Found Deceased TN - Aaron Massengill, 28, Tazewell, 16 Feb 2021

Search for missing Claiborne County man continues, reward grows to more than $2,000 | WATE 6 On Your Side

The search continues this weekend for a missing Claiborne County man.

The Claiborne County Sheriff’s Office reported that Aaron J. Massengill, 28, of Tazewell was last seen Tuesday, Feb. 16.

Since that time, the community has done its part to lend a helping hand during the search.

Ashley Bolden, Massengill’s sister, provided WATE 6 On Your Side with an update Saturday evening, following an extensive search on the ground with other community members.

Bolden said the authorities have assisted with the search, along with local pilots offering their time to help through the air.

Area businesses are also working together to offer a reward to find Massengill.

upload_2021-2-20_20-39-26.jpeg

Multiple agencies, community members search for missing Claiborne Co. man

Community members took it upon themselves to band together and try to find Massengill themselves Saturday, Feb. 20. Groups of family members and concerned neighbors got together and searched for the man in wooded areas around the county.

DOGLKS77DJGULNOMQJXLON56UA.jpg

Massengill was still missing as of Saturday evening and the groups said they would continue the search for him at daylight Sunday.

FB Aaron Massengill
In the group FB, the reward is up to $10,000.00.
I don't know if I've ever seen a case where someone actually accepted the reward $ on a case like this... Anyone?
There must be a million guys and a million pickup trucks that look like that in Tennessee. But $10,000? Yeah, I'd drive to TN and have a look if I didn't have to work in the morning.

Search for Aaron Massengill

UPDATE
NOTE: This is just part of a lengthy post...
Now a quick update on the search. Again we are overwhelmed with the support of search efforts this weekend We conducted a grid walk based on the last cell phone ping, unfortunately we did not find anything. The community continues to search roads and we are thankful for every pair of eyes on the lookout for Aaron. We are thankful for the planes, helicopters, drone searches. (Again what a mighty community we have) Businesses and individuals have blown us away with their generosity with reward dollars. Local law enforcement continues to work diligently in the search for Aaron and on another personal note are doing a good job dealing with one crazy mother........
We value the time that you, the community, have and are giving. With that said we want to ensure we have the most productivity from your time, so we are going to try our hardest to be more organized.
Beginning tomorrow afternoon we will have "Aaron Massengill's Information Center" this will be located at 109 Main Street, New Tazewell TN. This will be a central location for planning searches, to get information such as maps and flyers, to call in tips or suggestions (phone number will be posted soon)
We are organizing searches by area, so if you are interested in continuing to help search contact us at the information center and we will assign areas.

Things already covered but want to re-state:
•Aaron left home 10pm Tuesday February 16th and hasn't been seen or heard from since
•Last seen by his mother
•He was not depressed.....his behavior was normal, nothing out of the ordinary
•Last time his phone was "on" was 10:51pm Tuesday February 16th
•Find my phone is NOT an option
•Phone records and Facebook information are being obtained by law enforcement (this is a process and apparently not an easy one)
•Aaron was not cutting wood so no danger he was injured and in the woods
•Icloud and google account not options
•He wasn't hunting, fishing, or hiking
•No debit or credit cards
•His phone was pinged for last location
•K-9 dogs searching is not within our control
•What he was wearing is not known for certain
•Driving a 1991 Black hardbody Nissan tag # DBF 828
•All friends and family have been asked if they heard from him
I'm sure there are more but all of these have been asked and answered numerous times and that takes time that we could use in a more productive manner.
Again this community has touched our hearts, words cannot express the appreciation we have for all the love, support, and prayers. Please continue to help us to find Aaron.
Hopeful Heart
Aaron's Mother

I wonder what the weather was when he went missing? I have kinfolk in TN and they got a foot of snow recently. Folks in TN aren't accustomed to driving in those conditions. I hope he didn't have an accident. A young man, Ben, was missing recently in WI and his pickup truck had gone off the road. :(

Search for Aaron Massengill

UPDATE
NOTE: This is just part of a lengthy post...
Now a quick update on the search. Again we are overwhelmed with the support of search efforts this weekend We conducted a grid walk based on the last cell phone ping, unfortunately we did not find anything. The community continues to search roads and we are thankful for every pair of eyes on the lookout for Aaron. We are thankful for the planes, helicopters, drone searches. (Again what a mighty community we have) Businesses and individuals have blown us away with their generosity with reward dollars. Local law enforcement continues to work diligently in the search for Aaron and on another personal note are doing a good job dealing with one crazy mother........
We value the time that you, the community, have and are giving. With that said we want to ensure we have the most productivity from your time, so we are going to try our hardest to be more organized.
Beginning tomorrow afternoon we will have "Aaron Massengill's Information Center" this will be located at 109 Main Street, New Tazewell TN. This will be a central location for planning searches, to get information such as maps and flyers, to call in tips or suggestions (phone number will be posted soon)
We are organizing searches by area, so if you are interested in continuing to help search contact us at the information center and we will assign areas.

Things already covered but want to re-state:
•Aaron left home 10pm Tuesday February 16th and hasn't been seen or heard from since
•Last seen by his mother
•He was not depressed.....his behavior was normal, nothing out of the ordinary
•Last time his phone was "on" was 10:51pm Tuesday February 16th
•Find my phone is NOT an option
•Phone records and Facebook information are being obtained by law enforcement (this is a process and apparently not an easy one)
•Aaron was not cutting wood so no danger he was injured and in the woods
•Icloud and google account not options
•He wasn't hunting, fishing, or hiking
•No debit or credit cards
•His phone was pinged for last location
•K-9 dogs searching is not within our control
•What he was wearing is not known for certain
•Driving a 1991 Black hardbody Nissan tag # DBF 828
•All friends and family have been asked if they heard from him
I'm sure there are more but all of these have been asked and answered numerous times and that takes time that we could use in a more productive manner.
Again this community has touched our hearts, words cannot express the appreciation we have for all the love, support, and prayers. Please continue to help us to find Aaron.
Hopeful Heart
Aaron's Mother
We have lots of info about what Aaron wasn't doing, so what was he doing when he left at 10pm? Nobody knows?

Search for missing Claiborne County man continues, reward grows to more than $15,000 | WATE 6 On Your Side

The Claiborne County Sheriff’s Office reported that Aaron J. Massengill, 28, of Tazewell was last seen Tuesday, Feb. 16.

Bolden said the authorities have assisted with the search, along with local pilots offering their time to help through the air.

Area businesses are also working together to offer a reward to find Massengill.

According to the Search for Aaron Massengill Facebook group, there’s now a $15,000 reward for any credible information leading to a safe return of Massengill.

County rallies in hunt for missing Tazewell man - Claiborne Progress

On Feb. 16 around 10 p.m. Aaron Massengill got into his black 1991 Nissan hardbody pickup and drove off into the night.

The 28-year-old has not been heard from since, and his family and friends are frantic for his safe return.

Sharon Massengill, his mother, says she knew something was not right when Aaron did not return the next morning to care for his dogs.

“I know a lot of people thought I was crazy, but I know my kids. He would brave a snowstorm to get home to feed his dogs.

He also wouldn’t have done me and his sisters like that because he knows we fret over him and he can’t stand it if he thinks he’s worried you,” she said.

The last ping recorded from Aaron’s cell phone occurred shortly after his departure that first evening. The ping came from a cell tower located 1.7 miles northeast of Adler Road, placing the phone somewhere in the Bacchus Road area. This does not mean he was using the phone, and in fact, records show his phone was off at that time, according to Sharon Massengill.

Sandy Clark, who is spearheading the search, said as of Sunday evening that there is “zero information” about where Aaron might be.

The search is ongoing. An estimated 800 plus miles of roadway has been combed by volunteers and law enforcement officers including those from the Claiborne County Sheriff’s Office and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. The Knox County Sheriff’s Office Airwatch Helicopter pilots have spent a good bit of time searching from the air.

On Sunday, a local resident used his drone to search the Lonesome Valley area near the river, again with no luck.

Aaron was not depressed, his behavior was normal and nothing was “out of the ordinary.”

She added that he was not hunting, fishing or hiking, and that his credit and debit cards were not used.

:( Prayers for his family and loved ones. Rest in peace, Aaron.

FEB 22, 2021
Missing Tazewell man found dead | wbir.com
[...]

TBI is working alongside Claiborne County officials to investigate circumstances leading to the death Aaron Jeremiah Massengill, whose body was found late Monday afternoon.

A resident found Massengill's body along Ferguson Ridge Road in Tazewell.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201
Back