The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much to take in and process today, a few random thoughts from me. All IMHO.

Quotes of the day:
Telling his colleagues he was “sleeping with TMcH for the sake of the business”
“Ironing for any length of time in bare feet becomes uncomfortable”

He’s GBC and he’s here to help:
Is there anyone to whom GBC has not extended a helping hand? “Helping” Allison in all manner of ways, even with the ironing it seems … ; “helping” TMcH to find a new life; placating TMcH and calming her down over 3 years; helping businesses in the floods; helping his colleagues/partners with what he said was a “sweet deal” … the list goes on … oh my, what a guy.

His performance today:
He seemed to me to relish being in the limelight and the centre of attention. He was holding court, literally. His shaving demo was a treat to behold … and he really seemed to enjoy using that laser pointer thingy on the visualiser. There seem to be many inconsistencies in his story, words and actions. Also, an ability to remember excruciating details of some things and absolutely nothing about others … so much relies only on his word alone. And we know he has told untruths – he even said so himself today when he talked about what he had told TMcH.

I thought he was more convincing after lunch and wondered if the defence team had given him some stern advice.

One thing he said that I believe is true: “I never intended to leave Allison”. Before today, I had thought he wanted to find a way to be with TMcH but now I believe things were working just fine for him as they were. The status quo suited him. It enabled him to live out his Madonna-*advertiser censored* complex, to ensure access to his children, to avoid a costly divorce and to maintain the facade of being a fine upstanding community and business leader. But worlds collided. Things were unravelling for him on many levels.

I think the boxes of toys in the back of the car are significant. There seemed to be a fair amount of attention paid to these in court today. GBC has no idea how they got there. He spent a bit of time describing all the toys. I find it heartbreaking to think his children’s toys might have been used in an attempt to cover up an evil deed. So too the fact that he had “physical relations” with TMcH in the family car, “Snowy” (which I’m guessing is a name the children used and enjoyed).

Oh so sad in so very many ways. And so much to learn from this tragedy.

GeRed can beat his chest all he want about how great he is but ultimately they were renting. Mrs Dickie was disappointed they never owned their own home and Allison had $2 in her account. He's such a keeper.

And that's the kicker. GBC was spending about $300/wk max on rent for that house in Brookfield. He accused both Jocelyn and Phill today of flashy spending, yet he too was receiving $5500/wk when the going was good. Where was that money going? It had to be going somewhere? Family trust?

Para 16 in Ben's statement and Para 71 in Phillip's statement.

Thanks KG1.
In PB's statement re the shenanigans it doesn't actually say that NBC is talking about GBC's affair with TM - just that PB assumes that he is - and even thinks it's odd that he would use that word. So it is my opinion it's quite possible that NBC was actually referring to something else other than the affair when he mentions shenanigans. Would explain why PB thought it an odd thing to say too. I can't see anywhere in BB's statement that definitley shows that NBC knew of the affair though?

My day got out of control...haven't heard or read a thing about today!! 59 pages to catch up on tonight???? Eeek!!!!!! Thankyou in advance for keeping us all up to date web sleuthers!!!! Geez where do I start???!!!!

Guilty or not I cant help but wonder how different things could have been if Allison, instead of searching for what was wrong with her, turned it around and asked what was wrong, like really wrong with HIM?

If she only knew she was dealing with a man who (we are still assuming at this point) has NPD or similar she may have been able to educate and empower herself to leave, most importantly realise it was never her to begin with. He was always the broken one.

Her end was so sad and unnecessary.

So apparently Nigelaine were more favourably disposed to TM than to Allison, and facilitated contact between GBC and TM after his phone was taken by the police.

GBC had NBC leave the room when police asked about the state of the marriage - maybe this was not because NBC didn't know about the extramarital affair, but because GBC didn't want NBC to know that he and Allison had been seeing counsellors?

MOO

My day got out of control...haven't heard or read a thing about today!! 59 pages to catch up on tonight???? Eeek!!!!!! Thankyou in advance for keeping us all up to date web sleuthers!!!! Geez where do I start???!!!!

There is only ever one place to start ;)

GBC had NBC leave the room when police asked about the state of the marriage - maybe this was because GBC didn't want NBC to know that he and Allison had been seeing counsellors?

MOO

Good point, considering NBC was a marrigae counsellor. Would be a bit awkward - like if NBC went to the place up near Lexus to sell his house. ;)

And that's the kicker. GBC was spending about $300/wk max on rent for that house in Brookfield. He accused both Jocelyn and Phill today of flashy spending, yet he too was receiving $5500/wk when the going was good. Where was that money going? It had to be going somewhere? Family trust?

Really? $300pw? That's a pretty great deal. Having rented at the same time in Brookfield, in a house in the same state of dis-repair, from our states most famous billionaire, at $675pw, I was clearly getting ripped off! Although I did know this was the case... Lol!

I believe it was common knowledge with his family. Absolutely.

Families are funny things. My in-laws have an understood code about what they can and can't speak about. Unpleasant things, especially those involving indiscretions on their children's parts, are NEVER spoken about. The weather, on the other hand, is fair game (because no-one caused that, at least not in a way that they're willing to acknowledge). GBC's family almost certainly knew about Toni, but because Gerard had never actually come out and said "We're having an affair", it wasn't happening. No sirree.

Quotes of the day:

Is there anyone to whom GBC has not extended a helping hand? “Helping” Allison in all manner of ways, even with the ironing it seems … ; “helping” TMcH to find a new life; placating TMcH and calming her down over 3 years; helping businesses in the floods; helping his colleagues/partners with what he said was a “sweet deal” … the list goes on … oh my, what a guy.

His performance today:
He seemed to me to relish being in the limelight and the centre of attention. He was holding court, literally. His shaving demo was a treat to behold … and he really seemed to enjoy using that laser pointer thingy on the visualiser. There seem to be many inconsistencies in his story, words and actions. Also, an ability to remember excruciating details of some things and absolutely nothing about others … so much relies only on his word alone. And we know he has told untruths – he even said so himself today when he talked about what he had told TMcH.

I thought he was more convincing after lunch and wondered if the defence team had given him some stern advice.

One thing he said that I believe is true: “I never intended to leave Allison”. Before today, I had thought he wanted to find a way to be with TMcH but now I believe things were working just fine for him as they were. The status quo suited him. It enabled him to live out his Madonna-*advertiser censored* complex, to ensure access to his children, to avoid a costly divorce and to maintain the facade of being a fine upstanding community and business leader. But worlds collided. Things were unravelling for him on many levels.

I think the boxes of toys in the back of the car are significant. There seemed to be a fair amount of attention paid to these in court today. GBC has no idea how they got there. He spent a bit of time describing all the toys. I find it heartbreaking to think his children’s toys might have been used in an attempt to cover up an evil deed. So too the fact that he had “physical relations” with TMcH in the family car, “Snowy” (which I’m guessing is a name the children used and enjoyed).

Thanks for your comments from court Tangled Web!!

Yes Snowy was the Prado, Sparky the Captiva.

I may have missed it as I didn't bother reading all his nonsense but did he happen to mention the "physical relations" with TM at home??

Did he tell the world he brought his mistress home to Allison & her babies castle??

That is just one of the parts I find truly sickening.

Quotes of the day:

His performance today:

The toys in the boot set the hairs high on the back of my neck in 2012.

That GBC's daughter knew they were to be 'collected' by a lady (?) someone else and had therefore seemingly been sorted long (days) before and placed under the house near the carport in readiness for collection suggests to me they were 'handy' as a cover up or alibi in their chosen 'use' by GBC in putting them in that boot. jmo

I wish I knew or could surmise why he put them in the boot. Anyone?

GBC and his attorney seem to waffle on most about what they are most defensive about:
- the toys
- depression
- the creek (OMG - the creek - that was excruciating) There has to be a reason. The camp up stream?

btw:
Snowy was a name (you would fairly think a child gave to the car) but GBC gave the Prado the name Snowy and the Captiva /the new car a name too( sparkles? clean...) In fairness I think many families name their cars (usually a female name).

Similarly, GBC referred to himself as (not) being Superman, had nicknames for himself with his mistresses and nicknames for them and had a false name to communicate by email with his mistresses - This is GBC (a grown man, with secret lives beyond his initial appearance.) jmo

It seems frivolous but I can't shake the impression I have that this 'nonsense' goes some way to explaining GBC, his personality and therefore his motives/actions.

It has been a long day. It's possible I'm over or under thinking.

I wouldn't be surprised if eviction was looming.
If so the stress would be huge.

Me too. I'm also very interested in what will come of the the prosecution cross examining GBC. There are so many grey areas in this case. I really hope that if GBC is lying, he will be caught out during this process, or that at the very least, some of the grey might become a little clearer.

At this point I don't see where he will be caught out in lies. The blurry bits (the part in between where Allison is seen alive and the next morning) have apparently been explained away by sleep. Deep, snoring sleep. Everything else - the affairs, the deception, the debt - have all been squared off by a weeping, weakened GBC on the stand over the last few days. What he can't explain - and hasn't even tried to - are the blood stains in the car. The jury may well find reasonable doubt about the "shaving cuts", but that blood in the car (a new car) is hard to ignore.It's a pity the prosecution didn't go harder on it.

yes, the police statement in regard to the covert phone tap, specifically names Nigel as contacting Toni.. no mistake there.. not just his number but his voice.

Exactly, so he knew all along.
I was replying the post asking if anyone thought the BC's knew of the affair. IMHO - absolutely.

Families are funny things. My in-laws have an understood code about what they can and can't speak about. Unpleasant things, especially those involving indiscretions on their children's parts, are NEVER spoken about. The weather, on the other hand, is fair game (because no-one caused that, at least not in a way that they're willing to acknowledge). GBC's family almost certainly knew about Toni, but because Gerard had never actually come out and said "We're having an affair", it wasn't happening. No sirree.

I agree with that wholeheartedly! I think they'd very likely have heard gossip about it, because almost everyone else had - it was a bit hard not to! I just don't think they'd have accepted it as truth - probably closed their ears, brushed it off as gossip and never mentioned it to GBC at all. It's just my opinion, but I just can't imagine NBC, EBC or especially OW colluding with GBC so he can knock off TM behind ABC's back. Just wouldn't happen imo. I know others in here feel differently, which is fine. :)

Thanks for your comments from court Tangled Web!!

Yes Snowy was the Prado, Sparky the Captiva.

I may have missed it as I didn't bother reading all his nonsense but did he happen to mention the "physical relations" with TM at home??

Did he tell the world he brought his mistress home to Allison & her babies castle??

That is just one of the parts I find truly sickening.

Anything other than a back seat of a car would've been opulence for 'Ol Tone.
Would she care? For that moment she was Mrs Baden-Clay and did she do some snooping in Allison's things while her prince was breaking windows with his snoring.
Am I being a b*tch or trying to think like a jealous woman.

no. no one except Toni and Gerard knew about the renewal of 'their love'.... but Nigel spoke to Ben Bassingthwaite ,or , AND Phillip Broome about the affair between Toni and Gerard.. that's there in the statement.. its not a matter of maybe or maybe not. there it is.....

Nige knew she had 'been there' , alright.. but Gerard wants the police to think that he doesn't know.. I wonder why..

To give the bwana the appearance of being 'kosher'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member