AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very interested to know if this couple regularly has three-hour phone calls with each other while he's away at work, or if this was a one-time thing.
I've met two people in the last 4 months who spent hours at work on the phone with their significant other. One was a guy working on our cable box. He was carrying on a running convo with his wife on his airpods about nothing really, while occasionally speaking to me. The other was a UPS driver I chatted with at work. He also said he has his wife on an open line on his earbuds while he drives and delivers. I could never. But apparently that's how some people roll.

In the case of the Proudfoots, I would find it disturbing if there's routinely an open line between Sebastian's mom and step-dad, since it also leaves Sebastian's life on an open line. Imo, Chris always has an opinion and is always willing to tell you. If that's a regular practice for them, it could be disruptive of Sebastian's relationship with his mother. It would be, imo. It could cause significant stress for S. He may not have the communication skills at 15 to express how he felt about that. I wish an interviewer would ask Seth if Sebastian said anything about it.

Just finished the Nancy Grace interview. I forget who linked it here but thank you.
I know there are many following this thread with autistic children, some even from Tennessee.
I'm interested to know are any of you surprised that the Proudfoot's have no door chime on any of their doors. I don't know how long they have been living at their current residence. If they have only been there a year or two and SR has never given them a reason to believe he would leave on his own then I can give them a break on this but if they have lived there since SR was little I would think a door chime would have been wise to have.

Just finished the Nancy Grace interview. I forget who linked it here but thank you.
I know there are many following this thread with autistic children, some even from Tennessee.
I'm interested to know are any of you surprised that the Proudfoot's have no door chime on any of their doors. I don't know how long they have been living at their current residence. If they have only been there a year or two and SR has never given them a reason to believe he would leave on his own then I can give them a break on this but if they have lived there since SR was little I would think a door chime would have been wise to have.
Agree with this. Honestly, anyone with little kids should, I learned that lesson quickly when my oldest kiddos were little. They are quick! And a door chime has saved us a few times.

I apologize as I have just learned about this case. Does anyone happen to know where on the spectrum Sebastian is? My nephew is autistic but kind of higher end. Can be fairly self-sufficient but certainly not able to drive or truly take care of himself independently. I know of others who are very low spectrum and even non-verbal.
According to KP Sebastian is “high functioning”, he is socially awkward but very verbal when he wants to be. The first interviews C & KP made Sebastian sound much younger than he is. Including saying they were working on bathroom issues. Seth followed them explaining how he was teaching Sebastian life skills like cooking, shopping & how to interact socially. He said Sebastian would get to his place wearing a pull-up that Seth would tell him to throw away, and Sebastian had no BR issues at his house. KP also said she didn’t check on Sebastian in his room at night bc he might be having ‘private time’ (I think that’s what she called it) All these things a 15 yr old on the spectrum or not would be appalled over! KP often says she wants her baby back, almost every early interview. “I just want my baby back.” It was almost as if they were searching for 2 different kids.

Sebastian’s ASD diagnosis is fairly new (Fall’23-ish) but he also has a chromosome deletion diagnosed when he was a baby, which in itself causes developmental delays and lots of issues.

Agree with this. Honestly, anyone with little kids should, I learned that lesson quickly when my oldest kiddos were little. They are quick! And a door chime has saved us a few times.
^^^ YES^^^

I cannot imagine not having that door chime.

Our door chime has saved us many times, too, as has setting ADT alarm to “stay” & having it go off/alarm when our autistic son opens doors (attempting to exit the home). So thankful for these system functions.

I know I mentioned it early on in the thread, but my mind keeps returning to how strange I find it that Mom would participate in that lengthy phone call (especially given the fact that Sebastian is a special needs/autistic child).

To me (my opinion only). … I find that behavior both incredibly selfish & dangerous (particularly with an autistic child in the home who needs his mother to be “present”).

If her focus was there (on the phone call) for HOURS, it was surely not on Sebastian.

If this was something that occurred with any frequency, I would consider that a form of neglect (moo). This neglectful behavior poses safety concerns and this inattention may have likely negatively impacted Sebastian emotionally.

All of this is MOO (of course).

quick question as I haven't seen it answered. As with some many missing kid cases, do we know when Sebastian was seen by anyone outside the household? When I start to get hink from 'evolving' versions of the facts from the key players my mind always goes to how do I know that is when the missing person was really last seen?
Great question !
I'm interested in knowing this as well.

this is my educated guess but I think if we’re trying to determine where on the spectrum Sebastian is, I think he’s somewhere in the middle. Where he’s verbal and can generally express himself but also would have relative weaknesses in certain skills that would make him less independent than a typical 15 year old. JMO. MOO.

According to KP Sebastian is “high functioning”, he is socially awkward but very verbal when he wants to be. The first interviews C & KP made Sebastian sound much younger than he is. Including saying they were working on bathroom issues. Seth followed them explaining how he was teaching Sebastian life skills like cooking, shopping & how to interact socially. He said Sebastian would get to his place wearing a pull-up that Seth would tell him to throw away, and Sebastian had no BR issues at his house. KP also said she didn’t check on Sebastian in his room at night bc he might be having ‘private time’ (I think that’s what she called it) All these things a 15 yr old on the spectrum or not would be appalled over! KP often says she wants her baby back, almost every early interview. “I just want my baby back.” It was almost as if they were searching for 2 different kids.

Sebastian’s ASD diagnosis is fairly new (Fall’23-ish) but he also has a chromosome deletion diagnosed when he was a baby, which in itself causes developmental delays and lots of issues.
Bbm.
This says a lot, imo.

The way Seth managed Sebastian's disability was better in the long run, and kudos to him for trying to prepare Sebastian for the future.
Omo.

Has Sebastian been receiving SpEd since Kindergarten or just since his recent Autism diagnosis? I wish Nancy Grace and Tricia would interview the teachers.

Thanks for the link !
At about 2:57-58 min. into the video :

Seth was told to call CP and CP said (paraphrased by me); "...Sebstians' missing, don't be upset or anything ..." ???????
What the what ???
DON'T BE UPSET OR ANYTHING ????

What kind of statement is that to say to a terrified parent ?
His beloved child is missing.
Seth sounds grief-stricken and looks exhausted.
And now they're both (CP and KP) refusing to communicate with him ?
So sorry, Seth !
Omo.

Thursday 14 March: Video shows activity outside family home

Home security video, obtained by WTVF, showed two specks of light outside the family’s home in the Hendersonville neighbourhood around 3.10am in the middle of the night when the teenager went missing.

Sumner County Sheriff’s chief deputy Eric Craddock told the news outlet that there are several clips that have come in that investigators are reviewing for more clues.

One clip shows a pitch-black Stafford Court neighbourhood with two lights that appear to be people with flashlights moving toward each other before moving off-screen.
A timeline of the disappearance of 15-year-old Sebastian Rogers

I was unaware of this. just went and watched the footage. nothing much to be gleaned from it but you can see two light sources moving in it, no silhouettes no shadowy figures, simply two light sources moving. All it tells us is that someone or someones were moving around at around 3am in the common area between Sebastian's home and a neighboring property.

I seriously want to know when someone outside his household saw or spoke with him.
According to KP she & Sebatian were out & about all day on Sunday. They picked up her niece, met up with family, went bowling, out for dinner & did a grocery run before coming home. I’ve not heard any of these ppl in the news but LE would’ve verified. Hopefully if this wasn’t true they would’ve amended the timeline to indicate he was last seen Friday at school or whatever they know to be true.

This is really unusual with LO concluding their searches after the unsuccessful landfill search which also stopped any updates to the public. Also KP said she thinks someone has her son but she never went on the news to beg for his return. If my son was missing I’d be standing on my head in rush hour traffic if that would keep me/him in the news, while his stepdad was out searching for him.

We installed door chimes on every door and window in our homes, in every home we were in, once we had children. And they were neurotypical.

Its weird how different the mom and bio dad describe him. Makes me feel like there is some reason someone would want to make him seem more dependent. And the retention pond? We see a lot of very small autistic kids drawn to water and wander off. Like age 3-5 and often end up drowning tragically. It is really hard for me to see a 15 year old doing that type of thing but I don't have an autistic child so I don't know.

Sorry, I can find the list, what does bbm mean again? Seeing it a lot today. Thanks!
Bolded by me. :)

Wanted to add that it sounds from Seth, his bio dad, like Sebastian was on his way to being able to navigate life .
I'm guessing his bio dad encouraged him to do things on his own !

The part about his being disciplined by CP and KP makes it appear that they weren't wanting to deal with Sebastian's issues.
Fine, then.
Let him go to his dad's !
None of Sebastians' diagnosis' was his fault ; and it infuriating to think he may have been punished for some behaviors that were out of his control.

What happened that night ?
What kind of noise came from his room ?
It's almost like some people want us to think he ran away or was taken.
This is all so sad.
Omo.

Last edited:
According to KP she & Sebatian were out & about all day on Sunday. They picked up her niece, met up with family, went bowling, out for dinner & did a grocery run before coming home. I’ve not heard any of these ppl in the news but LE would’ve verified. Hopefully if this wasn’t true they would’ve amended the timeline to indicate he was last seen Friday at school or whatever they know to be true.

This is really unusual with LO concluding their searches after the unsuccessful landfill search which also stopped any updates to the public. Also KP said she thinks someone has her son but she never went on the news to beg for his return. If my son was missing I’d be standing on my head in rush hour traffic if that would keep me/him in the news, while his stepdad was out searching for him.
thank you for this! so outside witnesses can likely place him the day before reported missing. I agree, we would have probably heard if those witnesses provided by mom had not corroborated that.

I am rather shocked LE searched the landfill as I haven't found that to be SOP in a missing teen case, at least without some indication or lead causing them to think the missing person might have landed there.

the mother and stepfather puling p stakes and heading for the hills, cutting communication with Sebastian's dad, it's all painting a very worrisome picture for me. At least I can rest easy knowing Sebastian was seen by others outside the household on Sunday. There is comfort in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab