The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth could all those fallen leaves have gotten entangled in her hair by running through the carport? Particularly those of the low growing species like the ferns?

Indeed. I was being ever so slightly facetious - suggesting that the defence may find it somewhat desperate to cross examine this witness. That'll be tomorrow's fun.

What are the chances that Allison would have been somewhere else, with exactly the same 6 species of plant life as she had at home, and met with foul play? And how are the defence going to tie in any argument against the botanist with a suicide theory?

I think they're going to start finding it a bit tougher....

Dr Watson, does depression necessarily mean someone is suicidal? Can a person be depressed but never contemplate suicide?

I have been suffering from depression since I was twelve. I can tell you that I have never been suicidal. But I am also afraid of dying so that may have something to do with it.
Been on every medication including Zoloft. One thing I can say is that after years of taking it, it stopped working perfectly so I was prescribed Cymbalta.
But this is all my experience and know from reading about other people that everybody reacts differently to depression and or prescriptions.

185 viewing :seeya:

It's lagging a bit! Thank you to those who posted updates today. I'm looking forward to hearing more on the plant matter in the footwells and hopefully some DNA matching of the plant materials too!

a thousands thanks to Aimee, prime suspect, dr sleuth for the tweet relay..

*bows*

I think the defence will say that the plant matter in the footwell was trampled in their earlier then April 19th, that it had nothing to do with what was in Allison's hair.

Thanks to everyone involved in keeping us updated :yourock:

All the gardens have been ripped up at the house. Glad there's before photos

I think it's a real shame that there wasn't some kind of court order that the house was to be left as is until after the trial. I wish the jury was able to see everything as it was from the first time the police arrived.

I have been suffering from depression since I was twelve. I can tell you that I have never been suicidal. But I am also afraid of dying so that may have something to do with it. Been on every medication including Zoloft. One thing I can say is that after years of taken it, it stopped working perfectly so I was prescribed Cymbalta. But this is all my experience and know from reading about other people that everybody reacts differently to depression.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I think that just because Allison had depression doesn't mean she was suicidal.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 33s
Cat's claw creeper climbing up crepe myrtles near the back patio - Dr Guymer #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 59s
Dr Guymer says cat's claw creeper was found at the back of the house, near the rear patio area. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s
Dr Guymer says he found Chinese Elm plants on the property, including one at the rear patio area. #badenclay

I remember saying that the back yard was a mess when we first saw the photos.
Thank you for not sweeping and mowing.

I think the defence will say that the plant matter in the footwell was trampled in their earlier then April 19th, that it had nothing to do with what was in Allison's hair.

that's true, the plants have always been in the carport so very likely they are in the front of the car from just walking there. I know my car always gets a heap of grass/leaves/sand in it, even if I am careful not to!

Thanks for all the updates!!!!! Wow that botanist was a fantastic witness can't wait to see was is said tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 58s
Another view of the carport area shows cat's claw creeper growing along the ground, as well as crepe myrtle. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Cat's claw creeper is dangling off a steel post in the carport area #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m
Dr Guymer says crepe myrtle, cat's claw creeper, growing alongside the carport area. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Another view of carport area shows fishbone fern and crepe myrtle close by, Dr Guymer says. #badenclay

Oh how I am loving Dr. Guymer and his expert evidence!! :great: Can't wait for tomorrow!

4:20pm: Dr Guymer compared the plant species found on Mrs Baden-Clay's body to those he found at the Baden-Clays' home on Brookfield Road.

All six plant species found on Mrs Baden-Clay's body were found around the Baden-Clays' house.

Crepe Myrtle and Cats Claw Creeper were found around the driveway, car port and rear patio.

Mr Guymer found a Lilly Pilly by the front driveway, a Chinese elm next to the rear patio and Eucalyptus trees along the property's border.

One two of the plant species - Chinese elm and Eucalyptus - were found in the vicinity of Kholo Creek.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35XKIJX00

A BIG thankyou to everyone who helped with the updates. Thankyou to everyone for being here for Allison!

sunflower_thank_you_cards_message_inside-re1c82c03c5a94ea89077b69edf38a712_xvua8_8byvr_512.jpg

I heard a scream a few months back. It was a male. He was pleading to be left alone/crying sound and swearing at someone the gist of which was "go away!" I called it in to the police because of Allison. They told me I did the right thing and that they'd send a patrol to investigate it. As far as I know nothing came of it but at least it was on record and they checked it out.

You know,maybe that'd why the police arrived about an hour after GBC 000 call. Maybe anonymous neighbours tipped off screaming etc the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member