GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he was wearing his glasses when he picked her up from school. He's wearing them in the picture but they aren't listed in his description.

So he has picked her up before. I wonder what happened in that case - was it a routine pick up, or did he do it without knowledge of her family? I wonder what the 7 year old might have to say about their relationship.

So the fact that Simpson has legal custody of her, does that change any legalities related to the search for her? Does it change, for example, whether they can get cell phone pings or bank records? It seems very obvious that he didn't have good intentions - but does the fact that he IS her legal guardian give him certain rights of privacy?

The way that I read the information is that Mr. Simpson was given permission to pick the child up at school on school documents... like those that are filled out at the beginning of the school year. It does not mean that he has legal custody of the child via the courts... IMHO.

So the fact that Simpson has legal custody of her, does that change any legalities related to the search for her? Does it change, for example, whether they can get cell phone pings or bank records? It seems very obvious that he didn't have good intentions - but does the fact that he IS her legal guardian give him certain rights of privacy?

Not very helpful as I have no clue, but those are great questions. I have a feeling we must be missing some amount of information here...authorities must have a specific reason to believe C. is in grave and immediate danger.

The way that I read the information is that Mr. Simpson was given permission to pick the child up at school on school documents... like those that are filled out at the beginning of the school year. It does not mean that he has legal custody of the child via the courts... IMHO.

Info has been confusing. Now we have this:

http://wjhl.com/2016/05/04/breaking-tbi-endangered-child-alert-issued-for-9-year-old-rogersville-girl/

"Mr. Simpson had picked the child up from school on a previous occasion, as well. Additionally, documentation on file at the school listed Mr. Simpson as a legal guardian. Upon further investigation, court files verify that Mr. Simpson and his wife are the legal custodial guardians of the missing child."

Not seeing any links for her being found. :thinking:

I can't find the news article now, but the first paragraph stated thhe father has custody now, and the uncle doesn't. The school's statement to me sounds like they have the older custody paperwork on file, and it hasn't been updated. That's at least the way I look at it. Otherwise, it wouldn't be kidnapping. Or am I missing something?

I am not sure what to think! Even if uncle had custody, the fact he took the girl under false pretenses of dad being in an auto accident might be the deciding factor.

Wow! Just WTHeck?

Reading through the posts since my last one and I am more confused than ever. So, the uncle does NOT have custody and this is still a kidnapping?

There is a huge piece of info missing here, obviously. I truly hope that wherever she is, she is safe and unharmed.

I'm not sure who has custody....the article I linked up-thread states "Additionally, documentation on file at the school listed Mr. Simpson as a legal guardian. Upon further investigation, court files verify that Mr. Simpson and his wife are the legal custodial guardians of the missing child."

To me, that sounds like the news source did some digging....I am confused....I don't think an Amber Alert would have been issued if they were still legal guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500