Found Safe TN - Daphne Westbrook, 16, & dog, Chattanooga, kidnapped, 6 Oct 2019 *endangered*

Florida Amber Alert canceled after Tennessee teen missing since 2019 found safe

Daphne was not cooperative with investigators after being pulled over in Alabama.
She has hired an attorney and showed no interest in talking with her mother on the phone.
Daphne says she is going to a Panama City Beach motel where she is supposed to meet up with one of her high school friends from Chattanooga.
After that, she is planning on going to visit her aunt in Sebring, FL.
If she's seeing friends and an aunt, she can't be too brainwashed, right??

but I thought she left her car behind when she disappeared. It was reported that her car was found not far from her father’s home.

So hmmmmm whose car is she driving now?
Considering the car her dad chose to drive I'm a little disappointed that the year and model of car she was pulled over in wasn't published but I suppose it's probably a privacy thing

If she's seeing friends and an aunt, she can't be too brainwashed, right??
Yeah, maybe there are a certain type of people who would call it brainwashing for a 16 year old girl who hates her mom wanting to run around the American West in vintage clunkers ducking electronic surveillance with her dad learning about self reliance, internet security, blockchain investing and smoking a little weed but I would just call it being an indulgent parent willing to take some risks.

I imagine that once she turned 18 he put her in a car with the closest thing to legit tags they could manage, her probably expired out of state drivers license and some thousands of dollars cash that they agreed was enough for incidental issues that might arise but not enough to make her a target and they went opposite directions until the heat died down - no doubt still in every day contact on burner phones through an encrypted messaging platform like Signal or a non-US one like Whatsapp.

Last edited:
Considering the car her dad chose to drive I'm a little disappointed that the year and model of car she was pulled over in wasn't published but I suppose it's probably a privacy thing

Yeah, maybe there are a certain type of people who would call it brainwashing for a 16 year old girl who hates her mom wanting to run around the American West in vintage clunkers ducking electronic surveillance with her dad learning about self reliance, internet security, blockchain investing and smoking a little weed but I would just call it being an indulgent parent willing to take some risks.

I imagine that once she turned 18 he put her in a car with the closest thing to legit tags they could manage, her probably expired out of state drivers license and some thousands of dollars cash that they agreed was enough for incidental issues that might arise but not enough to make her a target and they went opposite directions until the heat died down - no doubt still in every day contact on burner phones through an encrypted messaging platform like Signal or a non-US one like Whatsapp.
It's an older Toyota Corolla Alltrac with expired Colorado plates per the photos in the article here:
Teen missing from Tennessee since 2019 found during traffic stop in Alabama

It's an older Toyota Corolla Alltrac with expired Colorado plates per the photos in the article here:
I see. A 30 year old all wheel drive E90 wagon spray painted fucia with a swapped silver hatch and steel wheels. I was not disappointed.

He should’ve known that would’ve stuck out in a tiny redneck town like Samson.
These cars are unique and instantly recognizable but they would fit right in in very rural very poor areas.

I find it bizarre that pictures of her and her vehicle - from the traffic stop - were published.
Probably to prove that she had actually been there safe, alone and left of her own accord.

Scrolling back through some older posts and came upon the link for the Finding Daphne FB page. Was interesting to see that Daphne (or someone who claims to be her) has commented on the first post on that page.

Finding Daphne

She has also gone live on that Facebook profile and mom has confirmed it’s her. I’m guessing there’s a lot more of the story to come.

I’m relieved this girl has been located. I never believed she was being held against her will and drugged. There was a mention she was believed to be taking horse bike riding lessons (IIRC) or seen riding horses by someone at some point. To me, that didn’t sound like a girl being held captive by her father.

This sounds like a case where she wanted to be with her dad and maybe mom said no? He might be the dad with relaxed rules, allows smoking weed, live your life however you want (I’m assuming she’s not a HS graduate?). He did not have permission to leave with her. He gave the middle finger to authorities looking for both of the them last two years. He’s in big trouble. She’s 18 and it appears doesn’t want to see her mom. That’s her choice now. She also might feel relieved she doesn’t have to hide anymore. This is a mess of a story. I’m also glad she still has her dog. I admit that was one of my first thoughts when the news broke she was found safe. (I know, I know).

I genuinely wish her well. IMO

I see. A 30 year old all wheel drive E90 wagon spray painted fucia with a swapped silver hatch and steel wheels. I was not disappointed.

These cars are unique and instantly recognizable but they would fit right in in very rural very poor areas.

Probably to prove that she had actually been there safe, alone and left of her own accord.

it’s a “hippie” type vehicle with Colorado plates and a Hayduke bumper sticker. Yes, it’s going to stick out in redneck Geneva County, AL and draw a cops attention. I was born here and spent the last 43 years of my life here. Take away the Colorado plate and Hayduke sticker, get it nice and muddy with orange clay and then it will fit in.

Yep <snip> "Officers on patrol stopped her vehicle because it had an expired tag and a missing tail light."

Daphne Westbrook, teen missing from Tennessee since 2019, found during traffic stop in Alabama
Wow! I have been glued to the trial in Mollie Tibbett's case and am just seeing this news. Absolutely elated that Daphne is alive and well!

Noting from the article:

She said she was going to the beach to enjoy herself,’' the chief said. “She said she had just turned 18 and was free.”

Free from what/whom?
Never mind...enjoy the beach, Daphne!!!
t108002.gif

Last edited:

Scroll down for a picture of Daphne and her dog at the time of the traffic stop Friday in Alabama.
HNAB6FJCIBFYLEG2OZJ2HK5TEA.PNG
AQ5MONO77ZAPRCESU327WKR6D4.jpg

Same vehicle:

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Twitter
KEY #TNAMBERAlert Update: We have a new pictures of John Westbrook, the suspect in the kidnapping of Daphne Westbrook, along with a vehicle he may possibly be driving. Both were taken in October in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The search continues. Spot them? Call 1-800-TBI-FIND!

2:29 PM · Mar 29, 2021

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500