The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray @TheMurrayD · 26s
Fuller says friends put in $270k, he didn't put in any. Gerard laughs, says he put in money over the years

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 5s
Gerard says he never considered 'closing the doors' on the business #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s
Fuller says they were looking at closing the doors in 2011. Gerard says his partners were, he wasn't. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s
Fuller asks whether the business had many assets. Gerard says aside from furniture and rent roll, nothing. #badenclay

What about the photocopiers and printers for the full colour brochures he talked about yesterday or were they just leased? So people had the impression they were assets?

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 18s
Fuller: you were looking at closing the doors 2011. Gerard: no, partners were #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s
Gerard says the 2011 floods "knocked us around". #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 25s
Fuller: it was compounded by the floods. Gerard: we would have been able to trade out without the floods #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 51s
He says the Queensland floods 'really knocked us around' #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Fuller asks what she was doing. Gerard said it wasn't an active role. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 31s
Gerard says Jocelyn owned 50 per cent of the rent roll and stayed involved. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 59s
Fuller is arguing with Gerard about the partners participation in the business after they left. #badenclay

I am just so pleased he is asking questions all out of order. This is where GerRed will slip up, FOR SURE !

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 4s
Fuller: pressure on you, didn't want to be tied to old partners. Gerard: I wanted control of the rental business #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 41s
One of his partners left the business and went to work for somebody else #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s
Fuller: You didn't want to be tied to her anymore. Gerard: I wouldn't say that. I wanted to have control of the rental business. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 41s
Fuller says Jocelyn had gone to work for someone else. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 37s
But she still owned half of what was known as the 'rent roll' - money from rentals #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 13s
Fuller: your friends were missing out on interest, you were risking their capital #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 48s
Fuller: you had to turn to your three friends. Gerard: you've got your timing wrong #badenclay

Ooooooooo

he's getting tetchy -- tetchey-er

Thanks laserdisc10

Maybe just me, but not 'feeling it' and can't relate - Fuller & GBC without some emotional context are just coming across as sharing a chat over coffee.

More emotional context from the court room would be helpful.

Not to burden you though.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s
Gerard is being asked about his agreement with his three friends regarding their $90,000 loans. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 4s
Friends who had lent money to him were trying to put a plan in place for Gerard to pay them back #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s
Gerard says they were still to determine the terms in April 2012, even though he had already been leant the money. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 29s
Fuller says this is despite their due diligence investigation of the business financials before they gave him the money. #badenclay

BBM

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 29s
Gerard: we called our Lexus 'Midi', I joked it stood for midlife crisis #badenclay

HOW DARE HE JOKE, poor Allison on her birthday, with her Mum and Dad watching him!!!!! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa