The Grim Sleeper. Update: Arrest in the Grim Sleeper Case!

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-murder-wait-20150215-story.html#page=1

The case has taken so long to make it to trial, the motion said, that many of the coroners who performed autopsies on the victims have retired — requiring another medical examiner to testify. And the mothers of two victims, Mary Lowe and Bernita Sparks, have died since charges were filed.

"It would be an immeasurable miscarriage of justice," the motion said, "if any more of these family members were unable to see this defendant brought to trial."

Ware said she can't help but worry about the passage of time. "I'm 76," she said. "I'm under God's grace."

We have got to help these victims. I am very frustrated that this story has not been profiled on the news. I have a feeling that if these victims were white and in a middle-class or upper-class part of California that Nancy Grace and Greta Van Susteren would be profiling them every night. And I say this as a white person, but it really angers me how the white victims are spotlighted even when there is no news in the case yet the minority victims barely get any press.

These women were victims of this monster and we have to help them. There must be something we can all do and that's what I'm trying to do.
There is an arrest now and I don't believe Nancy Grace or Greta van Sustern were on TV when the majority of these crimes were committed.

:Quote Originally Posted by elliottness :
We have got to help these victims. I am very frustrated that this story has not been profiled on the news. I have a feeling that if these victims were white and in a middle-class or upper-class part of California that Nancy Grace and Greta Van Susteren would be profiling them every night. And I say this as a white person, but it really angers me how the white victims are spotlighted even when there is no news in the case yet the minority victims barely get any press.

There is an arrest now and I don't believe Nancy Grace or Greta van Sustern were on TV when the majority of these crimes were committed.

This case was in the media a lot. It was covered extensively by John Walsh on AMW...Also I remember it being on the news on and off over the years.
Also from Wikipedia "In the 1980s, following the deaths of several women in South Los Angeles, California, community members formed the Black Coalition Fighting Back Serial Murders. The group pressured police into setting up a task force and to acknowledge the deaths as serial killings. The Coalition launched a media campaign and set a monetary award aiming to capture the killer."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_Sleeper

I'm not sure if they identified the caller or not, or how they would go about doing that. The new Broomfield documentary has showed up on youtube and it has an interview with Franklin's son and to me he sounds very similar to the unknown caller from years ago. The doc also has interviews with friends of TGS and several women who came in contact with him, I recommend seeing it. Saying the lapd dropped the ball on this one is a huge understatement.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...nse-another-serial-killer-20150501-story.html

A defense attorney in the so-called Grim Sleeper serial killer case told a judge Friday that he believes genetic evidence links a man on death row to two women his client is accused of killing.

Attorney Seymour Amster said in court that an expert hired by the team defending Lonnie Franklin Jr. determined that DNA connected to two of the attacks were a match to prolific serial killer Chester Turner. The lawyer said Turner’s genetic material was linked to victims Enietra Washington and Barbara Ware.

Iam watching a 2 hour documentary right now on the grim sleeper case and i mean ok yes clearly they have him dead to rights on the 11 woman ans most likely he has killed alot more but OMG the police work that went in to this may just be they woarst i have ever seen and i truly mean that im not gonna go into the details but if anyone else has watched this you will understand what i mean . The LAPD do not deserve 1 ounce of credit for solving this crime thats for dam sure...

From August 2011:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-district-attorney-to-seek-death-penalty.html

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office said Monday it would seek the death penalty against Lonnie David Franklin Jr., the suspected Grim Sleeper who is accused of murder in the deaths of 10 women in South L.A.

Franklin, 57, was arrested in July 2010 at his South L.A. home and charged with murder in the slayings of Debra Jackson, 29; Henrietta Wright, 35; Barbara Ware, 23; Bernita Sparks, age unknown; Mary Lowe, 26; Lachrica Jefferson, 22; Alicia Alexander, 18; Princess Berthomieux, 15; Valerie McCorvey, 35; and Janecia Peters, 25.

From last month:

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20151216/nearly-70-being-considered-for-grim-sleeper-jury

Nearly 70 potential panelists were asked today to fill out questionnaires during the second day of jury selection for the trial of the man charged in the “Grim Sleeper” killings of nine women and a teenage girl between 1985 and 2007...

The judge instructed the first set of prospective jurors to fill out questionnaires and return to court Jan. 25, when they are expected to be orally questioned after the judge and attorneys review the jury questionnaires...

The judge estimated that the trial could last about three months, concluding some time in April.

Maybe that is the day they pick the jury. He probably just picked the first open day, since it may be delayed anyway.

LOS ANGELES -- Thirty years after the first of the Grim Sleeper serial killer victims was found fatally shot and discarded in a South Los Angeles alley, Lonnie David Franklin Jr. will face a jury Tuesday in a downtown courtroom.

Franklin, a former garbage collector and police garage attendant, is charged with killing one girl and nine women ranging in age from 15 to 35 during the span of three decades. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty. Opening statements begin Tuesday.

http://myfox8.com/2016/02/16/accused-grim-sleeper-serial-killer-goes-on-trial/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back