The Dog and Beth to Wed

shana said:
A daughter of reality TV star Duane "Dog" Chapman was killed in a car accident a day before her father's wedding, a spokesman said Saturday.

Barbara Katy Chapman, 23, died Friday night near her home in Fairbanks, Alaska, said Michael Feeney, senior vice president of A&E television network.

Duane Chapman's wedding on the Big Island went forward as planned Saturday after the family consulted with a preacher and agreed to celebrate her life at the ceremony, Feeney told The Associated Press.

The star of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" married his longtime sidekick, Beth Smith. The couple have been together for 16 years and have two children.

The wedding will be featured in an Aug. 14 episode of the show, about Chapman and his tattooed crew of fugitive finders.

Barbara Chapman had not been expected to attend the wedding, and the circumstances of the accident were unclear, Feeney said.

She was one of 12 of the bounty hunter's children. She is survived by her mother, Lyssa Greene, and her 4-year-old son, Travis Drake-Lee Chapman.

(Edited to fix paragraphs. I have no source altho I'm sure it would be easy to find. Above is a paste from a post in one of my Yahoo Groups, fyi)
The link in my post above is the original source. :)

If Dog and Beth only have two kids together (my guess is the little twins) then who is Cecely's father?

Not that I am a "Dog" fan although I have watched it a time or two and find it entertaining. I believe that he has been married three other time and has a total of 11-12 children.

I find the show occasionally entertaining - was very sorry to hear of the loss of his daughter but how wonderful that the family agreed that the wedding should continue.

Personally - I think both of the networks could do a little attention grabbing with the following - have Clinton and Stacy of "What not to Wear" "Trade Spaces" (places) with "Dog the Bounty Hunter" for a few episodes! LOL. Now that would be some good reality TV!

That's one of my favorite shows. I just started watching one day and became addicted. I like tough dudes so I like those boys chasing the bad guys. I think Dog turned his life around and is a good example. It's nice to see people who are not what they appear to be to teach us all to be careful how we judge others before we really know them.

23 year old Barbara Katy Chapman died Friday night near her home in Fairbanks ,Alaska , in a car accident ." Duane Chapman's wedding on the Big Island wentforward as planned Saturday", said Michael Feeney , senior VP of A&E TV .She was one of Dog's 11 children ( two with Beth ).
The Chapmans agreed to celebrate Barbara's life at the ceremony .The wedding will be featured in an August 14th episode of the show .
What a sad thing to happen .

Hope Beth never gets into trouble. Her *advertiser censored* could definitely be picked out of a lineup. :p

I must say the prayers said before going out to catch the bad guys caught me off guard. I've liked and respected them ever since. I wish them happiness.

I love this show. Dog gets so emotional after he arrests someone, I have seen him cry several times and beg these people to change their lives.
beth does dress ummmmm........hoochie. I saw one episode where she said dog picks out her clothes. she has to have great self esteem to pull off those outfits, I love her. they have a great relationship,
leland is a hottie

It's so funny to watch them circle with Dog saying a prayer before they go out and ending it always with "In the name of Jesus." Then, when catching the bad guy will say something like "Lay Down Mother *advertiser censored**er!" But then he gets nice and try's to talk sense into them in the car on the way to jail. And, yep, he'll get emotional sometimes. He's a real trip. And, I think he's a hottie too. I didn't when he had the short hair but that long hair and those muscles just get to me, LOL. I LOVE men with long hair for some reason. Always have. I do think Lelands a hunk too. :woohoo:

I suppose that young guy they had on the show for a couple seasons just couldn't cut it. I forget his name now. Young blonde guy. He burned Beth's car one time with a cigarette and she was gonna whip his *advertiser censored*. He argued back with her and she went off. I didn't think that kid would make it. That's when they brought Duane Lee in.

Does anyone know if the daughter that died is the one they called Baby? She came in once and went out with them to pretend to be a Kirby Vacuum salesperson to help catch a criminal for Dog.

It was not Baby Lisa, it was her sister. According to Dog's web-site, Lisa is now a part of the Possee and was on the most recent show.

BeeBee said:
Does anyone know if the daughter that died is the one they called Baby? She came in once and went out with them to pretend to be a Kirby Vacuum salesperson to help catch a criminal for Dog.
Hi BeeBee, I have wondered this myself and trying to found this out. I remember his daughter being on an episode and they were calling her "Baby Lisa". She had a young child with her, too.

WEDDING DAY
artdakine.jpg
ASSOCIATED PRESS
The bride wore an off-white lace gown with nude backing by Eduardo Lucero. The groom wore white jeans, a white leather vest, boots and American Indian jewelry. http://starbulletin.com/2006/05/22/features/story02.html

"Dog & Beth. Captured. May 20, 2006."

I think "Baby"'s name is actually "Lyssa" although it is pronounced like "Lisa".

Dog has 12 kids, 1 Barbara died, 1 is in jail for armed robbery - he's Leland and Dwayne Lee's brother - so 10 are left. 3 of the kids are with Beth.

Reality star's daughter died when stolen vehicle rolled

FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) - Authorities in Alaska are revealing
more about the auto accident that killed a daughter of reality T-V
bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman last Friday.
Alaska state troopers say Barbara Chapman was riding in a stolen
S-U-V when it rolled and crashed into some trees. Her boyfriend
also died in the crash. Both were 23 years old.
Police say the accident scene doesn't have any skid marks or
other clues as to why their vehicle left the road. They suspect
drugs and alcohol may have played a role, however.
The accident happened a day before her father married his
longtime partner in Hawaii. Chapman had a four-year-old son.

From AP Newswire.

bykerladi said:
I think "Baby"'s name is actually "Lyssa" although it is pronounced like "Lisa".

Dog has 12 kids, 1 Barbara died, 1 is in jail for armed robbery - he's Leland and Dwayne Lee's brother - so 10 are left. 3 of the kids are with Beth.

I believe that Leland and Dwayne Lee are Dog's sons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back