TLM Discussions

I don't think they will be breaking out the frying pan and cooking oil... likely just put the case over until they have had a bit longer to review the disclosure. TLM's lawyer is a very busy gal... did you want to take bets whether she just sends a junior in her place?

OT a bit, there has been quite a flurry lately of Ontario lawyers asking for 2/3 of their regular rates to represent Legal Aid clients in murder cases. We have a local case where three lawyers have applied for an increased rate for each of their client's cases... no decision as yet, but it makes me wonder if perhaps both TLM's and MR's lawyers have quietly done the same thing?

Cha, please keep us informed to these updates if you can. did you see the youtube video with the kid resisting arrest at a Toronto school - some yo-yo mentioned a lawyer that is quite willing to take on these "waste of court" time cases. No disrepsect to you, but I vote that we pay $12.50 per hour (legal aid) for his defense lawyer, not a huge wage but certainly the lawyer can make it up for lost wages in pure volume! LOL

Interesting - did I read the news release correctly that TLM's lawyer was still receiving disclosure (a hard drive full???) so it has been put off... but MR's lawyers have gone right to a pre-trial?

Where are the gurus? What does everyone think this means in terms of pleas, etc.

As for TLM's lawyer receiving lots of publicity, it could be good or bad for her - depending upon how she represents her client. Of course, I don't think it will make her very popular with the locals...

Neither of them have received full disclosure.

anyone know if Terri-Lynn is having a tough time in jail? is her mail missing? is she receiving death threats and being harassed by prison guards?

or is she just tougher than MR and not complaining?

just curious.

Here is a link about another court case with Jeanine LeRoy, (lawyer for TLM)

Autopsies couldn't determine causes of death or if they'd been live births or stillbirths
Yesterday, the 33-year-old London mother of four with no criminal record, pleaded guilty to three charges of offering an indignity to a dead body.
In the "unusual" case, Ontario Court Justice John Skowronski decided Sinn needed support more than jail and sentenced her to three years of probation.
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/04/01/13431811.html#/news/london/2010/04/01/pf-13431811.html

Here is a link about another court case with Jeanine LeRoy, (lawyer for TLM)

Autopsies couldn't determine causes of death or if they'd been live births or stillbirths
Yesterday, the 33-year-old London mother of four with no criminal record, pleaded guilty to three charges of offering an indignity to a dead body.
In the "unusual" case, Ontario Court Justice John Skowronski decided Sinn needed support more than jail and sentenced her to three years of probation.
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/04/01/13431811.html#/news/london/2010/04/01/pf-13431811.html

It's not my place to post an opinion on the verdict reached in this case, so I'll keep it to myself.

Somewhat off-topic: I have just finished reading (coincidentally) two fictional books, both about abducted and murdered girls. The authors seem to do their research. The one that struck home is where the child had been buried for three months and no cause of death could be determined by the autopsy. It was written that unless there had been damage to the bones from a gunshot, stabbing, or blunt force, all soft tissue was gone and no evidence remained that would lead to a determination of e.g. sexual assault, poisoning, strangulation, etc. Suffocation (I read) was impossible to determine after this length of time.

Unless I'm mistaken, a buried body remains intact longer than one left out in the elements. So, if this book is to be believed, it's quite possible that a cause of death for Tori may never be determined. There is the chance that the writer was mistaken and that if she was drugged, toxicology tests may be able to find traces in bones, but I don't know. If bones were fractured, there is another chance.

The question remains that if the autopsies are inconclusive, will a judge take the word of one of the accused as to cause of death and how will this all affect the verdicts? While I recognize that anyone proven to be responsible for the abduction will be equally guilty of murder, it still concerns me that these trials may become a "he said/she said" situation and get tossed out due to lack of physical evidence.

JMO

It's not my place to post an opinion on the verdict reached in this case, so I'll keep it to myself.

Somewhat off-topic: I have just finished reading (coincidentally) two fictional books, both about abducted and murdered girls. The authors seem to do their research. The one that struck home is where the child had been buried for three months and no cause of death could be determined by the autopsy. It was written that unless there had been damage to the bones from a gunshot, stabbing, or blunt force, all soft tissue was gone and no evidence remained that would lead to a determination of e.g. sexual assault, poisoning, strangulation, etc. Suffocation (I read) was impossible to determine after this length of time.

Unless I'm mistaken, a buried body remains intact longer than one left out in the elements. So, if this book is to be believed, it's quite possible that a cause of death for Tori may never be determined. There is the chance that the writer was mistaken and that if she was drugged, toxicology tests may be able to find traces in bones, but I don't know. If bones were fractured, there is another chance.

The question remains that if the autopsies are inconclusive, will a judge take the word of one of the accused as to cause of death and how will this all affect the verdicts? While I recognize that anyone proven to be responsible for the abduction will be equally guilty of murder, it still concerns me that these trials may become a "he said/she said" situation and get tossed out due to lack of physical evidence.

JMO

My thoughts exactly. That is why I posted the link regarding this other case. No cause of death was found and she got 3 yrs probation. I am hoping and praying that they have alot more evidence to go on in VS's case.

TLM is back in court April 16th.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back