The missing evidence

I don't understand at all why the DF didn't talk more about the drowning theory during trial. Really? It floors me. Opening statements by the DF set up an entirely new swing on a possible scenerio but why didn't they argue that in court? (apparently JB believes what his client says to him). What would the jurors think that not one mention as to the drowning was described?? Is it because they would totally fail at it due to make believe theories?

I agree. In my not-legally-trained point of view, the DF did a terrible job. Instead of concentrating on holes in the prosecution's case, they made up a crazy scenario that had plenty of holes of its own, they bounced around CA and GA on the stand like they were ping pong balls, they brought out evidence and asked questions that allowed their target (GA) to look more sympathetic and likeable to the jury, and JB came off as shallow and sinister.

I am still wondering why her jailhouse penpal letters were not brought up by either side. Primarily DT, but I know the state could have used it too.

I forget, was that excluded for some specific reason?

Was there ever any explanation of why the laptop wasn't analyzed? I thin she seemed to have it with her the whole time.

I guess what is popping out to me is Zanny. I am wondering if Casey only mention Zanny once she was caught, and Cindy went with it because she knew what happen to Caylee. I bet they had no clue where she was. I would think if they did, they would of gone to her. Forgive me if this has been said or examined. I still wish Casey would of gotten on the stand.

I guess what is popping out to me is Zanny. I am wondering if Casey only mention Zanny once she was caught, and Cindy went with it because she knew what happen to Caylee. I bet they had no clue where she was. I would think if they did, they would of gone to her. Forgive me if this has been said or examined. I still wish Casey would of gotten on the stand.

KC first mentioned Zanny in 2006 I believe. Her name was brought up occasionally. GA says, when KC and Caylee left on July 16, both KC and Caylee mentioned they were headed out to Zanny's.

Well, this KISS theory made me smile and I appreciate that and the thought-sharing.

But, I didn't find it simple at all. Maybe it's me. The idea of Leonard Padilla or his staff deleting computer files to cover for Casey is just Difficult to imagine.

Here's my KISS theory:

Casey is a sociopath who viewed her growing daughter as an impediment to her partying, a potential squealer who could tell mom on her soon, and someone who got more attention than Casey herself.

So, Casey thinks:

Time to get rid of the kid. Knock her out with boatloads of homemade chloroform, tape her nose and mouth to ensure she doesn't wake up, hide her in the wheel well of the trunk, and then go hang with TonE and keep CeeCee (gag me) at bay with the nanny story until I can think of the next move. It would be better to off mom and dad and get the house too, but dad's already suspicious of me and mom is like a cockroach; unsquashable.

Over the next couple of days:
Oh crap, it stinks in this car. Damn kid; it must be the body. Shoulda thought about that. Bummer, having such a good time with TonE and all the club peeps, shopping too, but must get rid of the smell that's harshing my gig before anybody starts asking questions. Time to sneak home to get trash bags, blanket, and laundry bag; will do what we did with Ginger. Okay, get this overwith. Man, it's heavier than I thought; gross... Wouldn't want to break into the shed again for a shovel and have dad call the cops, such a loser. Borrow a shovel from the neighbor dude; he wants me. Oh hell, should have taped the top of the bag, gross stuff spilling on the lawn. Just get it done; hose down the back yard a little and dig a plot before any sees you. FFS, the ground is too hard, what to do?. Aha, take the body to the makeshift pet cemetery and hide it. If I hurry, I can make it to Fusian for happy hour.

Party, party, party, sex, sex, sex, lie, lie, lie, tattoo... Man, the car still smells and it's getting worse. That kid is still causing me problems. Blame it on dumb--s dad hitting a squirrel, in case anybody noticed. Good one. Must get rid of the car. Ditch it at the Ascott when it's low on gas; where I ran out of gas before. Good idea. Park it by the dumpster so the smell doesn't stand out immediately; leave daybook, shoes, doll, etc... so it will appear that I ran out of gas again and me and the kid got jacked when the car gets identified. Bet dad will feel like total crap about making such a big deal of those stupid gas cans... By the time the car is identified, I'll be long gone; better get my party on good before I go on the down low. God I'm smart and such a good liar...

Party, party, party, sex, sex, sex, lie, lie, lie, procrastinate... How rude, busted by mom at TonE's. God I hate this bi---. Use your head Casey; no biggie. Beg mom to give me one more day (and I'll be long gone in the morning). Geez, mom ain't playing; she really called the cops. Oh well, the cops are dumber than dad and Lee. Been telling mom the kid was at the nanny's, so stick with that part of the story and blame it on the nanny, a kidnapping - brilliant, almost as good as carjack abduction. Stick to the work story too; it's worked so far. Oh, and tell the parents you can't give all the details because it could endanger their lives and you won't do that to them. Hee hee, they'll buy it, suckers. Be kinda fun to watch them suffer while they beg me for information and love me for wanting to protect them at all costs. While everyone's looking for the nanny and feeling sorry for me, I'll hit the road... Wait about a month and then slip out when the heat dies down; say I'm off to find Caylee... Perfect...

Damn, cops are all over this in a hurry. Not buying my story, losers. Now they want me to take them to my office; hey, why not? Once they see I'm willing, they'll believe me, everybody does. Wow, this Yuri dude is an ahole; who does he think is? Can't believe they're arresting me for lying; smile for the videographer (glad I'm wearing my new Target hoodie; my *advertiser censored* look killer, wonder if TonE is watching)...

Well, you know the rest. Out of denial and then preservation, the family starts lying and covering up...

I think it is a fairly simple but extremely twisted case of hate + retaliation + immeasurable selfishness = evil.

Justice is just around the corner sweet Caylee... You are cherished by so many...

This is great... now, the real question is can the jurors figure this out? Has all of this evidence been presented during the trial?

Mom and dad and Lee know I put heart stickers on all the bags when we buried them. Thank God none of them said anything.
Interesting, I wonder if this is true...

I don't think that makes her any smarter than the average 22yr old growing up in the age of the internet. It just makes her a 22yr old with A LOT of free time and a vivid imagination.

As for the money theft, her parents were enablers.

I don't think it makes her any smarter either....but she wasn't dumb.

Do you really believe that ICA is that smart or that Cindy was that gullible?

Yes. ICA wasn't a rocket scientist but she wasn't an idiot either. CA wanted to believe in her daughter. If she wasn't "that gullible" ICA wouldn't have been able to gain access to "100's of CA's checks".

I was in a relationship with a sociopath for 8 long years. They are charming and convincing in a way most people can't understand...even after you have caught them in lie after lie they can convince you to believe them again. It's what they do. We've all met many of them but most people wouldn't recognize one unless you've been burned. Take a second look at that person you know who EVERYONE LOVES.

I guess what is popping out to me is Zanny. I am wondering if Casey only mention Zanny once she was caught...
I've gone thru the Witness Testimony, and Lee's State's testimony has him never knowing there WAS a nanny at the July 15-16th evening "confrontation", and then he had to repeat the "Zenaida" name to Cindy.

It seems everyone believes "Zenaida" was being used for a year or so (I did, too) but, in fact, only Casey is saying she was using it, and getting her friends to agree. Or "don't remember".

George and Cindy have police interviews that say this as well. "We didn't know the nanny's name until July 16th" but then they're on TV later, claiming Casey told them this name a year earlier.

It's hard for me to believe grandparents wouldn't have forced a meeting - even a face-to-face pickup/dropoff with a nanny IF they heard one was being used. I don't think they ever believed Casey had a nanny until they were told to believe it.

And that's entirely consistent with family behavior. What is not consistent is these supposedly loving, devoted grandparents never meeting 'a nanny'.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310276/detail.html

Casey was a better student academically than Lee, and he was in the gifted program. They never had Casey tested for gifted.

JMO, she was smart enough and more than devious enough to do whatever it took to get what she wanted.

The whole Zanny thing bothers me, too. Caylee could talk. If the nanny story was used for such a long time, then CA and GA would have heard about Zanny from Caylee. Even something as simple as 'Did you have fun with Zanny today?" would have elicited a response from their granddaughter that didn't make sense. GA even said at one point early in the trial that he asked Caylee if she she was going to Zanny's and she said Zanny the Nanny. If Zany was a fantasy, then Caylee would not have resonded like that. I think GA was lying then. And you cannot tell me that for years, these loving grandparents didn't once ask why they never saw or heard from the nanny. There is just too much deception and denial in this family. The poor child didn't have a chance.

As far as the computer searches being deleted, I believe that Casey downloaded the Firefox browser into the computer and used it for the "bad" searches instead of internet explorer. Later, all she had to do was delete the entire browser from the computer by right clicking it with the mouse and clicking the delete option. Unfortunately for her she was the only one who ever deleted ANY internet browser history and it was all there in the unallocated space, from the day she downloaded and began using it to the day she stopped using it and deleted it at a later time as a whole.

The whole Zanny thing bothers me, too. Caylee could talk. If the nanny story was used for such a long time, then CA and GA would have heard about Zanny from Caylee. Even something as simple as 'Did you have fun with Zanny today?" would have elicited a response from their granddaughter that didn't make sense. GA even said at one point early in the trial that he asked Caylee if she she was going to Zanny's and she said Zanny the Nanny. If Zany was a fantasy, then Caylee would not have resonded like that. I think GA was lying then. And you cannot tell me that for years, these loving grandparents didn't once ask why they never saw or heard from the nanny. There is just too much deception and denial in this family. The poor child didn't have a chance.

That's why some of us believe that one of the reasons she ended up "doing it" is because Caylee was beginning to talk....:(

The stuff that didn't come in, there must have been a reason for it not being submitted.

What's missing in my mind is this. If Casey was using the Zanny, the nanny for a year and a half at minimum, how in the world did she find enough info on Zenaida to make her the scapegoat to interject her in the kidnapping story? She couldn't have just happened onto Sawgrass Apts. on the very day Zenaida went there to look at an apartment. Maybe being the daughter of an X-cop, she looked up the name on the internet, got the address and started following this woman around? Any thoughts?

What's missing in my mind is this. If Casey was using the Zanny, the nanny for a year and a half at minimum, how in the world did she find enough info on Zenaida to make her the scapegoat to interject her in the kidnapping story? She couldn't have just happened onto Sawgrass Apts. on the very day Zenaida went there to look at an apartment. Maybe being the daughter of an X-cop, she looked up the name on the internet, got the address and started following this woman around? Any thoughts?

I just posted this exact question in another thread! KC must have somehow seen the guest registry at the Sawgrass Apartments a day or two after Caylee died, when ZFG went and signed in to look at an apartment. I know she had a friend that lived there. KC then used Zenaida and Sawgrass for her alibi.

For all we know, Casey called McDonald's "Zanny's" - she could have called a lot of places "Zanny's" and Caylee could have been responding to whatever she had been told was Zanny.

I just posted this exact question in another thread! KC must have somehow seen the guest registry at the Sawgrass Apartments a day or two after Caylee died, when ZFG went and signed in to look at an apartment. I know she had a friend that lived there. KC then used Zenaida and Sawgrass for her alibi.

Thank you natsound but, that wasn't my question. Did she purposely seek out someone named Zenaida to line up with "Zanny", the nanny term which she had been using at a minimum of a yr. and a half? She must have sought out the name Zenaida in the Orlando area, maybe off Myspace? Then she somehow got the address and started following the woman around trying to find a place she went to say that's where she dropped Caylee off. We know she didn't know this woman, so the Zenaida story was something she came up during the 31 days insinuating it was "Zanny" on purpose. Get what I mean now? How do you use someone's name "Zanny" for a yr. and a half before you ever saw her?

Thank you natsound but, that wasn't my question. Did she purposely seek out someone named Zenaida to line up with "Zanny", the nanny term which she had been using at a minimum of a yr. and a half? She must have sought out the name Zenaida in the Orlando area, maybe off Myspace? Then she somehow got the address and started following the woman around trying to find a place she went to say that's where she dropped Caylee off. We know she didn't know this woman, so the Zenaida story was something she came up during the 31 days insinuating it was "Zanny". Get what I mean now? How do you use someone's name "Zanny" for a yr. and a half before you ever saw her?

I believe she was at Sawgrass and saw Zenaida's name, and it stuck in her mind for future use, just like "Jeff Hopkins" and "Juliette Lewis". It's my belief that she never sought out a Zenaida, but came across that name after she killed Caylee and filed it away in her mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roller Derby
Back