The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope when the trial is finished and justice is being served for a LONG time (in a jail with LOTS of hardened criminals who scare the bejeevers out of GBC), that the girls are able to get on with the support and love of the Dickies. A surname change to Dickie would be a great place to shake off a little of the association of the BC clan. IMO

...and cuddles at bed time

Okay thanks. Then how did he not notice Allison there next to him or not. Geez.

Unless his argument is that he'd forgotten to plug it in and Allison must have. I'll do that for hubby sometimes if he forgets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had to garden today - chop an 60 metre long privet hedge 15 foot high.
The privet scratched into my arms and hands.
Guess what the scratches look like...
Graze marks - and they are a bit dotty, I think I have an allergy to privet.
They are a bit weepy on the top (sorry for the description) - like a welt, and the redness came up a while after. They looked angry and were itchy sore.

Any privet around the creek or bridge area?

Is anyone else getting worried about the words "beyond reasonable doubt" ?

The prosecution has not yet presented anything that isn't already in the committal documents. I'm hoping they have got lira up their sleeves because so far their argument isn't that strong IMO

The case is based on circumstantial evidence, and the prosecution is slowly adding to its case with each new witness. I believe the prosecution is being very methodical in its approach, building a clearer picture step by step. Finally, all the disparate strands will be woven together in the closing argument. Take heart "beyond reasonable doubt" does not mean that no doubt exists as to the guilt of the accused, only that no reasonable doubt is possible from the evidence presented.

Possibly a stupid question, don't mind me if so :p if GBC isn't in court on Monday, and as one poster said from memory, the jurors are going to where Allison was found, will there be any court on Monday?

:)

Indi Im sure they said there will be no court sitting monday because they don't know how long this will all take.

You know what?
Gerard made the bed. He would have known if Allison"s side had been slept in. How could he not know?
Exactly - and why would he be so vague about whether she slept in bed that night? You can hear the cogs turning in his head when he corrects himself in the 000 call - "when we went to bed.. when I went to bed"

Is it just to be deliberately vague - to muddy the waters and introduce the possibility that she has been taken by an intruder in the night?

OR is it because he knows her car could well be witnessed or caught on CCTV during the night?

He knows he can't have his fake alibi both ways - hence the vagueness.

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to everyone for their efforts in keeping us all up to date with the trial. I've had the last two days off work with the flu and while I feel horrible I was very grateful to have been able to catch up!

Incidentally, I went to the chemist today, imagine my horror when I got home and realised I'd worn black pants with a bright blue top!! (go NSW!) No wonder people were avoiding me like I had the plague, I may as well have worn a straightjacket - am I depressed or am I not? Should I go back and exchange my Coldral for Prozac? Or shall I wait until I start shaving with my fingernails?? :scared:

:floorlaugh:

If Allison was just having her hair streaked and touched up, it won't have taken 3 hours. Thursday night is busy in most salons and they try to fit people in and get them out as quickly as possible. I can have my hair coloured, cut and streaked in under 2 hours. It is not a long process. The other thing that intrigues me about the hairdresser is the phone records that show Allison ringing them at 4.48pm, not something you do if you are at the hairdresser!

Depends on the hair and what's already been done to it. I never get out of streaks, cut and blow dry in less than 4 hours.

Hair with natural red pigments takes longer to bleach than others, and in Allison's case, she'd had two colour treatments treatments in the preceeding week as well, so it might take longer again for those pigments to come out too.

And maybe if this was a freebie because of previous stuffups, they may have taken the time to really pamper her with the styling too.

And also in a busy salon, you can be left for a while (with conditioner on or whatever) while your stylist is doing someone else.

So I guess salon time can vary depending on a lot of factors ;)

I bet Gerred was packing it whenever a police officer looked at his phone that morning. Imagine if TM had called? I mean I'm sure he has her number saved as someone else eg Bruscilla Overland, but surely they'd ask who was calling?

Happy Birthday to you and your baby girl!!!

:bdsong:

My "baby girl" turned 38 yrs :blushing: on the 5th this month. :smile:

...and my BIG boy turned 31 last week (9th) :eek:

The prosecution has not yet presented anything that isn't already in the committal documents. I'm hoping they have got lira up their sleeves because so far their argument isn't that strong IMO

Yes, very. But we have to trust they had enough to take it to trial. There's a lot of witnesses yet. :please:

same :banghead::banghead:

I had to garden today - chop an 60 metre long privet hedge 15 foot high.
The privet scratched into my arms and hands.
Guess what the scratches look like...
Graze marks - and they are a bit dotty, I think I have an allergy to privet.
They are a bit weepy on the top (sorry for the description) - like a welt, and the redness came up a while after. They looked angry and were itchy sore.

Any privet around the creek or bridge area?

??????

Blessed are the Cheesemakers:takeoff:

Do you think there will be a cheesemaker on the stand poss? They seem to play such a recurring part in all this (owning house being "renovated" when hand was cut, owning home needing to be "vacuumed", owning car that was in an "accident", provided supporting affidavit for GBC at bail hearing, what else.....?)

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 44s

Police: When someone goes missing, we have to make sure everything is kosher. They say there "doesn't seem to be a reason". #badenclay

Gerard says Allison had been looking forward to going to the conference that day. "We discussed that last night." #badenclay

bbm

I find that expression very treasonable ...!!!

I'm still wondering if G charged his phone in the middle of the night. That should go in the time line too.

It's in one of the forensic statements - was returned to charger at something like 1:50 am and removed at 6am ish

I'll find the link for you if Marly hasn't already

Another thing I remembered from today, we were shown a photo of the empty zoloft packet found on the car, it was dated 3/3/2014. Not sure how many tablets there are in a packet as to it being empty on the 20th when it was found. I didnt know this but the packet was found sitting on the spare tyre outside of the car.

You know, I just don't get it. It is such a bone-headed thing to do, to murder one's spouse for the insurance money. One would have to commit "the perfect murder", so to speak, in order to get away from it. GBC, with all his umming and ahhing, really doesn't sound like he has thought his story through terribly well. This is why I keep wondering about an accidental escalation of a domestic incident. The sheer stupidity of it all - could anyone really be that stupid? And seemingly no consideration to leaving his daughters without a mother?

I'm showing some naïveté here I'm sure. It's so senseless. Wasteful. Cruel. Pardon me for musing.

Pardon me, but I think it needs to be said...

Go maroons!!

:clap:

Another thing I remembered from today, we were shown a photo of the empty zoloft packet found on the car, it was dated 3/3/2014. Not sure how many tablets there are in a packet as to it being empty on the 20th when it was found. I didnt know this but the packet was found sitting on the spare tyre outside of the car.

Depends on the brand, but most of them have 28 or 30 tablets and won,t dispense them within a certain number of days. So Allison probably had another packet as we'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa