The Intruder as a Friend

concernedperson said:
Yes, she was perfect in her makeup and clothing. Very conservative in her attire. Her house was being built. I wasn't aware of the cancer as I had not been following the case in its entirety. When you work for Post Properties that is the only thing you are allowed to think about. But her tirade is most impressionable, will stay with me forever. That is my most imput I can bring to this forum. But she was a little bit pudgy. But not in an overt way.

What was her tirade about? Was it directed toward you, or did you witness it toward someone else?

Nehemiah said:
What was her tirade about? Was it directed toward you, or did you witness it toward someone else?

It was directed to another employee. It was about a UPS package that wasn't delivered to her apartment. She had to actually pick it up in the leasing office and she was ballistic. She expected everyone to drop all duties to make sure her needs were met. It was unbeleivable. The fury...over a package. Whatever I thought about her before was presented to me in a package that said something is truly wrong with this person. I will never forget it, the veins in her neck were protruding and she was so out of sorts in relation to what was happening. She is capable of lashing out without significant provocation. I will remember it forever. This is not a person I would ever trust.

Hmmmm, all this over a UPS package that wasn't delivered right to her door, huh? Did anyone have any occasion by chance to see who the package was from? This is interesting.

So, does anyone have an opinion where the body was before it was moved. IF, indeed it was moved?

TIA

angarella said:
So, does anyone have an opinion where the body was before it was moved. IF, indeed it was moved?

TIA

I think the body moved here and there under the influence of waxing and waning rigor mortis. It started out in the bedroom, crawled over to the stairwell like an inchworm, and tumbled down the spiral stairs, banging it's head. Although the rest of the itinerary is sketchy, it eventually made it's way to the wine cellar. With it's last dying spasm, it wrapped itself in the blanket and rolled over onto it's back. Then the hands and arms shot rearward and the head jerked to the right, and that was all she wrote.

On a more serious note, are there any items in the long list of evidence that are not deemed important to the solution of the mystery? Which items could we eliminate and still be convinced of the correctness of our theories?

I remember thinking how odd it all seemed, when the news of this kidnapping first broke, and there was mention that someone had left a ransom note on some steps, written on a pad belonging in the house. Later it was reported that Patsy came to the door to meet the police officer. For some reason, I had assumed that the steps were on the outside of the house. I kept picturing Patsy standing in front of an open door on the stoop at the head of these steps. I thought this is a weird place to be leaving a ransom note. What would keep the wind from blowing it away or the snow from obliterating it? I also thought it was odd that the kidnapper had written his note on their pad. Only later did I learn that the steps were those of the spiral stairs, inside the house. It was at that moment that it all made perfectly good sense.

RedChief,

It never made any sense to me, as to why the alleged abductor should place the ransom note on the staircase.

A table maybe, on a door, on a wall, in the kitchen, on Jonbenet's bed, but at the bottom of the stairs, mmmmm, did the abductor know something that we do not?

Her body may have been in the breakfast bar, lying on the table, then taken upstairs to be re-dressed, re-fashioned, restyled, then downstairs to the basement, then to the wine cellar.

Or it was from the breakfast bar to the basement, then back up to her bedroom to be redressed and cleaned up then back down to the wine cellar.

The ransom note and wine cellar staging are there to explicitly throw you completely off the scent.

Precisely. Why was the note left where it was; or, to ask it another way, why did the Ramseys say the note was left where it was?

Thinking out loud: you sneak into the child's bedroom and snatch her; that's as simple as snapping your fingers, which for me isn't so simple; I'm all thumbs.

You're there to take possession of her and whisk her away to a safe hiding place, where she'll dine on quince and slices of mince (or is it the other way 'round?) and an occasional jelly bean as a reward for good behavior.

You've already written the ransom note and carefully worked out where you'll put it on conspicuous display. I guess you could write two identical notes since there are two sets of stairs leading from the parents' bedroom, but, no, you've settled on one. Now, usually when you snatch a baby from his carriage, you leave the note in the carriage; why, I can only imagine. So, why wouldn't you leave the note on the bed if you snatched the girl from her bedroom? Well, cuz maybe you didn't snatch her from her bedroom. But, you didn't snatch her from a lower rung of the spiral stairs either. So, where did you snatch her from? A diller, a dollar, a ten-o'clock scholar.

OK, this is a house we're dealing with, not a sunny nook in a city park. Maybe we (you, they) can leave the note at the door where we exit. Too risky; too many doors; it'll take the parents a fortnight to find the note. We've got reservations on a flight to Mexico City tomorrow night. We gotta put it where it'll be found "immediately". We'll pin it to the body; that way when they find the body they'll find the note. No, wait. That won't work. Let's see....we've addressed the note to John. John is a pilot. John likes to do aerobatics. It's obvious he'd prefer the spiral stairs. Voila!

Now, please don't vituperate me....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back