"The last time I 'saw' my daughter"

I think she uses the terms "saw" and "seen" because the last time she was with Caylee, Caylee was already deceased. That is how her brain has worked around that.

Exactly. She was no longer a person. Just a thing. I guess that is what I was getting at. I'd say "the last time I saw my coat"...but I wouldn't say that about my child.

Great post!
My mom is stuck on the "Regardless of how it happened" too. How much more obvious can you get??

It's funny you posted about her voice pattern, I noticed something on NG last night...
My younger (21) sister is, to put it mildly, a pathological liar. One thing that I have noticed about her (my sister) is that her voice pattern does change when she's lying..for lack of a better description, sometimes she gets "sing-songy". Her voice gets more high pitched, like she's trying to "show off". With that being said, it struck me last night when I heard the tape of KC being interrogated by St. Allen (I believe it was him, it was either Melich, Wells, or Allen), and she was talking about when Caylee supposedly called her the day before she was arrested. She describes what Caylee said in the SAME EXACT high pitched, sing-songy voice that I've heard my sister use..."She (Caylee) said "Hi, Mommy", etc.
Her voice pattern doesn't change much, definitely when she's getting an attitude, mainly with Melich in that one interrogation, and also at that one point of the tape.

Liar. :furious:

Yep, same thing with my 'liar'.....you could 'hear' the lie in the tone of their voice...(most of the time).

It seems like the only times KC has shown emotion is when the conversation turns to her. In the interview she did get emotional at the end when they were asking her if anyone had ever hurt her and her relationship with her mom. I was also struck when her tone changed towards the end when the good cop was talking to her..It was almost like she had told her story and seemed relieved that she got through it. Also when KC was talking about the phone call she received from Caylee she made a comment about there was no background noise. Seemed like a take from an old movie where the detectives analyze the call and get clues from the background noise..Who would say that!!!..I thought it was great that LE basically got KC to admit she had been lying all the way through the interview and she didn't even realize it..Most people would get upset when being accused of making a false statement but she just kept agreeing with LE and then admited that not everything she said was a lie. I've always thought this interview is going to play a big part in the trial.

I just don't know what to say !
How Sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How Sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How Sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JMO
jjgram

God Has Little Angel Caylee Now ! ! ! He Cares for her !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking back watching and listening to the "Lost" visit with CA/GA, KC makes the remark that visit was the first time in a month that she was upset.

She stated she had not been that upset since the time she was interviewed by LE. KWIM, the interview tapes surely don't portray her being upset, quite the opposite. No fist pounding air, no scrunching of mouth in anger, no telling LE to please, please listen to her and find her daughter. Nadda, zippo, zilch of concern, other than for herself.

I would like to know how Cindy reconciles kc's statement ,"The last time I saw my daughter was June 9th",kc telling her mom she and Caylee were vacationing with ZG at the end of June and that she had a car accident and was taking care of ZG in the hospital....:waitasec:

It also bothers me that KC stated in the interview that they had video of Caylee reading the book that Caylee was talking about in the so called phone conversation KC received on July 15th. I'm not sure why but it seems to set off my hinky meter..

I always thought it was strange the way Casey tells the police in her recorded interview about the last time "I saw her" and "Zenaida was the last person I saw my daughter with." She constantly says that she saw Caylee. I mean, if she brought Caylee to Zenaida's, then she brought her there - she didn't see her there. Know what I mean?

I can't quite put my finger on it. I just would never say "I saw my child." I'd say that I had him, he was with me, etc.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
I have had trouble with that from "day 1" too and have said so. Just odd way of wording it.

I'm sure this has been beaten around many times, but could it be that so much crap was going on in that house that Casee developed a split personality, and she is Zanaida in her own mind?

Great post!
My mom is stuck on the "Regardless of how it happened" too. How much more obvious can you get??

It's funny you posted about her voice pattern, I noticed something on NG last night...
My younger (21) sister is, to put it mildly, a pathological liar. One thing that I have noticed about her (my sister) is that her voice pattern does change when she's lying..for lack of a better description, sometimes she gets "sing-songy". Her voice gets more high pitched, like she's trying to "show off". With that being said, it struck me last night when I heard the tape of KC being interrogated by St. Allen (I believe it was him, it was either Melich, Wells, or Allen), and she was talking about when Caylee supposedly called her the day before she was arrested. She describes what Caylee said in the SAME EXACT high pitched, sing-songy voice that I've heard my sister use..."She (Caylee) said "Hi, Mommy", etc.
Her voice pattern doesn't change much, definitely when she's getting an attitude, mainly with Melich in that one interrogation, and also at that one point of the tape.

Liar. :furious:
I noticed this, too- while she was insisting she had a Universal ID badge and her Mom and Dad had seen it too!

Hmmmmm.......

It depends upon what the meaning of the word is means. If is means is, and never has been, that's one thing. If it means, there is none, that was a completely true statement.

Bill Clinton

This is so sad, but Caylee never had a chance in this family unit............it's BEYOND dysfunction.......
IMO, I hope it's not to late for CA/GA/LA. Would they rather die together than testify against kc? or go to jail for their part in this if any OJ?
CA family was so afraid of suicide of CA before, CA was afraid of suicide for GA and IMO LA is not to stable either.............MOO

I don't know how she maintained composure long enough to say ANYTHING. If this were my daughter, half of what I would say would be unrecognizable as an English word due to the hysterics I would be in.

That being said, my toddler wandered off in my house while I was washing something in the sink. Panic made me freeze momentarily and then run through out the entire house like a mad woman, only to start crying a bit... and then finding her in the dog bed. I mean, only for a moment was my child somewhere I was unsure and I was overwhelmed with panic.

This woman is truely something.

We have to remember...she had 31 days to "calm" down from the hysterics of her missing child. And the news just gets worse and worse.

IDK if this has been mentioned but I think we are missing what KC is saying.. Last Time she Saw Caylee.. she never says the last time she saw Caylee alive.. she just says she saw her.. unfortuneately probably means she saw her.. dead.

I'm sure this has been beaten around many times, but could it be that so much crap was going on in that house that Casee developed a split personality, and she is Zanaida in her own mind?

I don't think it is a full blown "split personality"-I just think it is a grand game of make-believe. KC goes off to "work" for the day, dropping off Caylee with "Zanny the Nanny". I think it is almost like role playing for KC-somebody else that she can be while she's doing something that she doesn't really want to be doing. I think she may also "play" Juliette the confidante. Imaginary friends she can become to take herself away from the life she isn't satisfied with. Not really a disorder or psychotic break, more like a coping mechanism....

There's a lot of verb tense change in her statement to police.

ETA: Would not be surprised if LE has had a LSAT expert(LINGUISTIC STATEMENT ANALYSIS TECHNIQUE) analyze her written statements.

That would be very interesting reading! Has anyone read that book about Natalee Holloway called "Into the Deep" where the emails and statements from the boys are analyzed and interpreted? It was really hasrd going, but I have often thought KC should be looked at in this way. What an eye opener it would be!

OT I'm in the process of reading a true crime book called "Language of Evil" by Robert Beattie. Good read so far. The man convicted of his wife's murder was a professor of linguistics.

I would love to see a forensic linguist interpret KC's use of words.

I would like to know how Cindy reconciles kc's statement ,"The last time I saw my daughter was June 9th",kc telling her mom she and Caylee were vacationing with ZG at the end of June and that she had a car accident and was taking care of ZG in the hospital....:waitasec:

Great question. I would imagine she told CA that it was part of the "script".

<<Regardless of how it happened...>>

respectfully snipped

This has always bothered me too. Regardless of how it happened?? Is she serious? To LE, the MOST important clue they have to finding Caylee was "how it happened". I think Casey just expected LE to just skim over her BS and move on just the way her parents did. She just makes me ill when she tells her parents in the jail conversation "I need to be looked at as a victim too, just like you guys", or something like that.

I always thought it was strange the way Casey tells the police in her recorded interview about the last time "I saw her" and "Zenaida was the last person I saw my daughter with." She constantly says that she saw Caylee. I mean, if she brought Caylee to Zenaida's, then she brought her there - she didn't see her there. Know what I mean?

I can't quite put my finger on it. I just would never say "I saw my child." I'd say that I had him, he was with me, etc.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Sorry, I got all wrapped up about the interpreter aspect, but I thought this was a great post and I am SO on that page....it is not just KC, it's ALL of them. I have a pretty new grandbaby (my first) and we always refer to him by his name, or our "little guy" or something. But they all call Caylee "My grandaughter" or "the child" or "my daughter" like she was a piece of furniture. Sadly it looks as if the furniture in that hjouse is accorded more care and respect than that beautiful baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back