to store that nugget of info as VERY useful! : )

Preceding the post, I just want everyone to know....this is what I have noticed the marine bureau doing. I do not know any of these guys, I try not to converse with them(im a fisherman), and this is all my observation and opinion of what these guys do in the Babylon area:

These guys are SCPD that are usually hanging around marinas, beaches, boat ramps.....water stuff. They usually drive ford expeditions so they can get out onto the 4wd access points as well as haul a boat off the ramp if they have to among other reasons. They have 40 foot patrol boats along with other toys. They also get involved with giving vehicle tickets on ocean parkway and robert moses parkway. It is not a shock that one of them was the first to arrive, in fact its very rational. If it were summer when this happened......one of them would hav emost likely been in the Oak Beach Parking Lot to be a witness,

Preceding the post, I just want everyone to know....this is what I have noticed the marine bureau doing. I do not know any of these guys, I try not to converse with them(im a fisherman), and this is all my observation and opinion of what these guys do in the Babylon area:

These guys are SCPD that are usually hanging around marinas, beaches, boat ramps.....water stuff. They usually drive ford expeditions so they can get out onto the 4wd access points as well as haul a boat off the ramp if they have to among other reasons. They have 40 foot patrol boats along with other toys. They also get involved with giving vehicle tickets on ocean parkway and robert moses parkway. It is not a shock that one of them was the first to arrive, in fact its very rational. If it were summer when this happened......one of them would hav emost likely been in the Oak Beach Parking Lot to be a witness,

Dormer said that the area is the Marine Bureau's patrol area normally so they would have been the first on scene.

Btw, do you have haddock there? We don't get that in FL and it's the only fish I actually like (that's not raw or shellfish).

You aren't losing your mind. I just finished catching up on this case by reading through all of the posts (took a week) and many of you already posted the info about this meeting and discussed it.

Look at the date of the meeting. It's from December 2011. Very old news.

It only took you a week to read all the posts? Was that in ALL the threads on this forum? I am impressed. I'm not doubting you or being sarcastic. I have been here for months and STILL haven't read them all. :what:

It only took you a week to read all the posts? Was that in ALL the threads on this forum? I am impressed. I'm not doubting you or being sarcastic. I have been here for months and STILL haven't read them all. :what:

I don't think I've even gone through every page to read the thread titles... forget reading through them all!

I don't think I've even gone through every page to read the thread titles... forget reading through them all!

I've ALMOST read them all. Right now I'm working on the Psychchological markers thread and the GB4 only thread. Everytime I read a new thread I learn something I didn't know before.

Bummer! All this talk about fish... now I'm hungry. You get any good shellfish around there? Muscles? Clam? The shellfish down here doesn't compare to up north. :(

All those, but especially steamers. A little more work to dig, but way worth it.

I've ALMOST read them all. Right now I'm working on the Psych profile thread and the GB4 only thread. Everytime I read a new thread I learn something I didn't know before.

I think I've only read through 3 or 4 entire threads.

I think I've only read through 3 or 4 entire threads.

There seems to be an infinate number. Its overwhelming but inch by inch I'm getting through them. Even the merry xmas 20whatever thread! Lol! I don't wanna miss a thing!

It took me two months, almost every day, all day. I didn't sign up for an account until about a month after I caught up on all the threads. I was afraid to post. Everyone seemed so knowledgeable and on top of things, I didn't feel I had anything to contribute.

It took me two months, almost every day, all day. I didn't sign up for an account until about a month after I caught up on all the threads. I was afraid to post. Everyone seemed so knowledgeable and on top of things, I didn't feel I had anything to contribute.

I spent a weekend reading through one thread before getting the nerve to sign up and post. I had done some sleuthing of the case before knowing about this board and coming on here. Now I'm hooked. ;) 3 months later and I still haven't read through everything here, which is why I hadn't realized the PDF I posted had been talked about before. ;) It wasn't all new news to me, but it was the most detailed I had read... in one spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member