The Verdict is In - post your thoughts here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have issues with this stuff. I'm pissed off again just remembering back to some of those moments. Was that behavior okay? Was it okay to outright lie during closing arguments? I expect more out of our representatives. Do you?

It's a good point of discussion. I didn't think we were allowed to talk negatively about any attorneys (at least whenever any discussion questioning AS actions comes up, it seems to get shut down (or at least discouraged) pretty quickly). I assume it might be the same result for (any negative discussion of) DA's office, and Judge.

Regardless of the verdict in this case, do you guys feel it is ever appropriate for a prosecutor to intentionally mislead a jury on actual evidence? That's a serious question and isn't just limited to this trial. In trying to win a conviction, is it okay for a prosecutor to intentionally mislead a jury?

No, and this prosector did exactly that. As a simple example, when the child psychologist, friend of the family, testified, the prosecution deliberately and intentionally attempted to suggest that she contradicted herself, or that she was lying. That was not true, but the prosecution did it's best to confuse the witness and the jury, to imply that the witness was not credible.

Well, IMO, he would have said no comment if he thought BC was guilty. Kurtz truly believes his client was framed. He was very emphatic that BC did not do that map search on the 11th.

O.J.'s lawyers said he was innocent too, as did Mark Gerragos for scott peterson and david rudolph for rae carruth and on and on.......

O.J.'s lawyers said he was innocent too, as did Mark Gerragos for scott peterson and david rudolph for rae carruth and on and on.......

Yes, and what is your point? You think Kurtz was lying about the planted files on BC's computer?

Free advertising for sure which makes me curious. I wonder how many of the Kurtz defenders would hire him if they needed a criminal defense attorney.

I would hire him.

I guess the difference being Brad was the LAST person who saw her alive..and JP was NOT...He (JP) wasnt at the party, doing other things, and yes he was with kids..as was Brad..however, JP was no where near NC on that fateful night unless one wishes to speculate that he was in one of those vans?:floorlaugh:

Of course you dont believe that portions..:seeya:

I do believe you questioned JP's NOT mentioning his trist with NC ( 3 years prior), but unlike Brad, he did go back within a few days to clear the air..and spill the beans...Unfortunately Brad did not give any statement at Police headquarters..so no audio, no transcript of what Brad said was available..He didnt feel nor did his Legal Council important enough to clearify anything...

So, I do give credit for JP stepping up to the plate and airing "HIS" dirty laundry..but Brad was MUM and dont blame him one bit..Date was July 15/16th 2008 Brad knew he had to hide behind legal his lawyers as soon as "Body was found" even before Nancy was ID'd.....He truly never helped in the investigations..but there again it is MOOT now...He is is heading off to Prison..

The only reason that JP aired his dirty laundry is because someone else reported his one night stand to police. That opened up a can of worms that police did not investigate.

No, and this prosector did exactly that. As a simple example, when the child psychologist, friend of the family, testified, the prosecution deliberately and intentionally attempted to suggest that she contradicted herself, or that she was lying. That was not true, but the prosecution did it's best to confuse the witness and the jury, to imply that the witness was not credible.

Yes, he did that on several of the witnesses. It seemed to be a common method of questioning. I was rather irritated by that, and the psychologist was infuriated.

Kurtz is a criminal defense attorney that is pursuing an appeal.
Seriously, what did you expect him to say?

Did you hear David Rudolf after Mike Peterson was convicted?

"Travesty of justice"
"My client is innocent"
"We will appeal all the way the Supreme Court"

Blah, blah, blah

LOL, I have yet to hear a defense lawyer, upon receiving a guilty verdict, to say 'well hell, the jury got it right!' It's always 'my client is innocent', 'he was framed'. And the ever famous, 'we are searching for the real killer!'

The only reason that JP aired his dirty laundry is because someone else reported his one night stand to police. That opened up a can of worms that police did not investigate.

I was amazed that the interrogation was more like an interview.

LOL, I have yet to hear a defense lawyer, upon receiving a guilty verdict, to say 'well hell, the jury got it right!' It's always 'my client is innocent', 'he was framed'. And the ever famous, 'we are searching for the real killer!'

You are so right, but have we ever heard one that says he can prove it?

And prosecutors? What do they get out of a "win"? Do they get to keep their jobs? Anyone hear in the minutes after the court cleared "congrats on the promo"? Someone got a "promo" out of this case.

Personally, I fully believe that BZ believes that Brad is guilty, but I don't for a moment believe that he believes that it was a clean case. I think he knows that without a confused Judge, the case could have had a very different outcome.

No idea what you mean by "promo"?
The only promotion for Boz and Amy could be Cummings job.

You may want to go back and look at Alice Stubbs separation draft that he intercepted. That document places Cooper in the company of Jason Young, Mike Peterson and Scott Peterson. To me, motive was crystal clear.

Brad intercepted the separation agreement and Nancy gave him a copy of the separation agreement. He had it in April from both sources. He immediately put Nancy on a budget of $300/mo. I think all couples facing divorce move towards a strict budget, if not sooner. I don't see anything in the draft that could not be negotiated into a reasonable solution. Child support for two children with Brad's income according to Canadian Federal Child Support Guidelines is about $1550 per month, nothing that was not manageable. They were to be raised in Ontario, so Ontario guidelines should apply.

What is in the separation draft that was not manageable? Did it include anything about Nancy contributing financially to the children in the proposed distance relationship? There were ammendments that needed to be made to the draft.

Jason Young couldn't hold a job and needed his wife's income, Mike Peterson wasn't working and needed his wife's income, Scott Peterson's wife was a substitute teacher who planned to take maternity leave without benifits and his job was crumbling. Brad was upwardly mobile with a good future and ever increasing income. He could have liquidated the house and kept on going.

It's a good point of discussion. I didn't think we were allowed to talk negatively about any attorneys (at least whenever any discussion questioning AS actions comes up, it seems to get shut down (or at least discouraged) pretty quickly). I assume it might be the same result for (any negative discussion of) DA's office, and Judge.

I see nothing wrong with discussing specific things from the trial. I'm not making it personal.

Yes, he did that on several of the witnesses. It seemed to be a common method of questioning. I was rather irritated by that, and the psychologist was infuriated.

He did. The prosecutor played dirty and implied that witnesses were lying when they were not, and he knew that they were not lying. He simply implied that they were lying to influence the jury and misrepresent the evidence.

He should be reported to the bar for the stuff he pulled. I viewed it as a comedy or errors at times ... because BZ brought that much disgrace to the profession.

Well, he is in Central Prison undergoing evaluation. After that, they will determine where he will be placed. MP is in eastern NC, but I can not remember the prison.

Was MP convicted of first degree premediated murder? I can't recall, but I didn't think so.. I'm kind of hoping he'd stay at Central Prison.

Brad intercepted the separation agreement and Nancy gave him a copy of the separation agreement. He had it in April from both sources. He immediately put Nancy on a budget of $300/mo. I think all couples facing divorce move towards a strict budget, if not sooner. I don't see anything in the draft that could not be negotiated into a reasonable solution. Child support for two children with Brad's income according to Canadian Federal Child Support Guidelines is about $1550 per month, nothing that was not manageable. They were to be raised in Ontario, so Ontario guidelines should apply.

What is in the separation draft that was not manageable? Did it include anything about Nancy contributing financially to the children in the proposed distance relationship? There were ammendments that needed to be made to the draft.

Jason Young couldn't hold a job and needed his wife's income, Mike Peterson wasn't working and needed his wife's income, Scott Peterson's wife was a substitute teacher who planned to take maternity leave without benifits and his job was crumbling. Brad was upwardly mobile with a good future and ever increasing income. He could have liquidated the house and kept on going.

Jason Young was always gainfully employed during his marriage.
In fact, he made more money than Michelle.

Was MP convicted of first degree premediated murder? I can't recall, but I didn't think so.. I'm kind of hoping he'd stay at Central Prison.

Oh yes, murder one

Central prison is reserved for death row and the most violent offenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedStateRenegade