The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
After following true crime for a while, I have noticed a obvious pattern: when the bodie(s) are effectively concealed, the perpetrator was unusually known to the victim, when the bodie(s) are not concealed, the perpetrator had no ties to the victim. This pattern doesn't always hold, but the correlation is pretty strong.

Sharon Zellers was hidden in a storm drain . Despite the option of the court . Robert craig Cox quickly blew into town for a vacation, had not been for the severed tounge he probably would have left town without being a suspect .

The Wickham and Boice Kidnappings he was taking them to secluded locations .

That was his MO in those Three Stranger offenses . Although he somewhat bungled all three dosent give you the confidence he could pull off three persons at once without some shred of evidence .

DL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I am happy this thread has been re-opened, there was a lot of muck thrown around with little to no sources and it is hard to determine what is fact and what is opinion.

There are two things that have been thrown around with no sources and before I discredit them, I want to see if anyone can back them up.

1) I read on an earlier WS thread there was a pregnancy test found in a trash can. Does anyone have a source for this? No one has brought it up again and while I am inclined to believe it is speculation, I wanted to know if anyone else had read this, too. If not, I will move on.

2) I also recall reading on the thread but cannot find an outside source that stated that the footage used in the 48 hours piece of the evidence being taken from the house was recreated for the program. Any sources? If not, I will move on.

I understand these may not be hard hitting questions but after rereading the previous threads ( and unfortunately the airalex and topix threads) I believe many things are hearsay and want to clear them up.

This is JMO, I think there was one target. The perp had some knowledge of LE. With a gun, the women would have cooperated and done as told, exiting the home, allowing the perp to leave no DNA or trace of what transpired.

I like your thinking.

True. I think this is possibly one of the creepiest cases I have heard of, the idea that three fit people just living their lives can be just disappeared in these circumstances. It really is chilling.

So agree with you there!!

<modsnip>

I will also add that whoever committed the 3MW crime didn't necessarily have to be an "Experienced Criminal". Its just as likely that they just "Got Lucky". It may have only been one person who committed the crime. If it was only one person, it would explain why the crime hasn't been solved yet. Just my opinion though.

Springfield News-Leader August 3, 1992
Inconsistencies
Allegations of drug use by McCall have been virtually eliminated. Streeter had perhaps experimented. Police have found no significant links between drugs and the women’s disappearances, but “I don’t know if we can ever completely ever eliminate it,” Deputy Chief Ron Worsham said.

Streeter’s car was found parked in the circle drive of her mother’s home, facing East. Witnesses and acquaintances say Streeter always parked facing North, behind her mother’scar, or she parked facing West.

One witness said that he saw the women’s cars parked differently at 3:45am on June 7[SUP]th[/SUP], than they were found the next day (Later that day).

A young male friend of the girls has given various accounts of the events he recalls between 8:00am and 9:00pm on June 7[SUP]th[/SUP]. He was one of those who entered Levitt’shouse early in the day apparently looking for the women. “We’ve pretty well cleared all that up”,Worsham said of the friends accounts. “He was simply confused on some times as to where he was.”

Also considered significant to the case: Levitt’spurse was found in her daughter’s bedroom next to Streeter’s and McCall’s. Levitt and Streeter were heavy smokers. Both left their cigarettes behind. Levitt’s dog was found unattended, and her front door was found unlocked.

Concerns to further investigate
They seem to focus on Levitt and her finances and include: The possibility she was living beyond her means of support, Her home repair expenses, The fact she used money orders instead of checks, The allegations she was a silent partner at the hair salon where she worked, Travels she may have had that could link her with illegal groups or activities, A past bankruptcy, And her insurance policies. Worsham said, “There are no signs her finances are out of order”. (Not sure why this statement is made, after they list all of those things that they felt were still concerns to further investigate??)

Streeter was alleged to have told a former boyfriend thather mother had dated someone she thought was a banker. That information clashes with what Levitt’sfriends and coworkers say….that she did not date and had no boyfriend.

An empty picture frame was found in Streeter’s bedroom. Can anyone tell police who may have been in that frame?

An obscene phone call was left on Levitt’s answering machine on June 5[SUP]th[/SUP]. However, before police could hear it, the message was erased, apparently by accident, by someone who came looking for the women before officers were called.

Articles of clothing unaccounted for at the house were McCall’s Yellow tee-shirt.

A witness said that at 6:30 to 7am on June 7[SUP]th[/SUP],she saw a dusty grey-green van driven by someone who looked like Streeter. The witness said she heard a male voice say, “OK,don’t make any silly moves, back up slowly and turn around.” She was wearing a yellow tee-shirt. (Note: the news story said “He” but I think they meant to say “She”)

Streeter had $400.00 in a bank account. Levitt had $768.00 in her account. It was not stated whether the women had other accounts.

Analysts believe that police cannot link a brown van, or acomposite drawing of a transient with the disappearance. Still, the van a brown 1967-1970 Dodge, was seen in the area several times, and there is still a possible link Worshamsaid. The same goes for the composite. A man was seen in the area several times and we’re still looking to identify that person,” Worsham said.

The south avenue convenient store sighting of Levitt earlyJune 7[SUP]th[/SUP], was bogus. The woman looking for three missing girls has been identified.

It appeared that Streeter and McCall had prepared for bed prior to their disappearance and may have been in bed when they were forced to leave.

Because there was no forced entry or signs of struggle inthe house, somebody known to the victims or using the influence of authority may have removed the women from the house.

Because the abductions took place at Levitt’s home, McCall does not appear to be the target.

There appears to be no sign of a struggle inside the house.

The analysts classified 349 issues surrounding the case as either Unresolved (181), or Resolved (168). Worsham said many of the unresolved issues have been worked out. The department’s goal was to eliminate all of them as unanswered questions.

I'm reposting this because I think is important to trying to figure out the 3MW case. Remember, this is from an updated news story that was printed on August 3, 1992.....two months after the 3MW crime occurred. What I'm trying to say is, after two months of solid investigation by several different agencies, these were some of the things that police were looking at. These are issues the police had with the case......without all of the twists and turns of rumor and inconsistently reported stories that followed in the years to come. If these were the things that police were still concerned with......two months into the investigation.....these things were important.....or at least some of them.

I'm reposting this because I think is important to trying to figure out the 3MW case. Remember, this is from an updated news story that was printed on August 3, 1992.....two months after the 3MW crime occurred. What I'm trying to say is, after two months of solid investigation by several different agencies, these were some of the things that police were looking at. These are issues the police had with the case......without all of the twists and turns of rumor and inconsistently reported stories that followed in the years to come. If these were the things that police were still concerned with......two months into the investigation.....these things were important.....or at least some of them.

This information is good to reread to clarify any lingering questions such as that bogus convenient store sighting. I have lost count of how often that has come up.

I strongly doubt this had to do with drugs. I do, however, believe it had to do with something else to do with some high rollers who had everything to gain by removing these women from the scene.

Suzie was due to testify the following Saturday. Although this ostensibly had to do with the grave desecration, it cannot be ruled out that in the questioning a lot of other information would have spilled out. If what I believe to be true had been revealed it would have been a major scandal.

How much were keeping these secrets worth? I would suggest the price would be the lives of three women.

Is there an official time (clock-time) for the Missing Person Report? Or even a copy of the MPR?

I believe Mrs McCall reported it on the afternoon of 7th June and the report was released on the morning of the 8th.

Another thing I'd like to clarify with those familiar with this case in relation to POI - RC. He is stated as having worked with the father of SM and elsewhere, that he was a utility locator. Can anyone confirm either/or, or both please.

Date of the "Incidental Report" was 6/7/92 at 22:48 hours. I have a copy in my files. What would you like to know?

Note: There "appears" to be no sign of a struggle. Interesting terminology.

That's just CYA in case they overlooked something. I wouldn't read anything into it .

TT

Could the moderator who deleted my post contact me please.

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SPD released their 2015 calls for service
Abductions 51
Missing person adult 388
Missing person juvenile 440 ( down from 615 in 2011),

TT

That's interesting.....they also think that a truck driver who LE thinks lived in this area, was responsible for the early 90's murder of Tammy Zewickie who's body was found around Mt. Vernon, Mo. on the side of I-44. I personally think there may be several long haul truckers that have been involved in activity such as this.....over the years. LE does too.

Hello members

For a while now I am reading your interesting and informative posts / opinions about the springfield three and I decided to join.
On our Tv there are lots of of programs from the USA of unsolved cases and disappearance , I heard about the springfield three case from Youtube,
from since I started to read a lot about it and I just could not forget about those 3 women.

I think that the fact they were abducted less than 24 hours after the graduation ceremony was not a coincidence,[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]Why the kidnapping didn't happened a week before or a week after? It's like someone waited especially to the end of the graduation.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]Suzie and stacy just had the best time of their life , they celebrated their graduation ceremony ,laughed and enjoyed in parties and they did not know that a few hours later their lives and Suzie's mother Sherrill's life will Go towards a very scary and Dark direction ,
It's so sad and not inconceivable that the criminals continued in their life like nothing happen, I really hope for the families of Sherrill, Suzie and stacy that those Criminals will finally caught and the families will know what happened to the their beloved ones.

I hope to enter the forum one day (and not much longer)
and read here a title called breaking news on the springfield 3 .
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Blue Girl 1991,

:fireworks: :welcome6: :fireworks: :greetings:

:goodpost:

Very interesting post, I'm glad your here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member