"The last time I 'saw' my daughter"

Great question. I would imagine she told CA that it was part of the "script".

Ah yes, the script. I had forgotten that little mistruth. Did she ever produce it for anyone else to read?

Sorry, I got all wrapped up about the interpreter aspect, but I thought this was a great post and I am SO on that page....it is not just KC, it's ALL of them. I have a pretty new grandbaby (my first) and we always refer to him by his name, or our "little guy" or something. But they all call Caylee "My grandaughter" or "the child" or "my daughter" like she was a piece of furniture. Sadly it looks as if the furniture in that hjouse is accorded more care and respect than that beautiful baby.

Not being rude, but may I ask what is the difference in calling a child "the little guy" and the Anthonys referring to Caylee as "that child" or "that little girl" or "my granddaughter?"
Where I am from, we do not always call our kids or grandkids by their names... we call them pet names sometimes and often refer to them as "that boy" or "that girl." But using terms like "my daughter" or "my son" is actually possessive, it's a way of establishing to the other person that the child in question belongs to YOU.
My stepdaugheter lived with us for several years as a teenager, and every time her mother would call, she would ask if her daughter was there or could she speak to "my daughter." It was a way of letting me know that even though she lived with me, that she was HER child.... not mine. I found it amusing, because I never once tried to act otherwise.
I know many people get irate when they hear the Anthonys refer to Caylee as "that child" or "that little girl" but I see nothing wrong with it.
Don't most husbands and wives have pet names for each other? Don't some mothers and fathers use pet names when talking to their child? Do you always refer to your child by their names, or do you shorten a name or use a nickname? See... there is really no difference in my mind.

Yes I would've said "the last time she was with me was..." Not the last time I saw her...

This is gross and I hate to even mention it, but all the talk about analyzing her words made this pop into my head. One of the lawyers on NG kept mentioning about Caylee's body being dismembered. If KC used a "saw" to dismember her, could that be why she is so emphatic about the last time she "saw" Caylee. Again, I hate to bring this up, but after the tape with the heart was discovered, we don't know what KC is capable of.

This is gross and I hate to even mention it, but all the talk about analyzing her words made this pop into my head. One of the lawyers on NG kept mentioning about Caylee's body being dismembered. If KC used a "saw" to dismember her, could that be why she is so emphatic about the last time she "saw" Caylee. Again, I hate to bring this up, but after the tape with the heart was discovered, we don't know what KC is capable of.

Exactly. She was no longer a person. Just a thing. I guess that is what I was getting at. I'd say "the last time I saw my coat"...but I wouldn't say that about my child.

you're absolutely right!
i've never been able to put my finger on what bothered me about that but you've got it!
that's how i talk about an object not a person.

I found it odd too. No terms of endearment. No emotion.

I also was struck by the number of excuses - she had an excuse for everything - I lost the phone, I lost the number - he moved - she moved ... any opportunity to colloborate her story and she has an excuse for it

I also found it weird that she claims she would just drop Caylee off and not takle her directly to the nanny - Caylee would climb the stairs and enter Zanni's apartment unsupervised... not a real strong parenting strategy!

That statement from KC never sat right with me either. At a minimum, I believe KC is deflecting her responsibility as a parent with her choice of words in that context. I wouldn't say, "She's the last person I saw her with" as if 2yo Caylee had a choice in the matter. I would say, "She's the last person I left her with".

<<Regardless of how it happened...>>

respectfully snipped

This has always bothered me too. Regardless of how it happened?? Is she serious? To LE, the MOST important clue they have to finding Caylee was "how it happened". I think Casey just expected LE to just skim over her BS and move on just the way her parents did. She just makes me ill when she tells her parents in the jail conversation "I need to be looked at as a victim too, just like you guys", or something like that.

Ya know, as crazy as it sounds, that is exactly what I think, too! She has been feeding GA & CA her lies for so long, and they just overlook it, swallow it hook-line & sinker, and go on with life. I think, as hard as it is to actually believe it, that KC thought she could just do the same to the police and they would buy her story without checking anything out! She really isn't very bright from what I can see as this has played out! JMO, of course!

In that interview, Casey also says " I dropped her off", pauses, then goes on to say with Zenaida or she's with someone else. She "dropped her off" allright.

Sorry, I got all wrapped up about the interpreter aspect, but I thought this was a great post and I am SO on that page....it is not just KC, it's ALL of them. I have a pretty new grandbaby (my first) and we always refer to him by his name, or our "little guy" or something. But they all call Caylee "My grandaughter" or "the child" or "my daughter" like she was a piece of furniture. Sadly it looks as if the furniture in that hjouse is accorded more care and respect than that beautiful baby.

You are right about how they referred to Caylee. My husband and I adopted a set of boy/girl twins when they were taken from biomom at 5 months. One of the many problems that the biomom had was she would call her son by his given name. However when she would refer to her daughter she would say "the girl" or "The little girl" or "her". It got so bad that during supervised visitation I had the case worker ask the biomom what WAS the baby girl's name? It took her a minute to recall. This child was never held by the biomom. Always left in her car seat or carseat. Only held by the caseworker when she came. She was very disconnected with our baby girl. I think that is exactly what Casey had done. I truly think that Casey was always about show. I don;t think she ever truly bonded with that baby.

yanknrebel - lucky you!! How are your babies? I am envious - but in a good way.

I never followed the complete thread regarding the people who lived in the houses near where the body was found - but wasn't one of the person's names Zenaida? And if she lived in a house that was abutting the area, could KC have put the body there with Z? And therefor this is the last time she saw her?

I never followed the complete thread regarding the people who lived in the houses near where the body was found - but wasn't one of the person's names Zenaida? And if she lived in a house that was abutting the area, could KC have put the body there with Z? And therefor this is the last time she saw her?

Hey it was even more weird than that. On the exact property line where Caylee was found on one side was a Z. and on the other side was a Gonzales...Now WHAT are the odds of THAT?

You are right about how they referred to Caylee. My husband and I adopted a set of boy/girl twins when they were taken from biomom at 5 months. One of the many problems that the biomom had was she would call her son by his given name. However when she would refer to her daughter she would say "the girl" or "The little girl" or "her". It got so bad that during supervised visitation I had the case worker ask the biomom what WAS the baby girl's name? It took her a minute to recall. This child was never held by the biomom. Always left in her car seat or carseat. Only held by the caseworker when she came. She was very disconnected with our baby girl. I think that is exactly what Casey had done. I truly think that Casey was always about show. I don;t think she ever truly bonded with that baby.

Have you ever read the book " A Boy called It"? Same thing. Gives me chills. Good for you for giving this child a chance to feel and know love.

Hey it was even more weird than that. On the exact property line where Caylee was found on one side was a Z. and on the other side was a Gonzales...Now WHAT are the odds of THAT?

:eek: I should probably remove myself to the rant thread as I am spinning on this one. Do we really need anymore crazy stuff to surface in this case?

But back to the original topic....yep, Caseys words are carefully chosen, IMO.
They are hinky and very deceptive. I've always believed everything that we've heard out of both KC's and CA's mouth was scripted, especially on the day CA found KC. What bothers me more is that at one point KC refers to the script given to her by ZG at Jay Blanchard Park. I do not believe that anyone with a real name of ZG did this, but I do believe a script is very much part of this. KC tried to stick to the ZG story, but when she started to improvise she got herself in trouble. She learned quickly that her best option was to shut up, so now she sits patiently in jail, waiting.

What surprised me was the way she was questioned at Universal and after it was pointed out that she longer worked there they said lets run through this again , or similar, then they said ok, you went to work as usual...and she said yes, .They knew she no longer worked there so why did they allow her to go along with the employed story . Sounds just like what the A's let her get by with to me. Everyone feeding in to her stories does not get to the truth. MOO

KC’s interviews always creep me out. When KC is lying it sounds like she’s making it up as she goes along, but tries to make it more credible by weaving in things she’s heard or seen. Like the “Hi, Mommy” phone call. I think that came from her viewing the video Cindy took at the nursing home with Caylee reading the book, and the "I will lie, steal, whatever I have to do to get my daughter back" came from Scarlett O’Hara in Gone with the Wind. (If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again. – note: interesting KC left out kill)
Trying to analyze KC’s lies is like playing Name that Tune. I can name that lie in 4 words. I can name it in two…:crazy:
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back