TN - 4 dead, several injured at Waffle House, Nashville, Apr 2018 *Guilty*

If it was not LE but him who turned Facebook off/on, he should still be around.

It‘s raining and he only wears pants. How is the temperature in that area right now? Any locals here?

The 29-year-old hero from Waffle House shooting: 'I saw the opportunity and I took it'

A 29-year-old man credited with saving numerous lives Sunday morning after he unarmed a man who opened fire on an Antioch Waffle House said he was just trying to stay alive.

James Shaw Jr., 29, said after feeling cornered he saw an opportunity to tackle the man shooting into an Antioch Waffle House. He said he doesn’t feel like a hero.
974a448d44039da6bed41305d44029f4.jpg

James Shaw Jr. shows injuries he received when he stopped a gunman from continuing to fire in a Tennessee Waffle House on April 22, 2018.
COURTESY JAMES SHAW JR.

Police spokesman Don Aaron told reporters Sunday morning that the Waffle House hero rushed the suspected shooter, disarmed him and threw the assault rifle he was carrying over the counter.

“I don’t really know, when everyone said that (of being a hero), it feels selfish,” Shaw Jr. “I was just trying to get myself out. I saw the opportunity and pretty much took it.”

Shaw Jr. said he was at a fraternity house party before heading to the Bell Road Waffle House at about 2:30 a.m. with some friends. They left soon after because it was too packed, he said.

They decided on the Waffle House on Murfreesboro Road, which was just over 2 miles away.

The group pulled into the Waffle House at about 3:20 a.m. Not soon after, chaos broke out.

[...]

https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/540061002?from=new-cookie&__twitter_impression=true

More photos: https://www.tennessean.com/picture-...ce=google&utm_medium=amp&utm_campaign=gallery

He's a hero in my book. He probably prevented countless more deaths and injuries. Fantastic job James Shaw Jr. I'm glad you survived and wish the other 4 had also.

It‘s raining and he only wears pants. How is the temperature in that area right now? Any locals here?

Google weather says 59 degrees F and rain. That'll make things harder on the dogs out searching. Stay safe LE!

https://m.facebook.com/foxnashville/
Live feed

Can’t believe he’s not been found yet.
I'm not terribly surprised by this. Whatever the state of Antioch is at this point in terms of socioeconomics, the landscape is probably very much as it was 20 years ago. One of the reasons we chose to live there was that even if your apartment complex was across the street from Home Depot, you could not see it. There are lots of hills and trees, even within the same apartment complex. There were fields and groves of trees between our apartment and my friend's, despite the fact that we were in the same complex. Basically, it's easy to hide in Antioch, I think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

57 and pouring down rain, it’s been raining all day and the temp is going to start to drop soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From my notes so far:
Moved to Nashville in the fall. Worked in the crane and construction industry. Was fired from one of his jobs 3 weeks ago. Got another job, worked Monday and didn't show up again.
Arrived at 3:19 am at Waffle House. Sat in vehicle for 3.5-4 minutes just looking at people. Then got out and approached the building. Two people standing outside were fatally shot.
A patron who had headed to the restroom saw an opportunity, wrestled the gun away and tossed it.
TR left, shed the coat he'd been wearing (later found with extra ammo in pockets) police think he headed to his apartment, put on pants and then went into the wood line.
Witness saw man without a shirt matching TR description in wood line.

So, in July 2017, TR was caught in a restricted area of the White House. He was released, but his Illinois firearm permit was revoked and 4 guns were removed from him. Those guns were later released to his father, who admits to giving them back to TR.

Can the father be held accountable for that?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

WTH is wrong with people ?? I'm sick of hearing about these shootings :(

Way to go Dad!!!! You got a messed up son, threatening behavior at White House, he owns 4 guns that LE deemed

your son dangerous enough to confiscate his guns. You get guns back and turn around and return to your messed

up son. You Dad, were his enabler. Way to go!

When LE confiscated his guns, why in the world did they give them to his father?
What did they think was going to happen?

If Dad knew his son was a potential criminal liability, I wonder if Dad can be held civilly responsible for the wrongful deaths?

Interestingly parents' home title is held in trust, not individually but jointly in trust for both parents. Maybe parents

were being pre-emptively cautious knowing their son was a loose cannon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back