The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few too many tears - a few years too late - its a stark contrast to the cool as a cucumber persona he had on the day Allison went missing he should have been crying and emotional broken but know he was deflecting and spinning his stories.

Yes - you'd think that if he was actually trying to *find* Allison, he'd start by asking the people she was closest too if they'd heard from her - friends, her family? Calling your own dad first seems more like "help I've stuffed up"

Absolutely... wouldn't you call her parents (and/or close friends) to see if they have heard from her or know her whereabouts... BEFORE calling 000?!

How did he know the body found was Allison? It hadn't been positively identified at that stage.

According to his testimony he read "online" that a body had been found.

Keep in mind the following...

Text copied TM's statement #4

21 Gerard never discussed insurances with me. I was never aware of a liability insurance policy for the business but every agency does have a public liability insurance police. I am aware that Nigel was previously a life insurance salesman because Nigel told me that. Nigel also told me that he was a former game warden in Africa. Nigel never tried to sell me a life insurance policy but did recommend that I take out a life insurance policy.

Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Stefan Armbruster ‏@StefArmbruster 59s

Baden Clay trial resumes #badenclay @SBSNews

Stefan Armbruster ‏@StefArmbruster 37s
Baden Clay trial resumes #badenclay @SBSNews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 45s
Prosecutor Todd Fuller begins his cross examination of #badenclay. @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Prosecution's cross examination of #badenclay is about to begin.

Hold on to your hats ladies and gents, going to be a bumpy ride! :scared:

do we have a barff bucket today?

I ordered a more practical sized barf bucket today.
10m-walk-in.jpg

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 50s

Trial resumes with This question: you deceived your wife for four years did you not? #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 49s

You led her to believe that she was the problem in the relationship? #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 22s

You led her to believe that things were over with Toni McHugh? #badenclay

in this tiny interval.. a blubbering over enthusiastic teary wringinghand kind of thanks to all the relayers of tweets.. fabulous job, and a big task undertaken with exquisite reliability..

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s

Todd Fuller has started his cross examination. #badenclay

Gerard says part of it was a fantasy. #badenclay

Fuller says he deceived Toni as well. #badenclay

Fuller says Allison was not the only person Gerard deceived. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard led Allison to believe things were over with Allison. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 41s
Pros opens with "Mr Baden-Clay you deceived your wife for nearly 4 years didn't you?" "Yes I did." @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s

Fuller has asked for the emails between Gerard and Toni to be shown again. #badenclay

Fuller: You'd given her a direct commitment hadn't you? Gerard: I sent that email. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 26s

You let Allison believe that you had chosen her over Toni didn't you?

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 57s

You didn't tell Allison that you kept sleeping with Toni did you? #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 43s
Cross examination of #badenclay has begun. Todd Fuller has kicked off by saying he deceived Allison for at least 4 years. @7NewsBrisbane

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 34s

But you didn't just deceive Allison did you? #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

You let Allison believe that you had chosen her over Toni didn't you?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s

Fuller says Allison had been working at their relationship, going to counselling, for years. #badenclay

Fuller says Allison still had hope for the relationship, was seeing a marriage counsellor. #badenclay

Fuller says what did Gerard mean when he emailed Toni saying "this is agony". #badenclay

Fuller says behind her back, Gerard was giving Toni commitments. Judge directs Gerard to answer the question. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
Judge asks Baden-Clay to keep his voice up so jury can hear. "Certainly, your honour" he replies #badenclay

Now he speaks softly. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member