Found Safe TN - Daphne Westbrook, 16, & dog, Chattanooga, kidnapped, 6 Oct 2019 *endangered*

Daphne Westbook missing from Chattanooga since 2019 found safe | wbir.com

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Update (5/28)

"A teen, who has been missing from Chattanooga since October 2019, was located earlier this week in Alabama.

Daphne Westbrook, who is 18, was found safe in Samson, Alabama, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said.

Westbrook, the subject of an Endangered Child Alert issued under the Holly Bobo Act earlier this week, has been missing since Oct. 7, 2019, TBI said.

TBI previously said Daphne Westbrook might have been with John Westbrook, 42.

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office wants him for aggravated kidnapping and custodial interference.

TBI did not comment on John Westbrook's whereabouts."

Missing teen believed kidnapped by tech savvy dad found safe in Alabama, officials say

Daphne Westbrook, an 18-year-old girl who had been missing for two years, has been found safe, officials announced Friday.

Friday morning, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced Daphne was found safe in Samson, Alabama. Officials did not state the circumstances that led to her recovery.

Daphne’s father remains on the loose, according to the district attorney’s office.

John Westbrook was previously indicted on aggravated kidnapping charges.

I was thinking that too. I really hope that her dad hasn’t poisoned her against her mom and that she can get some support and possibly therapy to work through what I’m sure was a traumatizing and isolating year. JMO.
One of the articles recently posted suggested that Daphne and her mom disagreed about her dropping out of school in the 10th grade. So it seems like if he brainwashed Daphne against her mom, it would be pretty easy. Of course the teen wants to live with the parent that does care whether or not they go to school. I’m not sure I ever believed he was keeping her drugged, but I don’t think it’s impossible, either.

Be well, Daphne.

Dad seems pretty cool too me. Probably a case where Dad and Daughter will both just claim he didn't do nothin' and enough time will pass before he's actually picked up and prosecutors get the opportunity they'll just drop the charges due to lack of evidence - unless somebody changes Daphne's mind. So probably not.

Florida Amber Alert canceled after Tennessee teen missing since 2019 found safe

Daphne was not cooperative with investigators after being pulled over in Alabama.
She has hired an attorney and showed no interest in talking with her mother on the phone.
Daphne says she is going to a Panama City Beach motel where she is supposed to meet up with one of her high school friends from Chattanooga.
After that, she is planning on going to visit her aunt in Sebring, FL.

Another link and update.

"We are thankful Daphne is safe and no longer being held by her father. It is especially gratifying to be able to tell her mom that Daphne is free and no longer being hidden. This doesn't change our goal to find and prosecute John Westbrook. Our investigation remains active and we expect new developments within the next couple of weeks."

Authorities locate missing Chattanooga teen in south Alabama, father wanted for kidnapping

UPDATE: 18-year-old Daphne Westbrook found safe in Alabama, TBI says

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back