The REAL images they are not showing us

I can't bear to look, but I watched 2 different news channels tonite - flipped back and forth. O'Railly and Gingrich were making excuses and trying to predict of this will "hurt" Bush (Oh, nnoooo)
and all these rationalizations and bait and switch subject type things.

CNN - reported exactly what's going on right now in NO it's still horrifying; they showed a man (white) lying in a stretcher dying.

It was Aaron Brown brown and just telling it like it is. They interviews a black senator from Texas telling about the activities going on there. I felt like it was honest reporting.

Why do some channels not want to be honest; they are obviously controlled by somebody.

SieSie said:
I don't have an answer, but a question similar to yours - what about all of the bodies of the people who were already dead and buried - there's no way they could identify all of them! Will there just be a mass grave, since names would be almost impossible to be verified, with some huge memorial or something?? So, so sad.

You are very on target. I just heard that no autopsies will be performed with the exception of suspicious deaths. The State will be buying land for a mass burial and a memorial. They will be using photographs, dental records and DNA to identify the dead.

concernedperson said:
You are very on target. I just heard that no autopsies will be performed with the exception of suspicious deaths. The State will be buying land for a mass burial and a memorial. They will be using photographs, dental records and DNA to identify the dead.

Ah, thanks for the info - I wondered how they would go about this daunting task. Mass burial and memorial. So very sad!

As far as identifying the deceased, I would imagine that they will be setting up a unit, siimilar to what was set up after the WTC. A forensic team to try to determine identity for the deceased. Just a guess though.

People will still be discovering bodies a month from now, maybe two months, maybe longer.

I saw the footage on CNN of that bloated man floating in the water.

I just can't understand how our govenment could have been so lax to allow all this to happen in the first place. They were warned repeatedly by engineers regarding the condition of the levees.

:(

Can you imagine looking online and seeing someone you recognize? :(

spygirl said:
People will still be discovering bodies a month from now, maybe two months, maybe longer.

I saw the footage on CNN of that bloated man floating in the water.

I just can't understand how our govenment could have been so lax to allow all this to happen in the first place. They were warned repeatedly by engineers regarding the condition of the levees.

:(

I've been told my house isn't going to withstand a tornado of category 3 or 4 - that don't mean I have the money to make it withstand that. Foods gotta go on the table. Of course, we could have cut federal aide somewhere else and put it in the levees, but then those folks would be a little upset that their needs weren't met.

less0305 said:
I've been told my house isn't going to withstand a tornado of category 3 or 4 - that don't mean I have the money to make it withstand that. Foods gotta go on the table. Of course, we could have cut federal aide somewhere else and put it in the levees, but then those folks would be a little upset that their needs weren't met.
Unfortunately, since 2001, Congress and the Bush administration cut funding for the city's two main flood-control programs - including its giant levees - almost in half. Yeah, there's folks who are a little upset that their needs were not met.

spygirl said:
Unfortunately, since 2001, Congress and the Bush administration cut funding for the city's two main flood-control programs - including its giant levees - almost in half. Yeah, there's folks who are a little upset that their needs were not met.

And those levees have been a problem since the 1930's. I don't think the Bush administration was around in the 30's. Who put the levees in anyway? I thought everyone said the city was much better off before the levees were ever put in and the wetlands reduced.

less0305 said:
And those levees have been a problem since the 1930's. I don't think the Bush administration was around in the 30's. Who put the levees in anyway? I thought everyone said the city was much better off before the levees were ever put in and the wetlands reduced.
yeah, I totally agree with you.

who in the hell's brilliant idea was it to build a city below sea level?
Let's defy nature, push the water back and think that something we build -- man-made -- is going to keep one of the 4 forces of the world out.

Man can't fight the 4 forces of the world when they are at their strongest:
earth, wind, fire and water.

The coast line is the coast line.
Period.

Same thing is going to happen elsewhere.
And in LA, big earthquakes are going to happen...
what's going to be done now to prevent those?

Some big questions are when did we know the levees could break, when did we know the damage was getting worse, and when was aid to fix them denied. Bush said no one could have anticipated that they would break, but we know that's far from the truth. And his administration denied money that was requested to fix them. That's all documented and linked and discussed. So, Bush bears some blame.

If you want to spread it out, trace it back to the first guy responsible and divide by the number you get. But don't forget Bush, because he is one of them.

Hmmmm

Terrorism vs. levee
Education vs. levee
Healthcare vs. levee
Justice system vs. levee ...

I could see why it got pushed down on the priority list a time or too.
What did the state do with their funding?
How did they balance their budget?

PrayersForMaura said:
Hmmmm

Terrorism vs. levee
Education vs. levee
Healthcare vs. levee

I am going to bump a thread you might find informative. I believe it is called "Money." Stand by. You will have more to add to your "x versus y" list. Though maybe some items you didn't anticipate.

PrayersForMaura said:
Hmmmm

Terrorism vs. levee
Education vs. levee
Healthcare vs. levee

What about
3 Million Dollars to teach youngsters to golf (FL) vs. levee
90 Thousand Dollars for a Cowgirl Museum vs. levee
273 Thousand Dollars to understand Goth culture (MO) vs. levee
223 Million Dollar bridge for 50 residents (AK) vs. levee

etc., etc., etc...

SieSie said:
What about

etc., etc., etc...
It's still the state's responsibility to fight for the legislature to pass for increased spending.

Dara said:
Some big questions are when did we know the levees could break, when did we know the damage was getting worse, and when was aid to fix them denied. Bush said no one could have anticipated that they would break, but we know that's far from the truth. And his administration denied money that was requested to fix them. That's all documented and linked and discussed. So, Bush bears some blame.

If you want to spread it out, trace it back to the first guy responsible and divide by the number you get. But don't forget Bush, because he is one of them.
http://www.cnsnews.com/ThisHour.asp#Louisiana%20Officials%20Could%20Lose%20the%20Katrina%20Blame%20Game

Yes, I know it's got a conservative bend to it.

SieSie said:
What about

etc., etc., etc...
Yep, on that I do agree. This country has become a "pork led" nation. We expect our Senators and Reps to bring home buckies to our state, or they risk not getting reelected.
As my above story shows, even when they "get" the buckies for something important, it doesn't always mean much.

KrazyKollector said:
Thanks. I scanned it and I'll read in more depth. Not sure I can handle a conservative bent at this particular moment but I'll try later. The reason I'm concerned that Bush seems to be getting a complete pass on this is that he's still the one in charge. I won't blame him for what was not under his watch, but I will hold him accountable for his actions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back