The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah where was he going with that treadmill, bed and phone charger thing?? I didn't get the climax of the point.

Thank you also to everyone for posting the tweets here today. Much appreciated, made things easier !!
For Allison to have plugged the phone in there without waking him at 2:00am she would have had to climb silently, in the dark over the treadmill and find the cable. Not likely!

The screwdriver is plausible imo. If you're using it with your right hand and holding something in your left, it's possible to slip and hurt your left. I'm sure i've done it before. It's really not important in the big scheme of things.

Yes but he cut his right hand, and he's right handed. :)

But Fuller didn't ask if they were in the photo did he? GBC just deflected to the photo in his answer, which in itself is suspicious.

I caught that too - his reference to the photo instead of a proper answer. Plus I think the question was asked again and he still only gave a dismissive answer about not seeing them in the photo. I thought he was being a bit snarky, as well as evasive at the time.

I saw a photo or clip of him texting with his left hand.

So he is ambidextrous? As well as omnipotent?
Fear not faithful friends; Fearless Fuller will fathom the depths of all this.
I have no doubts whatsoever about this Fuller fellow. He is Fantastic!

And Oh Trooper! What you missed today! Oh Oh Oh!

1 July 2014. The day of a certain someone's undoing. Indeed a day to remember.
Allison June Dickie Baden Clay, you have touched a nation.

Folks we still don't do rumours thanks.

They just muddy the ole waters & they're already pretty darn muddy

I wonder if he gave himself an uppercut in the prison van on his way back to his new home for being such a dill for thinking by going into the box he would sail through this and come out smelling like a rose?

Guilty Gerry!!!:floorlaugh:

Lol never - he'd find someone else to blame.

Straight out the bedroom door, across the 'Rumpus' room to what looks like a sliding door to the back paved area.
Opposite end of the house to where those 3 dear little girls were asleep.

Exactly!

Thanks - those court notes are great. Esp the little details of reactions etc.

Yes I think so too. I'm still interested to hear if Fuller's questions were delivered in such rapid fire succession as I was imagining as I was reading here today. Good to know that GBC was apparently getting visibly rattled as well. :)

Just a question about post sentencing (presuming there is one), what are we Alison baden clay sleuthers going to do? I feel we have created such a tight community brought together from a tragic event that I will miss you guys. The case has been a considerable focus for us but there has been such an accepting environment regarding our own struggles with anxiety, depression, violent spouses, fainting kids, lung transplants etc it would be a shame to lose that connection. .... maybe WS could create a thread called "Alison Baden-Clay withdrawal support group" and we could pop in for a chin wag and a cyber cuppa from Marly every now and again. I would hate to think that our only interactions were as a result of other unfortunate murderous events! Have really enjoyed the discussions, humour and the out pouring of empathy and sorrow for the BC girls and Mr and Mrs Dickie.

Lovely plan *advertiser censored*

Oh well if Marly can't find it i'll give up - spent quite a while trying google and youtube earlier and nothing. >.<

But i do remember seeing it 2 years ago with her talking about GBC tripping or something and dinging his head.

Rewatching other vids of hers from around that time is as disturbing as watching his. Don't know what she thought was going on but she was clearly acting strangely.

Yes it was the unedited version of the "little bit hurt" news video. From memory it was 7News.

Speaking of being "hurt"....

Kind of hmmm odd that he was just a "little bit hurt" following a car crash yet from shaving he was "hurt a lot" :rolleyes:

From yesterday....

He said he pushed down “quite firmly” on the skin, pulled down and flicked up and cut himself the first time.

“That hurt a lot,” Mr Baden-Clay said

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...971959208?nk=85bfb3c1973b74090a1ca465c0a1221a

That little bit hurt news video has to be one of the most cringe-worthy, overacted pieces I have ever seen. I'd bet a lot of minds were made up after watching that a couple of times.

Just a question about post sentencing (presuming there is one), what are we Alison baden clay sleuthers going to do? I feel we have created such a tight community brought together from a tragic event that I will miss you guys. The case has been a considerable focus for us but there has been such an accepting environment regarding our own struggles with anxiety, depression, violent spouses, fainting kids, lung transplants etc it would be a shame to lose that connection. .... maybe WS could create a thread called "Alison Baden-Clay withdrawal support group" and we could pop in for a chin wag and a cyber cuppa from Marly every now and again. I would hate to think that our only interactions were as a result of other unfortunate murderous events! Have really enjoyed the discussions, humour and the out pouring of empathy and sorrow for the BC girls and Mr and Mrs Dickie.

I'm deeply saddened by the thought of possibly only a week away, that's it, finite, adios amigo and good night Irene.

Who else can we clown about but still discuss important earth shattering problems like roundabout cameras, koppers logs, various types of caterpillar bites and random sexual acts in the back of 4x4s in Doc Watson's driveway.
One thing though, I've toughened up after reading an autopsy and learning about phones pinging off towers, inside out and upside down.
Seriously I'm gonna need a shrink!
I will miss the mutual respect and love from you sweet <modsnip>. :)

:truce:

In the US courts, we call this a sidebar. There are way too many of them in these parts. Aussie court is impressive with how they get right to business.

Kimster, in the Casey Anthony trial, they all seemed to spend more time at the side bar than anywhere else, and I watched it right through.

Yes it was the unedited version of the "little bit hurt" news video. From memory it was 7News.

Speaking of being "hurt"....

Kind of hmmm odd that he was just a "little bit hurt" following a car crash yet from shaving he was "hurt a lot" :rolleyes:

From yesterday....

He said he pushed down &#8220;quite firmly&#8221; on the skin, pulled down and flicked up and cut himself the first time.

&#8220;That hurt a lot,&#8221; Mr Baden-Clay said

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...971959208?nk=85bfb3c1973b74090a1ca465c0a1221a

Oops. That little bit hurt skidded right over my head this time!
The so called shaving wounds (savage) caused "a BIG big hurt"
The car accident caused "a LITTLE bit hurt, but I'm OK now"

Not forgetting the "car accident" occurred whilst on his way for photographs that might later be incriminatory.

Could dirty clothes/shoes/bloody tarp have landed at Gold Coast?

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 4s
The Crown wants to know why Gerard felt the need to meet up with Toni after Allison went missing #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 37s
Gerard says he doesn't know if Toni had anything to do with Allison's disappearance but he presumes she had nothing to do with it #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 37s
But he agrees that he contacted Toni after Allison went missing to ask her what she had told police #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s
Fuller says he hadn't bought luxuries like razor blades for some time. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s
Fuller says Gerard told police they were "on the bones of their arse". Gerard says he said they weren't flush with cash. #badenclay

Why would selling the business be something Toni wanted to hear such that it'd placate her?

My Bold...
Sorry if this has been answered already - I am in catch-up mode tonight...

It was a part of the promise that GBC told TM - about him leaving Allison and getting a divorce and playing happy families.

Whatever his motive - I think it had to do with this (below).
It would also indicate he was not trying to get rid of her - he was still 'verbalizing' a plan for the future.

From the Foresnic Application Order:

MCHUGH stated to Police that since her relationship with the defendant was re-commenced they often discussed their future plans together as a committed couple and stated that the defendant indicated that he hoped this would be effective towards the end of 2012. During these conversations the defendant had told her that he intended to leave BAYDEN-CLAY and made suggestion that BAYDEN-CLAY had knowledge of his intention to leave her. The defendant advised MCHUGH that he planned to ensure he was in a financially viable position to enable his divorce and to be able to establish a new life with MCHUGH.

Could dirty clothes/shoes/bloody tarp have landed at Gold Coast?

My thoughts too From Germany! Actually thought about that all along.
Moreover, was this the reason for that all important Gold Coast holiday? At such an all important time?

Te he! You might be in Germany physically, but methinks you are in beautiful Queensland Australia in spirit!

Oh my goodness, more than I had hoped for, what a day! (A bit more than somewhat distracted at work!)

The tooth that was broken was described as being sharp- the corner of the lower left canine, Allison would almost certainly have complained of the sharpness, (had it been broken the night before), it would have been driving her tongue crazy!

The world now can see exactly what GBC is. A disgusting, inadequate excuse.

This makes me think that possibly the blood in the car came from an injury to her tongue, lip, or the inside of her mouth because of the sharp broken tooth. very easy to see how a cut inside the mouth combined with saliva would dribble out of her mouth if she was placed in the back of the Captiva. This is just an idea and not fact, so please take it that way.

Thanks for all the tweets and updates. They are very much appreciated, especially as I don't do tweets and I don't live in Qld (though I grew up there).

Still hoping and praying for truth and justice to be served in this tragic case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa