The Verdict is In - post your thoughts here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal defense attorney

Their reputations are bolstered by getting their clients off...regardless of actual innocence. Personally, I don't believe for a minute he thinks that computer was tampered with.

Well, you may be right. He better put his money where his mouth is as the old saying goes when he sends it up for appelate courts. I am betting he does believe that. Whether it was or not, I have no idea.

Criminal defense attorney

Their reputations are bolstered by getting their clients off...regardless of actual innocence. Personally, I don't believe for a minute he thinks that computer was tampered with.

I believe he does believe it was tampered with. He just doesn't include BC in the list of possible tamperers - out loud.

Billable hours that can't be charged to anyone? I think he would be better off if he was only worried about money to back off this case and get back to his practice where he can charge his billable rate. I think he believes in this case and is sticking to it because of that.

The "billable hours" are charged to us taxpayers.
$85/hr for steady 2 1/2 years of work beats the DWI and low level felony cases he handles on a daily basis.

Billable hours that can't be charged to anyone? I think he would be better off if he was only worried about money to back off this case and get back to his practice where he can charge his billable rate. I think he believes in this case and is sticking to it because of that.

No kidding. I bet he has lost a ton of money during this trial. He appears to truly believe in this case.

Regardless of the verdict in this case, do you guys feel it is ever appropriate for a prosecutor to intentionally mislead a jury on actual evidence? That's a serious question and isn't just limited to this trial. In trying to win a conviction, is it okay for a prosecutor to intentionally mislead a jury?

Since this IS a post conviction of 1st degree murder..Does anyone have any idea just where he will be placed?..I did a quik look..and saw a list so long I didnt even bother to open each link...Yikes..

I do know he will be evaluated..But given this particular area..What is the options and most likely??..Anybody know...Here's the link to the list~~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Carolina_state_prisons

BUT didnt JP turn out to have a solid alibi.....it sure shows just how aware one has to be on every given day of where they were, what they did, who they were with and be able to prove that in the eye's of LE....Not to mention to one time indiscrete items that occured like three years ago.....

So the accusations go on, and the liars are continually be blamed..and I dont hear any BDDI team pointing any fingers on how he dealt with the initial report of "Where is Nancy" right on thru to avoidance of answering anyone after the Body was found.....

Its all moot now, judgement by his (Brad) peers has been rendered..and heinsight by the Def. Team maybe having regrets of NOT bringing a true Expert in "Forensics" of computers to the table is evident!!...

I happen to believe JW did not help them in the least except to continue with the "Conspiracy" theory..and on Cross exam that was shown to the Jurors in spades just where he was coming from...JW was a Hacker, with acceptance by the "Internet World"..but the bottom line > ...his interpretations were skewed just ONE WAY...Could NOT get past "Plantings" :banghead:JW will have his own road to hoe given his experiences...Dont envy him one bit :rocker:

I don't believe JP was involved, but he had the same alibi Brad Cooper did.

Regardless of the verdict in this case, do you guys feel it is ever appropriate for a prosecutor to intentionally mislead a jury on actual evidence? That's a serious question and isn't just limited to this trial. In trying to win a conviction, is it okay for a prosecutor to intentionally mislead a jury?

No, I do not think it is ever appropriate for a prosecutor to intentionally mislead a jury on actual evidence. Even if it means winning a case, it is basically being untruthful. Court system was founded as a seeker of truth and for the prosecution do otherwise is very misleading and should never be tolerated.

Well,no.
If that occurs, an effective defense should be able to expose that through objection, cross or his own evidence.

That's not what he said gracielee. He said he wasn't a forensics expert. But as the other expert pointed out, JW was more than qualified to discuss the files that he was discussing.
Apparently he wasn't since he didn't know the difference between a .cur file and a .bmp file.

Since this IS a post conviction of 1st degree murder..Does anyone have any idea just where he will be placed?..I did a quik look..and saw a list so long I didnt even bother to open each link...Yikes..

I do know he will be evaluated..But given this particular area..What is the options and most likely??..Anybody know...Here's the link to the list~~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Carolina_state_prisons

Well, he is in Central Prison undergoing evaluation. After that, they will determine where he will be placed. MP is in eastern NC, but I can not remember the prison.

No, I do not think it is ever appropriate for a prosecutor to intentionally mislead a jury on actual evidence. Even if it means winning a case, it is basically being untruthful. Court system was founded as a seeker of truth and for the prosecution do otherwise is very misleading and should never be tolerated.

I believe that a prosecutor is right to keep misleading defense witness testimony out of court.

I found Kurtz's interview to be totally self serving and with little factual basis. He is telling you what he wants you to believe. MOO

I am listening to it now, he really bugs me with this planting of the google maps, its such a joke. The dude needs a vacation and to take a break from this, he is starting to act like he may lose it. He totally believes Brad is innocent, I feel bad for him that he is convinced. The trial is over but his blah blah blah keeps on going like the energizer bunny. He has to be tired! LOL

Well, he is in Central Prison undergoing evaluation. After that, they will determine where he will be placed. MP is in eastern NC, but I can not remember the prison.

Nash Correctional

nash_cellblock.JPG
nash_tower.JPG

I agree. And that may be one distinct way Kurtz will approach the appelate case for BC. I would have felt better if JG would have had them go into chambers or consult with a judge with computer knowledge.
I may be mistaken, but I didn't think that Howie would do the appeal. An appellate attorney will do that. If I heard the judge's comments correctly yesterday, he said that he would submit whatever is required for BC to be assigned an appellate attorney

The "billable hours" are charged to us taxpayers.
$85/hr for steady 2 1/2 years of work beats the DWI and low level felony cases he handles on a daily basis.

The conversation was about the appeal, not the murder trial.

Well,no.
If that occurs, an effective defense should be able to expose that through objection, cross or his own evidence.

So does it upset you at all that the prosecutor in this case intentionally mislead the jury? And yes, it was intentional. It's what got me really pissed off watching the trial.

When Boz Zellinger was questioning the Cisco guy the first time around (some time in early April), he intentionally mislead the jury about the size of the equipment needed to fake the call. How many times did he ask about the size of the FXO card? How many times did ask if it could fit in a pocket? The point at the time was to make the jury think that the equipment could be easily hidden and disposed of. It even made some people in here believe the same thing. Boz knew that an FXO card won't work unless it is in a router. And he knows that router won't fit in a pocket. So was that okay? There were other times, and several intentional lies during closing arguments. I'm not pissed about the verdict. I'm pissed about our representatives. Was that behavior okay because they got a guilty verdict?

I may be mistaken, but I didn't think that Howie would do the appeal. An appellate attorney will do that. If I heard the judge's comments correctly yesterday, he said that he would submit whatever is required for BC to be assigned an appellate attorney

That is correct, but he has to convince or pass along the case information to an appellate attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675