The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - I've been working all morning, and have just sent my eyes into a spin whizzing through page after page - and have just caught up.

Nice work Todd Fuller, so far. That blog is going to get him undone - I think.

But Fuller can't let him off the hook - he has to question him about all sorts of stuff yet. But I AM impressed that they have the blog entry - perhaps the prosecution have been reading WS? ;)

OK - I'm strapped in and waiting for the afternoon session....

WB Doc - was thinking you must have been stuck in theatre and missing the party ;)

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

He says he told her that he'd had sex with Toni in the house but Allison didn't mind staying in the house after that #badenclay

It was only the sex-car that Allison didn't want to be in #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 57s

He also told Toni that he didn't love Allison #badenclay

But that was only to 'placate' Toni #badenclay

BUCKET!! Bugger too late :(

There's a lot of 'Allison' happening now, vs the teary 'Al's of previous days

Yes. I wondered if the use of Al was to remind himself of his wonderful loving relationship. And how he was supposed to portray that.
Today however, this is BUSINESS, real business.

"Because he didn't let her stay overnight"? . He has to be joking hasn't he?

GBC "didn't LET her (TM) stay overnight"
He gave TM permission to be in his and Allison's marital home and marital bed.
GBC in control. (yet so selective about what he is responsible/accountable for)

Sometimes he was victim to TM...
At times he gave TM his permission...
Other times (as with his three little girls) he'd merely raise the palm of his hand and keep walking... or tell TM "leave this to me" or similar.

jmo

Mr Mom blog first posted on WS 2nd May 2012....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7861043&postcount=823"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012[/ame]

Any WS troops in court today? Anyone able to tweet what is going on with this legal argument bit?

I feel so strange. Sick but almost weepy with relief?
But I keep thinking about how it must be today for Mr and Mrs Dickie; and also, if they were not in fact involved for GBC parents. Say whatever we will about them and their social deficiencies or background, or keeping their emotional heads in the sand vis-a-vis their children's activities, this is a terribly sad way for pride to go before the fall.
If only he had the guts to simply plead guilty, and spare them all.

Why do you say that? Surely that blog entry puts his entire evidence down as unreliable. And even if he says the blog entry was all false, surely that will have him labelled as a liar and spin merchant anyway?

Given the situation that GBC and Allison were in - the affair(s), the financial problems, the damning emails, the blood in the car, the scratches, etc etc - I'm just wondering what alternative explanation you or anyone can put forward as to WHO killed Allison? She sure as heck didn't kill herself. My response to your earlier post asking about evidence that excluded things such as jumping off the bridge, drowning, or overdose, should have answered all of that for you.

If it is all about Means, Motive, and Opportunity - we appear to be heading for a slam dunk, a lay-down misere. With no plausible alternative.

Yes I think the location she was found is what makes suicide unbelievable for me.

But I am still interested in what the other defence witnesses will say.

I think the defence has subtly suggested the other woman could be an alternative murderer.

Yes he is a liar and a spin artist and I think it's true he never intended to leave Allison for TM. He just wanted the best of both worlds. He told whoever was there whatever was the easiest thing for him at the time.

But there are hundreds of people like that about and thankfully they are not all murderers. This is good but has not gone far enough yet :)

"It wasn't sex as in intercourse, but umm, I don't know if I can really answer that question," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

what was it then?? did he put it in her ear??:dunno::eek:hwow::noooo:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Do you think they're going to complain that he wasn't under oath when he wrote that, therefore it needs to be discounted?

It shouldn't matter that it wasn't made under oath. The prosecution are trying to show that he has been inconsistent i.e. the blog entry is inconsistent with his claims that he basically ran the household single-handed all the time. It's a legitimate way of cross-examining someone. They could be objecting that the prosecution hasn't laid the foundation for it or that it's irrelevant though.

So he kept having sex or whatever it was with her because she was fragile, he just wanted sex or to keep her in the business? Can't make up his mind can he....

GBC "didn't LET her (TM) stay overnight"
He gave TM permission to be in his and Allison's marital home and marital bed.
GBC in control. (yet so selective about what he is responsible/accountable for)

jmo

In TMs statement #4 she said she visited there twice, but was never comfortable going there, and never went into the master bedroom. She's said elsewhere that she didn't like the house, and found it depressing.

From that it sounds like it was his idea for her to stay over, not hers. (Prolly cos he needed to be home if Allison called)

And really "Let" her? Do the delusions of superiority never stop?

He reminds me of my first husband he slept with everyone all the time too

1:06pm: Court has adjourned for lunch and will resume at 2.30pm.

1:05pm: Mr Fuller has turned his attention to a blog written by Mr Baden-Clay about his wife's 40th birthday when Mrs Baden-Clay visited a health spa for a week.

Mr Fuller read from the blog: "The past week I have been trying to do my best impersonation of my dear wife, and struggling."

The court has previously heard Mr Baden-Clay claim his wife left most of the household duties to him due to her battle with depression.

He has told the court Mrs Baden-Clay would go to bed, as soon as he arrived home from work, leaving the tasks of making dinner and putting the children to bed to him.

Mr Baden-Clay's defence barrister Michael Byrne QC raised a matter with Justice John Byrne.

The jury was excused from the courtroom.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36BR6KroA

FromTodays postings of msm tweets from WSers...

Todays GBC 'I cant remember':

He said Toni McHugh called him and it was during that conversation he told her his wife would be attending the same real estate conference as her the next day.

“That conversation, I can’t remember all of the details of it, but Toni was not pleased about the fact Allison was going to be at the conference the following day and I basically didn’t say very much and really didn’t respond to that,” he said.
-----
He said police arrived at the home about 8am but he couldn’t remember the time exactly.
-----
Gerard says he can't remember why he told her he loved her on three occasions in the April communication. #badenclay
-----
Fuller says Toni gave him an out that day. Gerard says he can't remember. #badenclay
-----
Fuller says he even spoke about a car that would fit his children and hers. Gerard says he actually doesn't remember that. #badenclay
-----
12:34pm: Mr Fuller: "When did you first tell Allison that you didn't love her?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "I can't remember. I did tell her that on an occasion, but I can't remember."
-----
Fuller says Toni told him if he needed to be with his wife, to tell her. Gerard said "no, I will be leaving my wife". #badenclay

Gerard says he is being asked to comment on something he can't remember.*
-----
Gerard says he doesn't remember that. He remembers telling Toni they needed to end the physical contact. #badenclay
-----
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Fuller is asking Gerard about a blog he wrote about Allison's 40th birthday #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 59s
Gerard says he can't remember, asks if it is a blog he wrote about his favourite day of the year. It's not #badenclay
---
Baden-Clay said he did not remember talking to Ms McHugh about the type of car they would buy, as she had three sons.
-----
Baden-Clay said he could not remember telling Ms McHugh he wanted to leave his wife but wasn’t ready yet in December, 2011.
-----

IMO Fuller may still be able to get the self incrimination and taking the fifth to the jury.
Fuller may ask about the self incrimination search based on the phone records on the morning Allison disappeared.
Which would mean GBC would need to explain based on his statement that he had search taking the fifth and self incrimination popped up approx 30 hours later.

.05pm: Gerard Baden-Clay said he did not regard himself as in a relationship with Ms McHugh by April 19, 2012.

“We hadn’t seen each other for a number of weeks at my urging because I was trying to assist her to end any idea she had that there was some sort of relationship with me or future with me,” he said.

“I wanted her to be able to be the one to control the … to tell me where to go, basically.”

Mr Fuller: “Who was more important to you Mr Baden-Clay, your wife or Ms McHugh?”

Baden-Clay: “Allison, absolutely, Allison.”

He agreed he told counsellor Carmel Ritchie from the outset that his wife did not trust him.

Baden-Clay said he told Ms Ritchie he was concerned about his wife “bringing up repeatedly painful things from the past”.

“I felt that for Allison it was unhelpful for her to constantly revisit those things that were painful for her,” he said.

He said Ms Ritchie convinced him that it would be helpful, because she gave a structure to the process.

He said he did not agree to the counselling session just to placate his wife.

“I wasn’t having an affair with Carmel Ritchie and I wasn’t having an affair with my wife,” he said.

Baden-Clay agreed he met Ms McHugh at a coffee shop and told her it was “too hard” to keep going as they were.

He said Ms McHugh pressed him to give a date for when he would leave the marriage.

Baden-Clay agreed he told her he would be out of his marriage by July 1, 2012.

Mr Fuller asked Baden-Clay whether Ms McHugh gave him an “out” that day.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48