The Intruder as a Friend

sissi said:
male blue crab ..yummmy
I put them in the pot alive, it seems so evil ... the males are the best!
BTW, Bed ,Bath and Beyond SELLS an old fashioned crab steamer..(however it's called a clam steamer) if nostalgia calls:)

sissi,

I'm from Maryland too -- where, as you know, it's against the law not to eat steamed crabs at least once a week during the summer.

I'm in Florida now, where I catch crabs from my boat dock in the back yard. And yeah, I have a steamer. It's the only way to cook em.

JMO

This summer they were as high as 40 dollars for a dozen large males steamed at Bo Brooks. Eating them has become a "by invitation only if you're paying" event:)
If you get short on the old bay, I will send ya' some.

Eagle, he "accidentally" contaminated "EVERYTHING"!
I can see where some think he's lying, especially after his manic outburst!
The letter he sent, the first one, was suspiciously ala Steve Thomas, including the english usage, however the line "at this time", was a hmmm.
This can be said concerning Patsy's "and hence" ,as well, however we know it took two sets of adults to write that one, and the Steins likely had the ransom note down to memory by that time.

Anyone know which book this was in? Nehemiah, I'm looking through the ones I have, already checked Schiller and ST.

The runner was explained away, but who knows, maybe he was one of the 38 registered sex offenders in the area.

Eagle1 said:
Anyone know which book this was in? Nehemiah, I'm looking through the ones I have, already checked Schiller and ST.

The runner was explained away, but who knows, maybe he was one of the 38 registered sex offenders in the area.

Thanks, Eagle. Keep looking. I've either never read it, or my mind is leaving me. Both are entirely possible.

Eagle,

I've never seen anything written about a male running early that morning either. You might have read it, without a source, on another forum.

In regard to 38 sexual offenders in Boulder, that's probably the norm for a town that size. There are lots of offenders, because it involves a one-time conviction of an adult messing with someone who is underage. Some are borderline cases (such as an underage teen telling a guy she is 18, etc.) But a sexual PREDATOR is another story. Predators are repeat offenders. There are no registered predators in my town; they are harrassed almost daily by the cops until they move out of town.

JMO

The guy ,spotted by a neighbor ,was crossing the lawn in the late afternoon.
The one catching a cab, info via Colfax, was never questioned,nor were any of his party mates. I know of no other sightings?

I do question, who were the twins that lived with the Stantons?

Eagle, are you trying to place a man running across a lawn in Charlevois? I don't remember that, I do remember the maid finding signs of an univited house guest, and a confrontation someone had at a gas station, but not the running man?

sissi said:
I do question, who were the twins that lived with the Stantons?

Sissi, you bring up the twins often. Who are they, and what were they doing living with the Stanton family?

Nehemiah said:
Sissi, you bring up the twins often. Who are they, and what were they doing living with the Stanton family?

I don't know, and wish someone did know!
In fact, I never knew they existed until I read mention of them in one of the depositions, maybe Thomas'?

Perhaps you kids are like me. I love to wrap my brains around stuff, but hope someone else does the digging. When I first read the books, I was ready to debate anyone. Now, I'm just hoping and trying to hook someone else into doing the "dirty work". Sorry. I'll quite posting. Folks should do their own digging. :cool:

gaia said:
Perhaps you kids are like me. I love to wrap my brains around stuff, but hope someone else does the digging. When I first read the books, I was ready to debate anyone. Now, I'm just hoping and trying to hook someone else into doing the "dirty work". Sorry. I'll quite posting. Folks should do their own digging. :cool:

Not sure what you're saying...can you say it another way?

Hi, Sissi. I remember the Charlevoix guy running across the back of some property, the Rs' I think, to hale down Mr. Somebody who "B" at you-know-where used to know. I think he finally died of cancer. I haven't been to the other site that people here used to call "the Swamp" in probably a year or two, don't know if they still discuss this.

I read about another guy, running across the back of their property in Boulder, but just can't find it again, didn't mark it in the margin. Maybe it was in the Rs' own book, Death of Innocence, which I don't have, borrowed it from a library that no longer has it. These runners are two separate incidents. And the one in Boulder may not have been connected to the case, but sure was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Colfax reported one such person, who'd been at the rave party, whatever that is, a couple doors away from the hellhole? Okay, I have a vague memory of that, but I don't think it was the same person.

There was also a blue truck or van in the alley, John said he saw when he happened to look out the window, but didn't mention it to police, I'm just saying matter-of-factly, not criticizing them or anyone.

We probably would all lawyer up and all that, too, if we were in whatever their exact situation is, suspect people involved in other places besides Boulder. There's no telling how big an operation this was and by whom or what. That's probably why it's so interesting to us. There's an elusive something.

Miss Daisey said:
The first patrol officers on the scene...Officer French?...searched the basement but didn't open the cellar door. I believe he said, when ask, I didn't enter the wine cellar and didn't know why he didn't.

If you look at the basement layout in Schiller's book, the door to the wine cellar sits to the right corner. Somewhere, I think, I read that the door opens out and had a latch. The light switch is on the right side of the door.

Detectives did an experiment (at night) with the door open and the light off to determine whether any reflective light would have been enough to see the body which was laying to the left of the door where the room is offset preventing reflective light from iluminating the entire room. They determined it possible that White probably couldn't have seen the body when he first checked the basement at about 6:30am unless he'd turned the light on.

When John opened the door at 1:00pm to find JB laying there, he turned the light on....he said. Then later, I believe he said he couldn't remember whether he turned it on or not.

edit for clarity

that's what i understand also....it was totally dark in the room, & Fleet couldn't find the 2 light switches, so he closed, & re-latched the door...he never saw JBR...it was too dark....

Eagle1 There was also a blue truck or van in the alley said:
Why oh why didn't John mention the suspicious van to the LE, after he went looking for CLUES!!!!!!! What the hell kind of clue was he looking for????

Did John see a sign on the van that read, 'No foreign faction monitoring gentlemen in this van'.

John watches the van a few minutes and unbelievably comes to the conclusion JonBenet can't possibly be in that van with monitoring kidnappers.

Or monitoring kidnappers would never use a strange van in the alleyway.

Ram's logic....does not make sense. Call over upteen million friends, even though the ransom note threatens to KILL your child if you so much as talk to a stray dog. Go looking for clues, but ignore any 'strange' vans in your alleyway within sight of your home 'cause everyone know monitoring kidnappers do not drive vans.

Weren't they supposed to be checking the whole situation? It's frustrating, I know. Does it sound like John was afraid of them? If we'd just gotten a note saying we're being monitored, we might be a bit jittery.

What do you suppose was going on at 10 am when John was "getting the mail"? Is that when he said he saw the van? Where was JonBenet at that time? In the house somewhere? A lot of posters are of the opinion her body had been moved when John found it.

I don't remember John writing of any particular time in his book, Eagle....I don't know if John moved the body or not, but hey it'd be the perfect time to do it, alone in the basement.

I am a very late arrival on this forum but I have to think that Patsy had a lot to do with this crime. While it could be cover-up or the actual doing, I don't know. But from all indications this is not a bumbling stranger murder it is an inside job. IMO, there are three perps, John, Patsy and Burke. The order is not 100% represented but it is there. Always will be and they will skirt the issues as long as they can.

When you had the occasion to witness Patsy, how did she look to you? Was her makeup and hair perfect? Do you remember what she was wearing? Was she thin, pudgy? Wasn't she staying in those apts. while the house was being remodeled? I'm wondering if this was at one of the times of her bouts with cancer.

trixie said:
When you had the occasion to witness Patsy, how did she look to you? Was her makeup and hair perfect? Do you remember what she was wearing? Was she thin, pudgy? Wasn't she staying in those apts. while the house was being remodeled? I'm wondering if this was at one of the times of her bouts with cancer.

Yes, she was perfect in her makeup and clothing. Very conservative in her attire. Her house was being built. I wasn't aware of the cancer as I had not been following the case in its entirety. When you work for Post Properties that is the only thing you are allowed to think about. But her tirade is most impressionable, will stay with me forever. That is my most imput I can bring to this forum. But she was a little bit pudgy. But not in an overt way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back