AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because autistic people are more gullible and it makes it easier for predators to groom them online. Although I can't cite cases from memory, there's a few disappearances out there where autistic kids were lured outside by "friends" they talked to on the internet.

It could also be to isolate him amidst the alleged (MOO) abuse he went through in the hands of his step-dad, I'd wager.

Edit to add that I have personal experience with being so much more gullible than most, as per my autism, specially when I was a teenager (I just didn't know I'm on the spectrum... mine was a late diagnosis).
It is possible they were trying to protect Sebastian, but I would wager my savings this was more a control tactic for CP. He commented that LE complimented his ability to remove internet capability on Sebastian’s device. While Seth sees his son as being very smart, just a bit socially awkward, C & KP sounded like they were describing a 10 yr old, not a 15 yr old.

I don’t know if he was trying to isolate Sebastian due to abuse, I don’t think he saw himself as being abusive. Remember when CPS came to their home they told Sebastian not to make up things to get CP in trouble! This according to CP.

MOO

Probably because autistic people are more gullible and it makes it easier for predators to groom them online. Although I can't cite cases from memory, there's a few disappearances out there where autistic kids were lured outside by "friends" they talked to on the internet. It's far from uncommon, sadly.

I tried to keep my younger sister away from a cellphone with social media as long as I could, but my mom isn't as worried about this as I am, so she let my sister create social media pages and whatever. So I can totally understand the thought process behind that, if that's the case for Sebastian.

It could also be to isolate him amidst the alleged (MOO) abuse he went through in the hands of his step-dad, I'd wager.

Edit to add that I have personal experience with being so much more gullible than most, as per my autism, specially when I was a teenager (I just didn't knew I'm on the spectrum... mine was a late diagnosis).
But wasn't Sebastian only diagnosed last year…maybe in August 2023?

It is possible they were trying to protect Sebastian, but I would wager my savings this was more a control tactic for CP. He commented that LE complimented his ability to remove internet capability on Sebastian’s device. While Seth sees his son as being very smart, just a bit socially awkward, C & KP sounded like they were describing a 10 yr old, not a 15 yr old.

I don’t know if he was trying to isolate Sebastian due to abuse, I don’t think he saw himself as being abusive. Remember when CPS came to their home they told Sebastian not to make up things to get CP in trouble! This according to CP.

MOO
Yeah, it can totally be for control purposes, but they are able to pass this off as "we're just protecting him".

The way C & KP talk about Sebastian makes me sad, honestly, because it's like he was never gonna be able to live a normal life by himself in their heads, which couldn't be further from the truth. The stark contrast between how Seth speaks of him and how C & KP speak of him is astonishing.

Which makes me think something....

If he was really gonna move in with Seth for the summer, maybe they were afraid of what he could possibly tell Seth about how he was treated by C & KP? So they knew they wouldn't be able to pass this as "oh, Sebastian is just making stuff up to get Mr. Chris in trouble". I don't know where the thing about diapers came up, but if that's true, it's a clear as day sign that something was very wrong.

But that's all speculation based on MOO.

i believe it was stated that he had been dxed with a genetic disorder causing developmental delay, and the ASD dx was added last year. i can't remember who said this initially though, maybe a parent in an interview.
That could well be, and was the case with my son: childhood diagnosis of pervasive developmental disorders/ neurological impairment. Then as a teen, autism spectrum disorder, because that had been a clinical addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean