The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following from the beginning.
Just some my thoughts
maybe GCB went crazy that night because Allison paid too much get her hair done, especially since he couldn't afford a new razor. She only had $20 in account and their credit cards were maxed out.
And maybe he hid the fact the parent teacher interviews were even on, to make him look like an awesome father and Allison a bad mother. My hubby wouldn't have a clue, if I didn't tell him. He might have got the note and made the time knowing Allison would be at the hairdressers
Well the funny thing is that she was actually WORKING at the time of the parent teacher interviews, which were a around 3:45pm.

She had to rush to the hairdresser and arrived late as it was.

Suggesting Allison had her hair done while Gerard attended the meeting is completely wrong. She was working at the damn business and had training that day.

Someone had to learn the ropes seeing GBC couldn't keep his little thing away from the help.

and awww.. Alison.. what a saint.. sets off to suicide ,, but before she does ,. SHE PUTS HER HUSBANDS PHONE BACK ON THE CHARGER!!... folks.. I ask you!!..

I don't think I have ever felt this incensed in the two plus years since Allison untimely, violent (although likely silent) murder. To think that Byrne was instructed by Gerred and the rest of the Baden/Clay/Walton gang, must leave a very sour taste in the mouth of any legal professional who is in their job for the right reasons. In the final analysis it all needs to be put fair and square in the gang's domain. They have paid, instructed, and no doubt had some collusion going on about what stories to ell and what angle to take. Including not being able to come up with a verified botanist but needing to find a 'friend of a friend' who would take some ludicrous video footage that doesn't add up in any account.

Shame on you all!!!

Agree Trooper , that phone going on charge is a big hole that needs to be covered . If you left home at 2am how long would it take to walk 14km's?

Just to be clear - the defence guy that did the Time lapse photography was there to photograph the tides ONLY. .....AND quite frankly the footage was S**House. My take is that OW suggested to GBC someone from their church who took photos, and it then GBC who suggested to his team of legal expertise that this guy could get some info on the tides out there. And so Ashton Ward went out and placed a few cameras to get some time lapse footage. Here is a plug for Gerry but - go take a look at his photos on Aussie crims of the area and you will see the work of someone who knows how to do photography. Ashton's photos are impossible to dicern the tidelines accurately and are way to far from the scene of Allison's proposed body site to glean any information about whether 'individual' leaves could become tangled in her hair. (VERY UNLIKELY!) Also, the tides had zero bearing to what happened to the week that dear Allison was dumped unceremoniously there. So I am completely non-plussed by the fact that this has become dare I say it the'gold standard' on debris traffic. As the botanist is clearly the expert, clearly did more to prove that these leaves were not in anyway likely to have been transferred into Allison's hair at Kholo. This 'a lot of debris is washed up and can stick to stuff' is a load of complete bs and has ZERO scientific basis.

I don't even bother going to the parent teacher interviews because I learnt from past experience, with this particular school, they are a complete and utter waste of time.l do all my queries etc via email. I am not a bad mother by any means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't attend parent teacher night either! My husband always goes! I am so involved with the school as it and parent teacher night is the one thing he attends and enjoys! I am not a bad mother either! This defence comment Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 12s
Byrne says the hair appointment clashed with a parent teacher interview. "Why would a mother do that," he says.
seriously made my blood boil! BBM

BBM - bolded by me
MOO - My Opinion only
MHOO - My honest opinion only

GM - ghastly man
GG gross gargoyle

IYKWIM - if you know what I mean :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Thank you TGY I needed a good laugh!

Wondering why the prosecution did not bring up the accomplice possibility, to do the disposal?
My information was they were hot on the trail of NBC at the time with phone records.

My opinion only

All these weeks of trying to cut my face with my razor, only to find out I'm better off trying with a pink highlighter.

Everyone on that jury would have used a razor at some point, the blokes possibly every day.
None of them would have ever ended up with huge gouges down their face (/legs).
Even if one of them has suffered a very bad cut, its unlikely they would have carried on and gouged themselves a second or third time.
So they can talk about razors and GBC's openness about his shaving incident all they like - nobody is buying this ridiculous story.

And for GBC to grow a beard and speak in detail of needing help to cover the cuts with a bandaid, then the defence to state how he in no way tried to hide them is a stupid contradiction that does them no favours.

I'm not exactly sure if his closing is complete? That wasn't stated, just that court is adjourned. It seemed to come to a natural sort of end there though....

Perhaps he needed to go outside to vomit after the bile he's spit out today.

Byrne's statement as to why a mother with strong maternal attachment would book a hair appointment that clashed with a parent teacher interview... then suggesting it was to make herself feel better.... is pretty poor and desperate IMO. There is absolutely no evidence that Allison was lapsing into major depression at the time....in fact there is evidence to the contrary.

Notice there was no mention of Allison working on that day? It was all about how depressed she was.

Snails and any others there today, were there any spare seats in Banco Court from what you could see?

and awww.. Alison.. what a saint.. sets off to suicide ,, but before she does ,. SHE PUTS HER HUSBANDS PHONE BACK ON THE CHARGER!!... folks.. I ask you!!..

:facepalm: 'contrived' is a word which comes to mind re DT closing argument. My opinion only.

[http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/contrived
Definition of contrived in English: Contrived
Adjective
1Deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously.
1.2Created or arranged in a way that seems artificial and unrealistic:
"the ending of the novel is too pat and contrived"

synonyms: forced, strained, studied, artificial, affected, put-on, pretended, false, feigned, manufactured, unnatural; More

Agree Trooper , that phone going on charge is a big hole that needs to be covered . If you left home at 2am how long would it take to walk 14km's?
Assuming a pace of 15 minutes per kilometre - 3.5 hours.

Does anyone recall what the rainfall was between the 19th of April 2012, and the time Allison's body was found?

How does it differ from the rainfall at the bridge during the eleven days before the Jury went on their excursion to the bridge?

Wondering why the prosecution did not bring up the accomplice possibility, to do the disposal?
My information was they were hot on the trail of NBC at the time with phone records.

My opinion only

I would imagine they are not allowed to accuse people not charged with a crime. And certainly not with out proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were a lot of inaccuracies in Byrne's closing speech. He gave Fuller a lot to work with. I'm kind of secretly hoping that was his intent all along.

I have to say, I have been having similar thoughts.

And without defence lawyers defending to the best of their ability our legal system would be a farce.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think everyone here has respect for the process and the defence attorneys.... It's more the defendant that is bringing out the nasties I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa