Things that are Plaguing Me

Im sorry, Im kinda new to this case, I know a few details, but I am REALLY curious as to what PR had for an answer to this? WHY did she "practice" the note?? and why admit it?? what did she say? wouldnt you be admitting your guilt right there??

If memory serves, she said she started writing it for Pam Griffin.

Im sorry, Im kinda new to this case, I know a few details, but I am REALLY curious as to what PR had for an answer to this? WHY did she "practice" the note?? and why admit it?? what did she say? wouldnt you be admitting your guilt right there??

I believe she said she was composing a party invitation. What she wrote on the practice note was "Mr & Mrs Ramsey".....

The actual ransom note began "Mr Ramsey". I believe as they concocted the coverup, in order to make it look like someone was targeting John Ramsey, the ransom note was addressed to him alone. In real life, a kidnapper would never even write a note with a formal salutation like that, nor would it be over 3 pages long. It would be a few sentences. "We got your daughter. Tell anyone and she'd dead. We'll call. "And that's about it.
They would NEVER identify themselves as a "small foreign faction"- for that matter, foreigners would not refer to themselves as "foreign".

For those new to the case, there is information about the ransom note here: http://www.acandyrose.com as well as much more information on the case. Take your time with it. There are hundreds of pages, but you'll find the links to the ransom note fairly easily.

I have always thought PR's comment to BR at the coffin of his sister was odd.
She said "See, she looks perfect, doesn't she?" This was as they were looking at JBR in her coffin in her frilly pageant dress and tiara. It struck me as odd, because it seemed to me as if it implied that he had seen her looking the way she looked when she was lying under the tree- in full rigor mortis, livor mortis, matted hair, urine stained and with the ligature wrapped around her neck. We know that BR wasn't even in the house to see that, and PR SUPPOSEDLY only saw her after she had been covered with an afghan and sweatshirt. It seems to me her comment is an indication that they BOTH saw her long before JR "found" her.
good point.I hadn't thought about that.Reminds me of SS talking about the last time she saw them as an intact family,yet supposedly,the rest of them were in the car when Patsy went to her door.

There is a lot you can learn about what doesn't fit, both here and by doing some reading on archive sites we can recommend if you like. It is a fascinating, heartbreaking, and aggravating case.
The paper the ransom note was written on also came from the home, so it was written right at the time of the crime. Still attached to the pad that the note was torn from was the beginning of a "practice" note that Patsy ADMITTED she wrote.
Both the pen belonging to Patsy and the notepad were found replaced in their usual place in the home.
the pen was put back in the cup,cap replaced;that is one neat and tidy intruder!

I believe she said she was composing a party invitation. What she wrote on the practice note was "Mr & Mrs Ramsey".....

The actual ransom note began "Mr Ramsey". I believe as they concocted the coverup, in order to make it look like someone was targeting John Ramsey, the ransom note was addressed to him alone. In real life, a kidnapper would never even write a note with a formal salutation like that, nor would it be over 3 pages long. It would be a few sentences. "We got your daughter. Tell anyone and she'd dead. We'll call. "And that's about it.
They would NEVER identify themselves as a "small foreign faction"- for that matter, foreigners would not refer to themselves as "foreign".

For those new to the case, there is information about the ransom note here: http://www.acandyrose.com as well as much more information on the case. Take your time with it. There are hundreds of pages, but you'll find the links to the ransom note fairly easily.

here's a layout of all the pages in the notepad.the actual writing on the practice pages themselves is not included,which obviously says a lot,seeing as Patsy admitted to that writing.
pages 30-32 are listed simply as 'unknown',(not missing,like the others are),which is interesting,IMO.

http://www.acandyrose.com/04112000thomas-pg73-74.htm

Why would Patsy write such a long note? Why would she write a short ransom note? This case is crazy - but i hope to see it solved before I leave this earth.

part of it was said to be cathartic...an undoing of the crime.I also think JR had his part in helping her write it.

SD,do you have any opinion on the unknown pages listed in that link? it doesn't sound like they're missing..that's confusing..thx.

That's correct. She said that it was a practice note, for a Christmas Invitation, for a party or function. (A Small Foreign Function....oh, nevermind).

Why would Patsy write such a long note? Why would she write a short ransom note? This case is crazy - but i hope to see it solved before I leave this earth.

IMO, she wrote such a long note to try and point the finger away from herself or John. She just kept rambling on and on. Trying to convince authorites that an intruder killed your child, and not you...takes a whole lotta words. IMO...she believed that the more she explained and rambled, the less it would look like an inside job. A REAL intruder/kidnapper...would have made it short and sweet.

Why would Patsy write such a long note? Why would she write a short ransom note?

My answer is informed speculation. The FBI CASKU agents said that the note was a cathartic act, a way to undo the crime in the killer's mind. That makes some sense to me: creating a criminal to match the crime. Also, Michael Kane said that the killer was someone with a strong taste for the dramatic.

This case is crazy

Crazy isn't the word for it.

- but i hope to see it solved before I leave this earth.

We all do.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were disposed of.

If they were, I'd bet they contained practice drafts of the note. The one that was found had only a salutation (gotta love those journalism majors), but discarded pages may have had other versions of the note itself. Yep, doesn't sound like it was written by anyone in a big hurry, does it?
If I were a kidnapper who had just killed my "prize", I'd want to get out of that house instantly. With my victim dead, and "hence" no ransom possible, why bother to write a note at all?
BUT if you are the parents of a child just killed (accidentally or not) by you or another family member, you'd better have a reason why she is dead that points away from you. So- what better way to explain a dead little girl? Say she's kidnapped -write a ransom note- make sure the note says not to call anyone- then call everyone you can think of and invite them to the house, so that when she is "found" dead, you can say that the kidnappers were watching and killed her. Of course, this would have to mean that the "kidnappers" were still in the house...oh, that's right. They WERE. They lived there.
But forget that anyway. She died between 12 midnight and 1 am, according to the stage of rigor mortis she was in when found and the rate of digestion of the pineapple she ate before she died. And the "posse" of friends came after 6am, HOURS after her death. So the kidnappers who were "watching" would have had to be time-travelers, too, so they could go into the future and "see" that the parents had called police and others to the house. This could never have been passed off as a "retaliatory" killing.

QUOTE BY JMO8778: " the pen was put back in the cup,cap replaced;that is one neat and tidy intruder! "

Indeed, this intruder was also a slow and meticulous thinker probably
capable of planning something like this out in advance.
I could write a lot about what I learned about this person
from my analysis of the note, and in fact I did.

QUOTE BY DEE DEE 249: " If I were a kidnapper who had just killed my "prize", I'd want to get out of that house instantly."

Ah, but the kidnapper probably wasn't done yet.

QUOTE BY DEE DEE 249:" With my victim dead, and "hence" no ransom possible, why bother to write a note at all? "

Exactly, why bother? My guess: The note was already written.

John Douglas apparently agrees with my opinion as well, and after reviewing some
points he made, I'm convinced.

Connor

Douglas had his own agenda.I'm sure someone can tell you about that.
'Slow and meticulous' are not how criminals enter private homes.They come prepared,not knowing or who or what might be on the horizen,and that they may have a limited amt of time in which to execute a plan.They get in and out as quickly as possible.The sheer number of pages missing indicates someone took their time,and wasn't worried about anyone returning anytime soon.
Have you ever read Cherokee's analysis?worth considering,it's one of the most thorough ones ever done,in every aspect of handwriting and linguistics analysis.be sure to read through all 3 pages..

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6404

I'm confused as to the date/time of death, on JBR's headstone it is 25th of december, but as death is declared by the medical examiner it should read 26th of december. I always thought given the digestion of the pineapple and state of decomposition, actual time of death would be after midnight and therefore the 26th.

The thing that has always 'plagued' me, as a woman, who has seen too many horror movies -- the fact that Patsy wasn't completely freaked out that morning. If my daughter was supposedly taken from my house, when I was sleeping, I'm sorry but I would be on the front lawn with Burke waving the cops in...some psycho had been in my house while I was snoring away and took my baby girl and he COULD still be in the house. Or his friends. The other Foreign Faction guys. Maybe they looked in on me sleeping? How did they get in? Since we were all sleeping he/they could have killed us all!? I would not feel safe in that place even with a bunch of cops.

But of course Patsy knew there was no danger. No bad guy hiding under the stairs, no men watching the house. John too of course. The 911 call said it all to me. What a performance!! I think she ran around the house before she made the call for the lovely heavy breathing. And then the hang up on the operator who was asking too many questions.

IMO because she always considered herself an artist.:rolleyes:
And yup,same here re the last part.

Didn't know where to put this .I didn't really follow the Karr fiasco but I was watching a documentary the other days,an old one,not sure if it was produced by courttv,discovery,etc,but I think it was made shortly after they found out Karr's DNA didn't match.(oh btw the doc was pretty biased,Tracey and Lou Smith were the little stars in it :rolleyes: )

I was pretty confused.I thought LE established that Karr WASN'T in the US when Jonbenet was killed.Am I wrong?Cause it wasn't mentioned in the doc.It was said that they let him go because the DNA didn't match and I thought I wouldn't release someone solely based on some DNA testing in THIS case. (reminds me also of the Ramsey's being cleared)

Did Karr have an alibi?And where exactly was he when Jonbenet was killed?

Thanks. :)

Douglas had his own agenda.I'm sure someone can tell you about that.

Anything to oblige! I quote from Chapter Seven:

Douglas's ego is clearly out of control, made obvious by every interview he gives concerning the case. He advised the Boulder police to work with the FBI, then became angry when the FBI disagreed with him. One even said, "if the Ramseys aren't guilty, I'll turn in my credentials." He denies his own writings about staging to say that the scene wasn't staged, and seems to bear Det. Thomas a special grudge for having the temerity to point out how Douglas sold himself out. I personally would consider it a badge of honor to be hated by this guy. He doesn't mention the other profilers, such as Brent Turvey, Gregg McCrary, Robert Ressler and Ron Walker, who go against him, though. I guess he figures it's easier to target a narcotics cop than to match wits with his fellows. Now he claims he took no money and never did any profile. He sure has a bad memory for a lawman.

'Slow and meticulous' are not how criminals enter private homes.They come prepared,not knowing or who or what might be on the horizen,and that they may have a limited amt of time in which to execute a plan.They get in and out as quickly as possible.The sheer number of pages missing indicates someone took their time,and wasn't worried about anyone returning anytime soon.

That's what the Feds said as well.

Have you ever read Cherokee's analysis?worth considering,it's one of the most thorough ones ever done,in every aspect of handwriting and linguistics analysis.be sure to read through all 3 pages..

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6404

I recommend it very highly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517