Tiger kills man at San Francisco Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct, but I took your initial post to infer that they didn't first try to help Carlos - either before the tiger attacked him or after. At some point - it is true - the brothers ran back to the food court for help - but what they did or didn't do to help Carlos, we simply cannot say.
No problem and I wasn't trying to say one way or the other since nothing has come out as to exactly what did happen. We still don't know how she got out of the grotto except to speculate she climbed up the wall.

Thanks, Buzz :) I'll add that it's also been said that Carlos tried to save them as the tiger had attacked one of the brothers first.
Both Carlos, and the other brother, distracted the tiger when it first attacked one of the brothers. Unfortunately the tiger then focused on Carlos, while the two brothers temporarily escaped to the Terrace Cafe, before the tiger tracked them there.

Click here for this link; Tiger-attacked brothers hire legal pitt bull

The brothers who survived the vicious tiger attacks at San Francisco Zoo last week have hired legal pit bull Mark Geragos in anticipation of filing a lawsuit against the zoo.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Hi shadows, and happy New Year to you, friend:blowkiss:. If it is proven that those men taunted Tatiana, then I think that because the tiger was able to escape their medical bills and lost wages should be paid and that is it. But, based on those men's behaviors regarding the incident thus far I trust their integrity about as much as I would if I go sit in the cage with hungry tigers.

Lion

Both Carlos, and the other brother, distracted the tiger when it first attacked one of the brothers. Unfortunately the tiger then focused on Carlos, while the two brothers temporarily escaped to the Terrace Cafe, before the tiger tracked them there.

Thanks, Buzz. I recall reading that in a few articles, but had forgotten it.

Hi shadows, and happy New Year to you, friend:blowkiss:. If it is proven that those men taunted Tatiana, then I think that because the tiger was able to escape their medical bills and lost wages should be paid and that is it. But, based on those men's behaviors regarding the incident thus far I trust their integrity about as much as I would if I go sit in the cage with hungry tigers.

Lion

I totally agree: pay the medical bills and lost wages, but no huge settlements for suffering etc.

It would be nice to see a FAIR judgement for once and not an overly emotional "entitlement mentality" one.

As for the guy who lost his life: yes I think more money should be paid, but within reason too.

Everyone is just hoping to cash in on an innocent mistake - including media *advertiser censored* attorneys. It is weakening our country.

The brothers who survived the vicious tiger attacks at San Francisco Zoo last week have hired legal pit bull Mark Geragos in anticipation of filing a lawsuit against the zoo.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

ok,now they have lost all credability. Isn't Geragos' specialty criminal defense? Wouldn't you look for an atty who dealt in liability issues? Surely there are more qualified ambulance chasers than him. Were they going for the publicity angle?

I wonder if the brothers are grieving as much as Geragos claimed Scott Peterson was? They will be grieving all the way to the bank,IMO

I get the feeling that there are other factors in this case. Perhaps not everyone is in the country legally. Unfortunately, the Zoo will end up paying money, but I, like most of you, hope that its not an overly-large amount. There is no excuse for the animal to have been able to get out of its enclosure no matter what was happening at the time. For that, the zoo is responsible.

I get the feeling that there are other factors in this case. Perhaps not everyone is in the country legally. Unfortunately, the Zoo will end up paying money, but I, like most of you, hope that its not an overly-large amount. There is no excuse for the animal to have been able to get out of its enclosure no matter what was happening at the time. For that, the zoo is responsible.

I had not heard or even considered that.

I had not heard or even considered that.

They're in California. They're hispanic. They're not cooperating with the law. I put two and one together and jumped to a huge conclusion. I may be wrong, but that's what popped into my brain. They've done something wrong to make them not want to cooperate with police. We know that they've got prior arrests, but I'm not sure that their rap sheets would be enough in this situation to make them clam up. I mean their buddy died, very possibly while saving their lives. I'd really like to understand why they're being aholes about the whole thing.

Ditto, jbean. We don't know if either of the men, Carlos or their families are here illegally or not, but I sure hope they don't milk the zoo based on greed. The zoo was responsible for the tiger having the means to escape, imo, though.

Lion

They're in California. They're hispanic. They're not cooperating with the law. I put two and one together and jumped to a huge conclusion. I may be wrong, but that's what popped into my brain. They've done something wrong to make them not want to cooperate with police. We know that they've got prior arrests, but I'm not sure that their rap sheets would be enough in this situation to make them clam up. I mean their buddy died, very possibly while saving their lives. I'd really like to understand why they're being aholes about the whole thing.

It's a clever conclusion, JBean. Makes a lot of sense.

Based on the surname of the two brothers, I believe they are of Indian heritage.
The one who died was Brazilian and Salvadorean, I think I recall hearing.

You may be correct. I recall thinking their names sounded Hispanic, but I am severely uneducated in that arena.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
I guess Geragos is going for Civil cases now. Probably more money for him. He is also representing the family of the girl that died because the insurance company wouldn't approve her liver transplant in time.

I guess Geragos is going for Civil cases now. Probably more money for him. He is also representing the family of the girl that died because the insurance company wouldn't approve her liver transplant in time.

You are right - I have actually seen his name connected with a couple of civil cases recently.

I totally agree: pay the medical bills and lost wages, but no huge settlements for suffering etc.

It would be nice to see a FAIR judgement for once and not an overly emotional "entitlement mentality" one.

As for the guy who lost his life: yes I think more money should be paid, but within reason too.

Everyone is just hoping to cash in on an innocent mistake - including media *advertiser censored* attorneys. It is weakening our country.

If in fact they are proven to tormenting that animal, I feel they should be borught up on charges of negligent homicide in the death of Carlos, and not be awarded a single red cent

Dearest Jblfelines,:blowkiss:
Thank you very much for the info. I did not know that Geragos is representing that little girl.

Much Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads