GUILTY TN - Dana Wilkes, 48, Chattanooga, 9 Nov 2012

Ok, I am puzzled.

The son checked mom's house after she didn't show up for work, finding her car missing but her purse and frequently-needed insulin left behind.

Hours later, someone spots mom's abandoned car. He drives over to check it out and on the scene says he's puzzled because there isn't anything to cause alarm?

Is he in shock, traumatic shutdown, in denial, am I not understanding something? I would have been thoroughly alarmed to find her car gone with purse (drivers license?) left behind. And after that many hours, the insulin she needed had also been left behind. So I would have been alarmed way before her car was even found, yet he wasn't alarmed even AFTER her car was found abandoned?

"There really wasn't anything to cause alarm, which is why I was kind of puzzled," he said, standing where the car was found. "She should be here."

I interpreted his statement as there was nothing out of the ordinary with the vehicle. Flat tire, no gas, etc.

That is why he added "She should be here".

IMO

I lived in Chattanooga a few years ago. The city had an unusually high home invasion rate at that time. I'm praying for this lady but it does not sound good.

There's another Facebook page for Dana put up by her sister:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=464175256967911&id=257918890900403

According to her sister, Dana spoke to her mother at 11:15 p.m. on the 9th and was about to go to bed. A neighbor said he thought he heard Dana leave at 11:30 p.m. Her boss and coworkers called LE the next morning when she didn't show up for her 5:30 a.m. shift.

Sounds like Dana made it home from Wal-Mart. Did someone follow her home? Or did she leave on her own? Her house was unlocked when LE went to check on her.

Just rereading this ......

I find it bizarre that her employer called LE immediately after she didn't show up for work? Bosses/coworkers don't normally call LE when an employee doesn't show up. Was something going on at her workplace that triggered them to call LE? hmmmm

Johnny McRobey receives dialysis weekly. He may have been one of the last people to talk to Wilkes.

He says she was on her way to Walmart to fill a prescription

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20101659/son-of-missing-woman

from this article it seems she was going after work to fill a prescription. She was to be at work at 5:30 in the mornings, so she would have went to walmart early afternoon (perhaps before she went home???). Hopefully, they are reviewing the video survelliance tapes.
According to this article, she was last seen at 10:00 p.m. last Friday:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/11/12/238393/Police-Searching-For-Dana-Wilkes.aspx

You're right, she may have gone to Wal-Mart from work. Since it says McRobey may have been one of the last people to speak to Dana, I was thinking he saw and talked to Dana around 10 before she went to get her prescription. But, that's probably wrong. I wonder, then, who saw Dana at 10 p.m. A neighbor? Is she married? Anyone else living in the home?

We know that Dana was okay at 11:15 p.m. when she talked to her mom. And she was ready to go to bed then. So, it's disturbing that the neighbor heard Dana leaving at 11:30 p.m. Did she get a call from someone in distress? Someone who intended to harm her? That's what I fear.

Wilkes had a special bond with her patients at the Dialysis Clinic on East Third Street, where clients say she was always looking for someone to help.
"I came to her and was telling her about some problems I was having with my family," recalled Johnny McRobey, "she helped me to deal with it."
Johnny McRobey receives dialysis weekly. He may have been one of the last people to talk to Wilkes.
He says she was on her way to Walmart to fill a prescription

What about this guy?????Last to see her?
He knew where she was going!
But she did talk to her mother afterwards. That was 11:15 p.m. Who saw Dana at 10 p.m., though? That's when she was last SEEN. Don't know if Dana welcomed someone (the wrong person) into her home, or if she received a frantic phone call.

Having several insulin dependent diabetics in my family, I can tell you this is not a good thing for her to be without her meds this long. I feel so sorry for this woman and her family :( She is a tiny woman too, I truly hope she hasn't met with something sinister. Not good for her to be this long with out meds, either way. I am sure ya'll know that as well. Scary. Praying she is found quickly and gets the medical attention she most definitely needs :please:

Jumping off your post Indy Anna...

1. Someone came to her door and abducted her
2. She got a phone call after 11:15 and left to meet someone (which doesn't make sense she didn't take her purse or insulin - unless she thought she would only be gone a few minutes)
3. The spot where her car was found is only a pull off on the side of the road - did she go there to meet/pick someone up and meet with foul play

I want to know if she lives in an apartment complex or one of the duplexes. What's with the neighbor knowing what time she left?

I pray she is found soon....

I interpreted his statement as there was nothing out of the ordinary with the vehicle. Flat tire, no gas, etc.

That is why he added "She should be here".

IMO
I would add to that...no sign of a struggle. But, family believe she wasn't alone because of items found inside the car.

The neighbor didn't report hearing a struggle; just hearing Dana leave. If she received a phone call pleading for help after she spoke to her mother, she didn't feel a need to call and tell any of her family where she was going.

Whoever was with Dana in the car, Dana must've trusted him/her, or the person had a weapon.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20101659/son-of-missing-woman

Jumping off your post Indy Anna...

1. Someone came to her door and abducted her
2. She got a phone call after 11:15 and left to meet someone (which doesn't make sense she didn't take her purse or insulin - unless she thought she would only be gone a few minutes)
3. The spot where her car was found is only a pull off on the side of the road - did she go there to meet/pick someone up and meet with foul play

I want to know if she lives in an apartment complex or one of the duplexes. What's with the neighbor knowing what time she left?

I pray she is found soon....
It's odd too that the door was found unlocked. If she went to meet someone it's very likely she'd lock her door, even if it was close by and she didn't plan to be gone long. I really wish her neighbor had looked out the window when he heard her leaving. Did he hear her door close, or hear her car pull away?

Such a short time between Dana's conversation with her mother (how long?) and the time she left. I hope neighbors can remember seeing anything suspicious that night.

Link for news clip:

http://chic.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/3829205

This is a few days old but has additional information. Dogs were being prepared for a search. Also:

The area where Dana's car was found, 2 mi. from home, is considered a rough part of town. The car has been impounded by LE for evidence.

Dana has worked at the Dialysis Clinic for 14 years and this was her first no call/no show, which was a red flag for coworkers and family.

Family says her cell phone now states that her voice mailbox is not set up. Apparently, it had been prior to her disappearance?

She didn't pick up any pain meds and/or Xanax, did she? Lots of robberies, etc. going on with that these days.

so she does have her cell phone with her. But she left her purse, insulin case and her door unlocked.

She does live in a duplex; I hope the neighbor has been questioned throughly; sure holds a lot of information since he heard her leave around 11:30. I wonder if they were good friends.

The video doesn't say if they have gotten any cell phone pings.

Wonder if she has an extra insulin bag; let's hope. Wonder if they know if she received any calls after talking to her mom? Everybody seems to say she would do anything for anybody.....

Hopefully, LE has some strong leads in the case.

from the street view of the map

she lives in a duplex; blue with stone front; not sure if there are 2 or 4 apartments; depending on the up/down set up. there is a house to the right. there is another duplex to the left, very close to her's.

does anyone know what type of car she has?

she lives in a duplex; blue with stone front; not sure if there are 2 or 4 apartments; depending on the up/down set up. there is a house to the right. there is another duplex to the left, very close to her's.

She has a jeep. I haven't seen any mention of the model or color. There are shots of the duplex in the news clip I linked above. It looks like a two-family.

Side note: I wonder if she kept her car keys next to the front door. Was her car key on the same chain as her house key?

so she does have her cell phone with her. But she left her purse, insulin case and her door unlocked.

She does live in a duplex; I hope the neighbor has been questioned thoroughly; sure holds a lot of information since he heard her leave around 11:30. I wonder if they were good friends.

The video doesn't say if they have gotten any cell phone pings.

Wonder if she has an extra insulin bag; let's hope. Wonder if they know if she received any calls after talking to her mom? Everybody seems to say she would do anything for anybody.....

Hopefully, LE has some strong leads in the case.

How do we know she had the cell phone with her? I must have missed it....sorry. Someone showed up at her door, imo. Could be someone living close by or an acquaintance? Okay, I'll get this out there and hopefully we will learn he has been cleared, but an article stated she had two sons. We have seen Robert on camera. Who and where is the other son? Also, the 10 PM last seen needs to be defined more....or I'm thinking it may be an error. Did she work different shifts...ie: 2-10PM during the week and because of the week-end schedule maybe the clinic is only open from 6AM to sometime in the afternoon on Saturdays. ?????

I hope she isn't someone who doesn't lock her doors! Another thing...I haven't done alot of sleuthing her yet, but I am shocked I cannot find an addy or connection for her in Chattanooga...or TN for that matter and it should be out there if she has been working there for any length of time. From the video, it looks like she lives in a condo.

Her not having a voice mailbox is disturbing and I'm thinking cigarette butts left in the car. The car left where it was...out in the open..not to be hidden anywhere. Perp abandons vehicle and has someone pick him up.

Just thoughts..........The female reporter for channel 3 is ususally very good in getting info. She covered Gail Palmgren's case in Chat last year. imo

Good question. Maybe LE/media should release a pic to spark a memory of anyone who may have spotted it that evening. Knowing what time the car was left there would be a good thing too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back